Last Updated on December 18, 2020 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks error 1321 occurs when the installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file in the system, and it couldn’t because of the system error permission issue. This QuickBooks error code put us in trouble to perform any installation activities in QuickBooks, and in the system also. So, it is very important to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Today in this article, we will know, how will be the QuickBooks error code 1321 fixed out by accessing permission to write a file, and what are the causes behind the QuickBooks privileges error. Start your journey with Accountwizy, if you seriously want to resolve this error.
- The Way to Identify the QuickBooks Error 1321
- Why Error 1321 Insufficient Privileges QuickBooks Occur
- How QuickBooks Error Code 1321 Can be Resolved
- The End Line
The Way to Identify the QuickBooks Error 1321
It has more than one sign to identify the privileges error. We have the list of signs in below, have a look:
- You will get an installation problem in your system while using QuickBooks.
- The system, and the other part of the system like the mouse, keyboard will work slowly.
- You will get an error message in different ways.
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
- The user or installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe.
- You will not be able to update anything.
Why Error 1321 Insufficient Privileges QuickBooks Occur
- The faster update process from the file copy is the main reason for the QuickBooks update error 132.
- The firewall is not configured with QuickBooks, and both antivirus, and firewall blocking the installation of the update.
- This problem also appears when the Windows permission for the folder containing the files is set to restrict access.
- When the file referenced in the error is used or damaged.
These were the reasons behind the error code. Keep all these points forever, so that the error will not appear again.
How QuickBooks Error Code 1321 Can be Resolved
Here we have given some solutions for the problem below. All of the methods are fruitful to fix this error and already experienced and tested by the users. Let’s proceed with the methods:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Tool
- First, download the QBInstall tool on your system.
- After the complete download process, go to your download folder, and double click on the QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file to open it.
- Agree and accept the license agreement.
- Click the ‘Proceed’ option to start the scanning process. It will take 20-30 minutes to complete.
- And fix the common installation errors, after scanning the system.
- At the last, restart the system.
Solution 2. Retry For Update:
- Click the ‘Retry’ option to allow the complete update.
- After, clicking the retry option, if the updation will not work, click the ‘cancel’ option on the error message.
Solution 3: Turn Off Antivirus Program for Temporarily
- Disable the system security or the antivirus program for a short time.
- Again install QuickBooks for update.
- And activate or turn on the antivirus program again.
Before disabling of antivirus software in the system, you just need to disconnect the internet connection. After completing these steps, before connecting the internet connection you just need to enable again your antiviruses.
Solution 4: Change the Windows Permission on the Folder
- Press the Windows key + ‘R’ key to open the run box.
- Then, enter the path of the folder, which contains the program files in the ‘Open’ field.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key.
|QuickBooks Product||For 32-bit versions of Windows (10, 8,7)||For 64-bit versions of Windows (10, 8,7)|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise||C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0|
|QuickBooks Pro & Premier||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018|
|QuickBooks Point of Sale||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0|
|C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0||C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0|
- Next, open a new Window, and select the ‘View’ option for the ‘Customize this folder’ option.
- Go for the ‘Properties’ window, and click on the ‘Security’ tab option.
- Again from the tab, select the ‘Administrators’ option.
- Click on the ‘Allow’ option for full control.
- Again from the same tab, choose the ‘System’ user, and click the ‘Ok’ option to close the properties window.
- Then install QuickBooks.
The End Line
We hope you are completely satisfied after reading this post and know what is Quickbooks error 1321 or how to fix or resolve it easily. Still, if you have any problem regarding this topic, or want help to fix the problem then find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and get your best answer.