Last Updated on January 12, 2021 by Editorial Staff
Today’s article is for those, who are facing QuickBooks error 557 during the use of QuickBooks payroll, or QuickBooks Workforce. If you are one of them then, this is the blog for you, where you will get the solution for the error code, and also the reasons.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
If you are going to use QuickBooks payroll then this error can appear on your screen also. But why it happens only while using the payroll system?.
Because when the user wants to update QuickBooks. And try to get the latest update for the payroll system. Then they have to face such kind of error. So let’s investigate more about it…
What are the Reasons & Solutions for QuickBooks Error 557
The reasons and solutions for QuickBooks error 557 are mentioned in the below, have a look:
Why the QuickBooks Update Error 557 Occurs
QuickBooks errors which are categorized in numbers. It is very frustrating errors because they appear unnecessary on a computer screen. QuickBooks Error 557 is one amongst them. When it comes QuickBooks became sluggish. So that we can’t do any work. But you know why it comes. Because some files are corrupted by viruses.
Such kind of files is very dangerous not for only your QuickBooks but also for your computer system. It can damage your pc and maybe your PC can dead. So don’t ignores this QuickBooks error 557. Let’s see why this QuickBooks error occurs.
- You have not installed QuickBooks software properly in your system.
- You are not properly following the computer shutdown process.
- Uninstallation of the applications is not done properly.
- There might be various in your computer system.
- When you deleted something you have aborted that process early.
So as you have seen above all the reasons behind QuickBooks error 557. Ahead we will see its solution. But the most specific reason behind this error is an update of the QuickBooks payroll system. Every small business who use QuickBooks for its organization. They use the QuickBooks payroll system.
Because Quickbook’s payroll system is very useful for keeping a record of each employee’s salary and working hours. So it’s necessary to keep the payroll system up to date so that whenever any tax-related modification comes. Then if your QuickBooks has the latest version of the payroll system. Then you can calculate an accurate employee salary. That’s why QuickBooks brings time to time QuickBooks payroll. And if any user aborted this process then they have to see QuickBooks error 557.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 557
Here in the below, we have given enough solutions to fix the problem in a few minutes. You just need to choose any one of the solution according to the reason, and follow the procedure without skipping a single step. Here are some requirements needed to fix the QuickBooks error 557 without having any problem, first arrange all of them.
- You must have the QuickBooks Payroll activated subscription plan.
- A good, and sufficient internet data with high-speed accuracy.
If you are ready with the above two requirements then go for the procedure.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to the New Version
The first, and effective method to fix the error is updating of QuickBooks to the latest released version. So update QuickBooks Desktop to 2021 (the latest released version) as soon as possible.
Solution 2: Restore the Computer System
- When you start your system then you have to login as administrator.
- Now go to the start button from the taskbar.
- Then click on programs and select accessories
- Then go to the system tool possible.
- After that, you have to select System Restore.
- Now a new window open in front of you. Where you will see restore your system click on it.
- Then a list appears “On the list click a restore point”
- But remember to choose the foremost recent time for restoring your PC.
- After a few seconds, you will get a confirmation window. Where you have to click on the Next button.
- Congrats your restore process of pc is beginning.
- Wait to complete these tasks, after completed this process restart your PC.
We hope this process will solve your problem. But if you are still facing QuickBooks error 557 then follow the below instructions.
Solution 3: Update Software By Using Control Panel
- Go to the start menu and type control panel.
- Double click on control panel select uninstall a program.
- Then update all the software you have installed in your system.
- After completed the update process restarts your computer.
Solution 4: Update the System Antivirus
Every month and year millions of viruses run on the internet. So it might possibly affect your system by the viruses. So update your antivirus so that your antivirus can detect viruses and repair them.
Note: You need to check your antivirus in the system in a regular interval of time. So that, you will be update with the antivirus update.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor tool is used for resolving QuickBooks errors. If the above solutions are not working in your system then download the latest QuickBooks file doctor and install it.
- Open QuickBooks file doctor
- Then search for your company file from the dropdown list
- Now you will see three dotted option choose check file damage only option
- And click on the diagnose file button.
- Next window appear for repair your file select repair file
- And click on the Next button.
- Wait for the repairing process completion
- After completion, you have to restart your computer
Solution 6: Make a Backup of QuickBooks
- Turn on your computer system and hold the Ctrl+shift key and press enter.
- Now you will see the permission pannel.
- Here you have to click on yes
- After that recording machine will be open where you have to type” Regedit” and press on entering.
- Now you have to select your QuickBooks error code 557
- And then select Export from the file menu
- Save it to the folder where you want to avoid wasting the QuickBooks backup key
- Select the right branch before choosing export
- Then click on the Save button
Now we hope, you are able to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 557 easily. Try to follow all the above solutions, and follow them carefully. Still, if there any problem regarding this blog, or if you need help to fix the problem as soon as possible then you can ask for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. QuickBooks Experts can solve your problem in a short period.