Most of the USA citizens who have small businesses use Quickbooks. Quickbooks accounting software is very popular among US citizens. Because it has various tools to manage small & midsized businesses. Like Quickbooks payroll and Quickbooks workforce. Quickbooks payroll system is used for maintaining employee salary. But some times QB user face Quickbooks error 557.
If you are going to use QB payroll then this error can appear on your screen also. But why it happens only while using the payroll system?.
Because when user wants to update Quickbooks. And try to get the latest update for the payroll system. Then they have to face such kind of error. So let’s investigate more about it…
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error 557
Quickbooks errors which are categorized in numbers. It is very frustrating errors because they appear unnecessary on a computer screen. Quickbooks Error 557 is one amongst them. When it comes Quickbooks became sluggish. So that we can’t do any work. But you know why it comes. Because some files are corrupted by viruses.
Such kind of files is very dangerous not for only your Quickbooks but also for your computer system. It can damage your pc and maybe your PC can dead. So don’t ignores this QB error 557. Let’s see why this Quickbooks error occurs.
- You have not installed Quickbooks software properly in your system.
- You are not properly following the computer shutdown process.
- Uninstallation of the applications is not done properly.
- There might be various in your computer system.
- When you deleted something you have aborted that process early.
So as you have seen above all the reasons behind Quickbooks error 557. Ahead we will see its solution. But the most specific reason behind this error is an update of the Quickbooks payroll system. Every small business who use Quickbooks for its organization. They use Quickbooks payroll system.
Because Quickbook’s payroll system is very useful for keeping a record of each employee’s salary and working hours. So it’s necessary to keep payroll system up to date so that whenever any tax-related modification comes. Then if your Quickbooks have the latest version of the payroll system. Then you can calculate an accurate employee salary. That’s why Quickbooks brings time to time Quickbooks payroll. And if any user aborted this process then they have to see QB error 557.
How To Fix This Quickbooks Error 557
Before resolving this issue you have to read this instruction carefully. If you want to resolve QB error then you must have Quickbooks payroll activated subscription plan. And the second thing is, you should have sufficient Internet data. Because when all the steps completed for resolving Quickbooks error 557. Then your Quickbooks payroll system automatically updates all the latest updates provided by the company. So if you are ready to take steps regarding resolve QB error 557 then follow the below instruction.
Solution 1 Restore Your Computer System
- When you start your system then you have to login as administrator.
- Now go to the start button from the taskbar.
- Then click on programs and select accessories
- Then go to the system tool possible.
- After that, you have to select System Restore.
- Now a new window open in front of you. Where you will see restore your system click on it.
- Then a list appears “On the list click a restore point”
- But remember to choose the foremost recent time for restoring your PC.
- After a few seconds, you will get a confirmation window. Where you have to click on the Next button.
- Congrats your restore process of pc is beginning.
- Wait to complete these tasks, after completed this process restart your PC.
We hope this process will solve your problem. But if you are still facing Quickbooks error 557 then follow the below instructions.
Solution 2: Use Control panel
- Go to the start menu and type control panel.
- Double click on control panel select uninstall a program.
- Then update all the software you have installed in your system.
- After completed the update process restarts your computer.
Solution 3: Update your Antivirus
Every month and year millions of viruses run on internet. So it might possibility to affect your system by the viruses. So update your antivirus so that your antivirus can detect viruses and repair them.
Solution 4: Use Quickbooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor tool is used for resolving Quickbooks errors. If the above solutions are not working in your system then download the latest Quickbooks file doctor and install it.
- Open Quickbooks file doctor
- Then search for your company file from the dropdown list
- Now you will see three dotted option choose check file damage only option
- And click on the diagnose file button.
- Next window appear for repair your file select repair file
- And click on the Next button.
- Wait for the repairing process completion
- After completion, you have to restart your computer
- Turn on your computer system and hold the Ctrl+shift key and press enter.
- Now you will see the permission pannel.
- Here you have to click on yes
- After that recording machine will be open where you have to type” Regedit” and press on entering.
- Now you have to select your QB error code 557
- And then select Export from the file menu
- Save it to the folder where you want to avoid wasting the Quickbooks backup key
- Select the right branch before choosing export
- Then click on save button
We hope this article will help you to resolve Quickbooks error 557
Quickbooks error 557 is a very frustrating issue in Quickbooks. If you don’t want to face such kind of error. Then you have to keep your Quickbooks software up-to-date. And never miss any Quickbooks updates. Keep your entire system always up to date. And never abort any update process. If you remember these instructions then you will enjoy using Quickbooks.