Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Editorial Staff
Do you know QuickBooks has also a doctor? Yes, QuickBooks has also a doctor called QuickBooks file doctor. Actually, QuickBooks file doctor is a tool, which can fix the network issues, and damaged company file issues in a few seconds, that’s why it is called the doctor of QuickBooks File. Are you interested to know about this tool? If yes, then hurry up, and continue with us till the end of the blog.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
QuickBooks file doctor tool is the part of the QuickBooks tool hub. As we all know QuickBooks tool hub has six tools that help you to resolve your QuickBooks error. Such as company file issue, Network Issue, Program Problems, Installation Issue, and password reset Tool. And when you face any company file issue, then you have to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool which exists inside the Company file issues.
So whenever if you are unable to access company files, that do not exist in their current computer system – but exist in other connected network PC. Then you need to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. So that you can resolve your QuickBooks company files related issues. While if you face QuickBooks error 600 series. Then you need to use the Network issue tab. See below the image of the QuickBooks tool hub.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
We can divide the file doctor tool into two types, and they will be named as:
- Built-in file doctor tool (QuickBooks Desktop 2016, and for later)
- QuickBooks file doctor stand-alone version
The stand-alone version of QuickBooks file doctor is used for the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager is installed for the purpose of hosting. So, in this blog, we will discuss the built-in file doctor.
Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The built-in file doctor tool allows the users to repair files and data, network, and diagnosis repair. Windows 10, 8, 7, and Server 2003-2012 users can only use the built-in version of the file doctor tool. The tool will not be supported in all versions of QuickBooks like; QuickBooks for MAC, as we told in the above line the tool will be supported in the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version or the latest version.
Limitation to Use QuickBooks File Doctor
There are some limitations to use QuickBooks file doctor tool. So if you want to use the tool, then read all the limitations to use the tool without facing any problem.
- A strong internet connection is needed to download, and upload the QuickBooks file for manual repair.
- If in case, you are unable to open any company file then, run the tool, and if the file is able to open then, work on it, and don’t run the tool.
- Always remember that, the maximum file size of the file should be 2GB.
- To Diagnosis the network issue, you need to login as an administrator to run the tool.
- The network diagnosis, and the QuickBooks file repair are on by default.
Functions, and Procedure to Download, Run, & Use the File Doctor Tool:
Here is the proper guidance to set up the QuickBooks File doctor, follow the steps carefully, and sove your problem as soon as possible.
Functions of QuickBooks File Doctor
While working with QuickBooks, usually you face many errors such as damaged company files, networking error, and many errors. Then you search for the solution to fix the QuickBooks error. Don’t worry, because of this QuickBooks file doctor comes with standard functions to repairs your damaged company file and fixes many types of QuickBooks error.
- Its standard function helps to repair the corrupted QuickBooks data file.
- Resolves all errors of the QuickBooks error 6000 series.
- Recovers missing data or blank lists properly.
- QuickBooks remote access your QuickBooks company File from one system to another system.
- Network issues in accessing multi-user setup error.
- Fix networking error and QuickBooks error H202, H101, H102, H103, and many.
- Repair your company files by using the file doctor tool.
How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- To download the tool first close your QuickBooks software.
- Then download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub (Download).
- Save tool hub file with extension .exe on desktop.
- After that, continue to follow on-screen steps to install.
- Then, agree to its terms and conditions.
- Now you have downloaded your QuickBooks tool hub.
Note: Once it gets installed, Make sure the system has letest.Net Framework. Because without .Net framework you can’t use QuickBooks tool hub.
How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor
To run the QuickBooks file doctor tool, here we have provided two methods for easy understanding of users. Read and examine the procedures and follow that process which will be easy for you.
- After the complete download and install of QuickBooks Tool Hub go to the company file issues tab, and click on it.
- Then select the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ from the company file issues tab.
- Wait for a couple of time, it will open automatically.
- If in case, file doctor tool is not opening on the screen then you can search for the QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and can open it manually.
- After the launch of the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ Tool, select the company file from the drop-down list.
- You can also go for the ‘Browser and Search’, option to find your file, if you are unable to see the company file.
- Then click on the ‘Check your file’ option, and then on the ‘Continue’ option.
- In the next step enter the QuickBooks admin Password, and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Then the scanning process will be started automatically, it may take some time to finish the process according to the company file and will also resolve the issue that you have faced in the company file.
- After the complete scanning process, you can open the QuickBooks again and can go to that file where you found the issue.
Here was the first procedure to run the tool through the tool hub, hope you like it. And here is the second procedure in the below, which will also help you to run the tool manually.
- After installing the QuickBooks tool hub you have to click on the Start button from the taskbar.
- Then click on QuickBooks Tool hub
- And then click on the Company File tab.
- Now Select your company file by the Browser button, (which file has QuickBooks errors.)
- And then you will see QuickBooks file doctor Button click on it to run the tool.
- And click on the check file damage option and click on OK
- If your file is protected then it will ask for the user name and password. Then you have to provide login credentials to use the company file.
- Then next window will open and ask you to open the company file in an older version of QuickBooks or Repair the file for your existing version. Click on the Repair file for the existing version then click on Next Button.
- Wait for the process completed, then it will ask you to which version you want to open the company file. The select version from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click on Open QuickBooks button
- It will directly open your QuickBooks company file in the selected QuickBooks version.
Note: Keep patience until and unless the entire QuickBooks Diagnose process completes.
How to Use the Build-In File Doctor Tool
Follow the below steps to use the tool perfectly, and this is the process will be applicable only for the built-in version of the tool:
- First of all, open QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- After that, go for the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Repair file and Network problems’ to open the file doctor tool in the built-in version.
- Select the company file browsing it, which need to diagnosis and repair, after that, click the ‘Open’ option.
- Now you can see an option of ‘Show Advanced Setting’, just click on it.
- Choose the appropriate situation that you faced in this issued company file, and go for the ‘Diagnose File’ option.
Test Results of QuickBooks File Doctor to Resolve Network Issue
As you already know, the QuickBooks file doctor can resolve both company file issues and network issues. Here we have given the procedure to resolve the network issues, now see how to do it, and what are the procedures to resolve the network issues.
First of all, you need to turn on the hosting mode if your hosting mode is off, to access the QuickBooks company files over a network. And learn more knowledge regarding the QuickBooks company files in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Company Data Files in Multi-User Mode
Hosting allows the other systems or the workstations to access the file form to the main server, which stores all the company files details. And the QuickBooks Desktop uses a service to manage company file access, here we have given a table of information in below, where you can clearly know which version of QuickBooks Desktop use which type of service.
|QuickBooks Desktop Version||Service Used for QuickBooks Desktop|
|QuickBooks Desktop 2020||QuickBooksDB30|
|QuickBooks Desktop 2019||QuickBooksDB29|
|QuickBooks desktop 2018||QuickBooksDB28|
To Find out the service:
If you want to find out about the service then follow the below steps:
- At first, open your Windows control panel.
- Then go to the user accounts, and find the service.
- After that, look for the service which is suitable for your QuickBooks Desktop version.
Hosting Types, and Its Function
- In the dedicated host, you should ensure the setup of both host, and server.
- In the host server, make sure that the hosting is one, the QuickBooks database server manager is installed, and no users use the QuickBooks in the host server.
- And ensure that the workstations hosting are off, and QuickBooks installed in the workstation system.
Peer to Peer Hosting
- In the peer to peer host, ensure that the host server always turns on, QuickBooks is installed in the host server and the users also use the QuickBooks in the host computer.
- In the workstation, the hosting should be off, and the QuickBooks installed.
- In the alternate hosting system, QuickBooks installed in the host server, and in the workstations.
- In this hosting, the user can use QuickBooks only in the host server.
- QuickBooks not installed in the data server, but all the company files are stored in the data server.
How Company Files are Accessed
The company files accessed according to some conditions, here we have mentioned some of the conditions, have a look:
- Database Server Mode: The company file can successfully open in the database server.
- Windows File Permissions: The QuickBooks user, who is logged in must have the permission of full access, including permission, modify files, and etc.
- QuickBooks User Login: QuickBooks users must have a different QuickBooks user login, ID, and password.
As you see in the above article, the QuickBooks file doctor tool is part of QuickBooks Tool Hub, so you need not get confused between them. And the QuickBooks file doctor is the combination of QuickBooks company file repair tool and QuickBooks network tool. At last, we hope, this article will be very informative for you, and now you are able to download, install, and use the file doctor tool. You can get our ProAdvisor support, if in case you face any problem while following these procedures. Don’t be hesitate to take our help, we always available to help you.