Last Updated on by
You will get pop up Quickbooks error 1321 when Quickbooks installer doesn’t have enough privileges to write or modify the file in your device. Bellow discous in detail how you can fix that installation error or how you give enough access or permission to write a file or install Quickbooks software in your device. Bellow, we mentioned messages that you can see with installation error 1321.
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1321
- You will this when the update file procedure is faster than the copy file procedure.
- You will get this error code when antivirus or security software restrict installer from installing writing a file
- When you set in windows permissions box to restrict the folder files.
- When the file referenced in the error is used or damaged.
Through this blog, We will provide some solutions to solve this QuickBooks error code 1321. For this, you just need to carefully read this blog and followed the steps of the given solutions. Maybe the given first solution removes this QuickBooks error code 1321 And you may need to follow all the solutions. For best results, follow and perform all solutions.
Fix Quickbooks error code 1321
To fix Quickbooks error code 1321 follow these bellow mentioned all methods or approach by following these methods you can easily fix this error code and install Quickbooks accounting software in your device.
Methods to fix:
- To Download The QuickBooks Install Tool
- Re-click The Update
- Change Or Edit The Windows Permissions On The Folder File
- Temporarily Stop All Antivirus Software In The System
Method 1. Download The QuickBooks Install Tool :
- Firstly, you just need to download the QB Install tool on your device or system.
- After that, Go to the download folder and you will see that QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe.
- Now, right-click on this file then select the Open menu and click on it.
- After that, You will see a box on your system screen which will the License agreement. then just need to read or understand this agreement. If you are agreeing in agreement with the conditions given in the agreement, so you can click on the yes button.
- After that, press the Proceed menu button to start the scanning procedure in the system.
- This procedure can take 20 to 40 minutes, It depends upon the size of the QB company data files.
- After completing this procedure, restart your device or system.
- After that Re-register or activate your QuickBooks software.
Method 2. Retry the update:
- First of all, you want to complete the update process then click on the retry option.
- After that If you again face this QuickBooks error 1321 on your device, then click on the cancel button.
- After that, you just need to follow the next solution to solve this QuickBooks error code 1321.
Method 3. Change Or Edit The Windows Permissions On The Folder File:
For this solution, you must know we use two versions of the window, which is the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version.
- First of all, click the Windows + R key at the same time to open the Run box window.
- Then Enter the address in the folder of QuickBooks program files in this Open field, then click the Enter key
- After that set path for the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows 10, 8 & 7 in Desktop enterprise, Pro and premier And Point of sale.
- First, Go to the new window, and select the view menu then go the customize this folder option.
- After that Go to the Properties window, Then Go the Security tab and click on it.
- Opening the Security tab window, Then click on the Administrators.
- After that choose the Allow menu then go to the Full Control option.
- Go to the Security tab window, and choose the SYSTEM user.
- After that again choose the Allow menu then go to the Full Control option.
- Then press the OK button to close the Properties window tab.
- After that, install the QuickBooks software on your system.
If you still facing the same QuickBooks error code 1321, then you can follow the next solution.
Temporarily Stop All Antivirus Software In The System
- To temporarily stop all antiviruses software in the system, You can get help from the software vendor’s website and any other supports option for this procedure.
- After that Install your QuickBooks software and update it.
- After completing the installation process, you can enable again your antiviruses or security software in the system.
Before the disable all antiviruses software in the system, you just need to disconnect the internet connection. After completing these steps, before connecting the internet connection you just need to enable again your antiviruses.
We hope you are completely satisfied after reading this post and know what is Quickbooks error 1321 or how to fix or resolve easily and what are the possible causes and possible methods to fix. In this post, we put our full effort to describe how users can fix that installation error easily.