Last Updated on by
Today we are going to discuss such a Quickbooks error that occurs due to the internet connectivity issue in Windows OS with Microsoft Win32 Internet, also referred to as Wininet API. This API enables Quickbooks to access several internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and Gopher swifty. Yes, this is Quickbooks error 12157. And also this error occurs when you try to update your Quickbooks application. So, if you want to resolve QB error 12157, then read this blog till the bottom of the page length.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 12157
So as we have mentioned above, the cause of Quickbooks error 12157 is a poor internet connection. But besides these reasons, there are many other reasons also available that you need to know the several reasons behind QuickBooks error 12157.
- Setting of the Internet application can also cause this error to crop up while updating
- Restrictive settings of Firewall and internet security application can also be the causes of this error.
- System is affected by Malware and Virus.
- When you use outdated version of QuickBooks
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12157
- The main symptoms of QuickBooks error 12157 is given
- Firewall setting and internet safety apps
- System will automatically crash
- Your system might be slow
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157
With the help of these solutions, you can easily find a solution to resolve QuickBooks error 12157.
Solution 1: Rectify the date and time for your Desktop
If the date and time is not correct then, Quickbooks replace method can get hampered. To check and rectify date and time on your system then, observe these steps
- select the clock at the proper backside of your computer screen
- Then, click on the mouse
- Adjust date and time
- Mention your present day, date and time on the display.
- After mention accurate data and time and you have got
- Close QuickBooks
- Reopen QuickBooks
- Run the QuickBooks update and check if the QuickBooks error 12157 is resolved.
Solution 2: Make modification in the network connection settings
In the network connection setting, QuickBooks error code 12157 occurs because of incorrect wrong internet connection settings. Intuit provides chase.com for easily checking your internet connection. Suppose if anyone wants to open this website through a browser and is unable to open then, QuickBooks can not reach your PC. In this type of situation, you have to get this resolved method to fix your net issue.
If you want to start internet then, follow these below steps
- Open the QuickBooks
- Go to the assist menu
- Pick out to fix the internet connection.
- Choose the connection setting
- Select took tab
- Select and repair the advanced settings.
- Then, press adequately and then complete the process.
By the above steps run, the QuickBooks and check QuickBooks error codes are resolved or not.
Solution 3: Configure firewall or net security settings
The setting of QuickBooks firewall or security settings restricts QuickBooks to update the software and payroll too. You need the internet access for below these steps.
Solution 4: Check if a couple of QuickBooks is set up the equal system
There are different installations of QuickBooks of the identical model for your system. This error can happen because of more than one QuickBooks. In this case, you have to download and set up updates for extraordinary variations of QuickBooks desktop.
Whenever you bring any Quickbooks solution for you. We bring all reasons and symptoms of Quickbooks errors. So that it will be easy to resolve the error for you. As of today we have fixed QuickBooks error 12157. We hope this instruction helps you to overcome this situation. But yet if you face any kind of problem then you can hire Quickbooks ProAdvisor.