Explore this well-explained article with a view to learning step by step about how to tackle the issues associated with the network and quickbooks company files with the help of Quickbooks File Doctor. Here, Through this article, we have explained and given a practical solution for everyone who is wondering how to run Quickbooks File Doctor, how to download quickbooks file doctor, and how to fix the data damage.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks file doctor denotes a tool or software that assists a company in finding and repairing damaged files in QuickBooks.Quickbooks file doctor tool which is part of the QuickBooks tool hub is a very convenient tool for any organization as it can employ this tool to troubleshoot certain types of file and data corruption, QuickBooks network issues, Program Problems, Installation Issues, password reset tools, and Windows setup problems along with testing your network problem that affects QuickBooks.
In case you are looking for company file access which is not in your working computer system but is available in other connected network PCs. Then you are required to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix all your company file-related issues. QuickBooks file doctor tool is the result of the combination of two different tools one is a Network diagnostic tool and the other one is a data damage repairing tool. In case of any error with QuickBooks, you are advised to fix it using QuickBooks file doctor before contacting technical support of QuickBooks.
Table of Errors that Can Be Fixed Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
|Various types of H series |
|Damaged company files||Unable to open QuickBooks company file|
|Error code 6073.||Missing or blank vendor, customer, |
or employee lists
|Multi-user mode errors|
|Error code -6000 -301||QB Error code H505||Network errors|
|Error code -6150||QB Error 6147, or Error -6130||Data corruption errors|
|Damaged Windows registry||Installation errors||QuickBooks error H202|
|Error in updating |
|QB Error code -6000 -305||The firewall port is poorly configured|
|other 6000 series errors||Malware attack hard drive||Error code -6000 -82|
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be divided into two types:
- One is a built-in file doctor tool. (QuickBooks Desktop tool 2016, and for later)
- The second one is the QuickBooks file doctor stand-alone version.
QuickBooks File Doctor’s stand-alone version is utilized only for the server in which there is a QuickBooks database server manager installed to do hosting.
Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The built-in file doctor tool helps us fix files and data, diagnose, and network repair. Users who use Windows 10, 8, 7, and Server 2003-2012 are able to use the built-in version of the file doctor tool. The file doctor tool doesn’t support all the versions of quickbooks such as QuickBooks for MAC, as It has already been mentioned that the tool is supported in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version or the latest version.
Limitation to Use QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool comes with some limitations while using it. Therefore, it is important for you to understand the limitations of this tool to avoid any further problems.
- First, you need a powerful internet connection when downloading and uploading the QuickBooks for manual repair.
- In case you are facing the issue where you are unable to open the company file in quickbooks, run the quickbooks file doctors tool but if you can open it, no need to run the tool and you can work on it.
- Important things to remember, the file size must not exceed 2GB.
- To fix the network issue, one is required to log in as an administrator to use the tool.
- The fixing of the network and the quickBooks file repair remain on by default.
Other Recommended Articles:Accounting Software Features
Pros And Cons Of QuickBooks Online
Tips To Choose Best Accounting Software For Bookkeeping
Uses of QuickBooks File Doctor:
When an Organization starts using QuickBooks, it starts facing several errors some of which are damaged company files, networking errors, and other issues. With the help of QuickBooks File Doctor and its advanced functions, you can fix your damaged company file and other types of QuickBooks errors.
- Repair the damaged QuickBooks data file using its standard function.
- Fix all the issues of the QuickBooks error 6000 series.
- Help you recover your missing data.
- Using QuickBooks remote access one can get any quickBooks company file from one system to another system.
- Repair your network issues while accessing the multi-user setup error.
- Repair QuickBooks errors H202, H101, H102, H103, networking issues, and company files using The File Doctor tool.
How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- You need to close the QuickBooks software to download the tool.
- Now you can download and install your latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (Download).
- Save the tool hub file with extension .exe from where you can get it easily.
- Now, employ the on-screen instructions to install it and agree to its terms and conditions.
- Now, you have the QuickBooks tool hub after downloading.
Things to remember; To use the QuickBooks tool hub you need to have the latest .Net Framework as without it one is not able to use the QuickBooks tool hub.
How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor
We are mentioning here two methods for the users to understand how to run QuickBooks file doctor tools. After reading and examining the steps you can follow the process.
- Once the downloading and installation are completed of the QuickBooks Tool Hub approach the company file issues tab and click on it.
- Choose the option named ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ from the company file issues tab.
- Wait for a short time until it opens automatically.
- If you are struggling to open the file doctor tool on the screen then look for the QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and open it manually.
- After the launching of the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor tool’ you need to choose the company file from the drop-down list.
- If you can’t see the company file, find it using the ‘Browser and Search’, option by pressing the ‘Check your file’ option, and then go for click on the ‘Continue option.
- After that, You can enter your QuickBooks admin Password and then press the next Option.
- Now the scanning process starts automatically which takes some time to complete the process as per the company file and resolve the problem of the company file.
- After the scanning process, open QuickBooks again and you can find the file that has the problem.
It was the first procedure that made you learn how to run the tool through the tool hub.
Now, Let’s start 2nd procedure in which you can learn how to run the tool manually.
- Press the start button from the taskbar after installing the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now hit QuickBooks Tool hub
- Give a click on the Company file tab.
- Now you can select the company file(which contains a Quickbooks error) using the browser button.
- Now you can see the QuickBooks file doctor Button, press it to run the tool.
- Now go to the check file damage option and press OK.
- In case, you have a protected file then it will ask you for the username and password. Then you need to provide your login credentials to work in the company file.
- Now, you will see a new window opening that will ask you to open the company file in an older version of Quickbooks or Repair the file for your existing version. Select to click the Repair file for the existing version then click on the Next Button.
- On completing the process, it will provide you with a question about which version you wish to open the company file. You can choose the version with the help of the dropdown menu.
- Finally, you can click the open Quickbooks button to open the QuickBooks company file of your QuickBooks version.
Note: Have patience until the whole process of the QuickBooks Diagnose is finished.
What are the steps to use the Build-In File Doctor Tool
Here, we are going to describe the steps to learn how to use the tool properly and all these steps are only for the built-in version of the tool:
- First of all, start by opening Quickbooks without opening the company file.
- Then, select the ‘File’ menu, and then go for the ‘Utilities’ option.
- After that, you can click on the ‘Repair file and Network problems’ in order to run the file doctor tool in the built-in version.
- Select the company file and browse it, which needs to be diagnosed and repaired, after that, click the ‘Open’ option.
- . Now click on ‘Show Advanced Setting’
- Now you can resolve the issue by selecting the ‘Diagnose File’ option and choosing the suitable situation you encounter in the issued company file.
Test Results of QuickBooks File Doctor to Fix Network Issues
As it is known to everyone, the QB file doctor is able to tackle both file issues and network issues. Now, have a look at the process of resolving the network issues, and learn how to do it.
First, turn on the hosting mode if it is off, to get access to the QuickBooks company files over a network. And you can get more information about the QuickBooks company files in multi-user mode.
How Company Files are Accessed
Here, you will find some updates about some conditions in which company files are accessed.
- Database Server Mode: The company file can be successfully opened using a database server.
- Windows File Permissions: The QuickBooks user, who is logged in must have the permission of full access, including permission, to modify files, etc.
- QuickBooks User Login: QuickBooks users must have a different QuickBooks user login, ID, and password.
Steps to Repair Network Issues with QB File Doctor
By now we have understood that Quickbooks File Doctor is able to resolve the company file issues and network issues. Now time to learn how to solve the network issues with it.
First, you need to turn on the hosting mode if it is off and try to figure out which services you require to manage company file access in QuickBooks Desktop.
Through Hosting the other systems are capable of accessing the data or files from the main server that stores all the company data as well as information. The QuickBooks Desktop utilizes a service to manage company file access, here we have given a table of information below, where you can clearly know which version of QuickBooks Desktop uses which type of service.
- Open the Windows control panel, and visit the ‘Users’ section.
- Choose the ‘User Accounts’ option in the ‘Users’ section.
These are the steps and the services that you require to manage company file access in
|QuickBooks Desktop Version||Service Used for QuickBooks Desktop|
|QuickBooks Desktop 2020||QuickBooksDB30|
|QuickBooks Desktop 2019||QuickBooksDB29|
|QuickBooks desktop 2018||QuickBooksDB28|
Before turning it on, you need to give importance that, QuickBooks has different hosting modes to turn on
Types of Hosting in QuickBooks
1. Dedicated Hosting
- Hosting QuickBooks on a Dedicated Server allows multiple users to access the same QuickBooks company file simultaneously.
- In the dedicated host, there should be the setup of both host and server.
- In the host server, make sure that the hosting is one, the QuickBooks database server manager is installed, and no users use the QuickBooks in the host server.
- Ensure that the workstation hosting is off, and QuickBooks is installed in the workstation system.
2. Peer to Peer Hosting
- In the peer-to-peer host, make sure that the host server never turns off, QuickBooks is installed in the host server and the users also use QuickBooks in the host computer.
- In the workstation, you need to turn off the hosting and the QuickBooks should be installed.
3. Alternate Hosting
- In the alternate hosting system, QuickBooks should be installed on the host server and in the workstations.
- In this hosting system, QuickBooks can be used only on the host server by the user.
- QuickBooks does not get installed in the data server, but all the data and files of the company are stored in the data server.
What to do after fixing the QuickBooks company file?
If you have repaired the damage after figuring it out, you need to transfer the data to a removable hard drive to back up the data of the company file. You must back up your data at the end of every month. It will keep you out of trouble regarding data issues.
If the file doctor is not working:
There are several situations when you see an error on your screen stating “file doctor is not working” While using the QB file doctor tool. It happens due to the following reasons:
- At the time of the updation of the company file.
- In case you forget or are unable to restore the company files.
- If you have any damaged or corrupt files.
- If you have not installed the tool properly.
- To resolve the issues quickly, you need to restore through Quickbooks backup.
- You can also use auto data recovery to fix the issues pertaining to the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Next, you need to figure out the third-party antivirus software and the hosting mode must be turned off.
Procedure to Fix Network Issues
Run the IPConfig
- Go to the ‘Start’ button, and type ‘CMD’ in the search bar.
- Select the ‘Command Prompt’ option from the results list.
- Now a command will prompt in your screen, just enter the ‘ipconfig’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
If you don’t know, what commands are needed for which function then see the following table;
|Command Type||Function of Command|
|ipconfig||basic TCP/IP information|
|ipconfig /renew||Renew the IPv4 address for all network adapters|
|ipconfig /all||detailed TCP/IP information|
|ipconfig /release||Release the IPv4 address for all network adapters|
FAQs – QuickBooks File Doctor
Q 1. Where can one find the QuickBooks file doctor tool?
Ans. By following these steps you can access the File Doctor Tool:
- First, Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, run the Tool Hub and select the Company File Issues tab.
- After that, click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Q 2. What kind of issues can be solved with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Ans. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool helps with a number of varied Company File-related issues and network-related problems of QuickBooks Desktop.
Q 3. What are the benefits of QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks file doctor tool is capable of fixing a number of error codes in QuickBooks related to company files. The list of these error codes is QuickBooks error code series 6xxx, H series – H101, H202, and H505, etc.
Q 4. What are the steps to download and install QuickBooks File Doctor?
The following steps are for downloading and setting up the QB file doctor tool.
- Search for the Intuit Website.
- Then find QuickBooks Tool Hub to download and install the tool.
- Open the tool and hit the tab of Company File issues tab.
- Now, the Quickbooks file doctor is ready to Run, and click on it.
Q 5. What are the basic reasons for the QuickBooks Data Damage?
Ans. The following points are the common reasons for the QuickBooks data damage:
- Network Issues- A strong network is very important to run Quickbooks. In case of a weak network, you always deal with disconnecting and reconnecting network issues due to this the stream of your data keeps changing which results in a corrupted database.
- Performance bottlenecks- if you have enormous data files of Quickbooks and are working with many people through Quickbooks. Not all time Quickbooks is going to perform well with all the write and read requests to the database. This situation may damage the file at some point.
- Power interruptions- Power interruptions or Power blinks are also one of the causes that are able to corrupt the database of QuickBooks.
Q 6. What is the difference between the built-in file doctor tool and the stand-alone version?
Ans. Built-in File Doctor and Stand-alone version are the two versions of the Quickbooks File Doctor. Users mostly use a stand-alone version of The File Doctor from the server. Contrary to the stand-alone version, the built-in version of the file doctor tool came into existence with 2016 versions and later. According to the experts, a stand-alone version is preferable to the built-in version.
We have tried to cover as much information as possible about the QuickBooks Desktop file doctor tool in every aspect thoroughly. It is one of the most prominent tools to fix the errors related to the company file. the QuickBooks file doctor tool refers to a part of QuickBooks Tool Hub. It is the result of the combination of two tools one is the QuickBooks network tool and another one is the QuickBooks company file repair tool. Hopefully, with the help of this informative article you have learned how to download, install, and use the File Doctor tool.
You can get our ProAdvisor support in every case if you face any problems while following these procedures. Feel free to take our help, we are always available to assist you.