Last Updated on November 25, 2020 by Editorial Staff
Quickbooks workforce is a platform for the employee. Where an employee can access their paychecks using their own credentials. Quickbooks workforce is usually known as My paychecks. If any employee wants to see their paycheck then he has to send an invitation. After sending the invitation employee will get an email. this email has included paychecks links. The employee can click on it because it’s an access for viewing Paychecks.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
- QuickBooks Workforce Overview
- How to Invite Employees To View Paychecks in QuickBooks Workforce
- How to Accept Workflow Invitation from Employees
- How To View Paychecks
- How to Download and Print a Paycheck
- How to Turn On Notification for New Paychecks in QuickBooks
- How To View Available Time And Absents And Previous Earning
- How To Get Automatic Notification Of your Paychecks
- Some Common Questions Asked by the Users
QuickBooks Workforce Overview
Quickbooks accounting software comes in different versions and editions. Like Quickbooks online and Quickbooks desktop. Then further Quickbooks desktop has various editions like Quickbooks pro and Quickbooks premier versions. But Quickbooks online is most famous and most of the employe ask a question that how they can view their paychecks. So let us inform you, the paycheck is usually known as the workforce in Quickbooks software. Its a platform for the employee where they can see their earning. But for this, they have to send an invitation to their employer. After that, they receive an email to access their paycheck account using their own credentials. Then they can view their paychecks.
How to Invite Employees To View Paychecks in QuickBooks Workforce
Invite employees to view paychecks in QuickBooks workforce in both Intuit Online payroll, and QuickBooks online payroll.
View Paychecks in Intuit Online Payroll
In the recent time the Intuit Online payroll is using the QuickBooks workforce to view paychecks, before that, the feature of paycheck record was doing this work. Now follow the steps to invite employees to view paycheck:
- In the first step, you need to open the Intuit online payroll.
- After visiting on your Intuit Online Payroll site go for the ‘Employees’ tab, and choose the employee’s name whom you want to invite.
- Open the ‘Employees Site Access’ section, and click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Now in the ‘Online Pay Stubs Access’ window, you need to enter the employee’s email ID with QuickBooks Workforce.
- Tick mark the ‘Access their pay stubs online’ box and send the email.
- Now your employee will receive an email, through which he/she can view the paycheck.
View Paychecks in QuickBooks Online Payroll
To process this method, at first you need to make sure that, you have the full credential of admin. Because in QuickBooks Online payroll, the only admin can send invitaion to employees. And another thing, If a user of QuickBooks Online (employee) have no workforce account then, he/she can create an account for him/her through the invitaion link sent by the admin.
- Visit for the ‘Workers’ section, and choose the ‘Employees’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Add an Employee’ option.
- Click the ‘Edit’ button, if you want to edit the existing employee information.
- Now enter the QuickBooks Workforce registered email ID of the employee, whom you have selected to send invitation.
- Then, go to the ‘Invite this employee to view their paycheck and w-2s Online’ box to mark it and then done.
You can also follow the below steps to setup Intuit Viewmypaycheck, and to send invitations:
- Open your Quickbooks software and login to your account
- Then you have to go to the company menu and select my company.
- Then you will see Manage your Account button click on it to visit Quickbooks
- Provide your user id and password
- Then you will see the Employee menu dropdown, click on it, and select manage payroll cloud service.
- Click on the status change button for chang status as ON under Quickbooks workforce.
- Now you have to select an employee whom you want to send an invitation to the employee.
- Now add the email address of the new employee.
- Then you have to click on the Send invitation button.
Then your employee gets an email that you sent. They will accept workforce invitation and this link is accessible only for 30 days. If the employee doesn’t use this link within 30 days then you have to send it again.
How to Accept Workflow Invitation from Employees
There was the way that ‘How to send invitation to view paychecks?’, and this is the way to accept the workflow invitation. Perform the below procedure to do it successfully.
- Open your email, and check for the mail of Intuit service, and that will be subjected like this: Finish setting up with [business name].
- The mail may come with this format (firstname.lastname@example.org), and if you are unable to find the mail then check your spam folder.
- After getting the email, accept the invitation by clicking on the ‘Get access to paychecks’. Follow this step carefully, because this email will be valid for one time.
- Then sign in to your existing account or create an account of Intuit with your mail Id and password.
How To View Paychecks
If you want to view paycheck in Quickbooks then you have to use Quickbooks workforce. Because without sending an invitation you cant view the employee’s paycheck. So after receiving email, you have to follow the below steps to view paychecks in Quickbooks workforce.
- You have to open an email that comes from intuit and subject as finish setting up with the business name.
- Then on the get access for paychecks link to accept the invitation
- And finally set up your Intuit account.
Once you have done the following steps then your employee will now able to access the website by going to Quickbooks workforce (workforce.intuit.com).
How to Download and Print a Paycheck
Here is the procedure to download and print the paycheck from QuickBooks Workforce:
- To download or to print the paycheck from QuickBooks Workforce, at first you have to visit the link: workforce.intuit.com.
- And then go for the ‘Paychecks’ option.
- Now you can choose any one option to view, download, or to print your new and old paycheck.
- If in case, your unable to log into the site or forgot the password then click the ‘I forgot my user ID or password’ and reset your user ID or password by following the on-screen instructions.
How to Turn On Notification for New Paychecks in QuickBooks
If you want to turn on the notification for new paycheck, then ensure that you will get the every time reminder notification for new paycheck is available. Let’s proceed for the steps:
- Visit to the ‘Setting’ , and select on the ‘Email Notification’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Send me an email when new pay stubs are available’.
How To View Available Time And Absents And Previous Earning
Quickbooks workforce window tells everything about your paycheck or earnings. If you think any of the following information is incorrect then you can contact your employer. And they will edit your information from within Quickbooks workforce. So let’s see what can you get information on the workforce window.
- Year To date: you can check your year to date gross and net earnings, withholding, and deduction at glance.
- Available Time Off: You can check your holidays and sick holidays and other working hours.
- Tax Info: You can also check your personal info and tax info.
How To Get Automatic Notification Of your Paychecks
If you want to automate your paycheck notification then you have to follow the below instruction.
- First, You will need to click on the gear icon.
- Then you have to select Account settings.
- After that, you have to select sign in & security or then personal info. This will help you to change your login or add personal information.
- Then you can get automatic email reminder notification.
Some Common Questions Asked by the Users
Most of the users, those who already know about the QuickBooks Workforce, have some common queries or have any doubts in their mind. Here in this section, we have provided some of the answers to the common question which is asked by the QuickBooks users. have a look, you may get any idea, or may clear any doubt through this section.
Query 1: What to do, when a user already sent an invite to his or her employee, but the employee is not able to find it?
Solution: You can check it, through 3 simple procedure, and these are;
- Open the employee mail ID, and check the spam or junk files.
- Ensure the email address is correct. But remember that, if you are a QuickBooks Online user, and your employees have access then, ensure that, your employees use a different mail ID for the Workforce account, which he/she is used to sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Otherwise, resend the invitation again
Query 2: Can a employee use the QuickBooks Workforce, after the cancellation of Payroll Service?
Solution: Well, your answer is yes. A employee can use the QuickBooks Workforce for 12 months after the cancellation of payroll service. After 12 months an employee will not be able to use the Workforce account. So it is your responsibility to aware them to print their documents for their own records. But it is only applicable for the QuickBooks Online Payroll user not for the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll user. The QuickBooks Desktop Payroll user will loss their access immediately after the cancel of payroll service.
Query 3: If a user switched from one payroll service to another, can a employee see his pay stubs in QuickBooks Workforce?
Solution: Yes the employees can see their pay stub in QuickBooks Workforce in the original payroll service till you do not cancel the payroll service. In the new account, they will not be able to see their pay stubs. You need to invite your employees for the new account, or for the new service.
For QuickBooks Online payroll users, the users can see their pay stubs after the cancellation of payroll service.
For QuickBooks Desktop payroll users, the users can’t see their pay stubs after the cancellation of payroll service in Workforce.
Query 4: The employees are not able to see their W-2 form in QuickBooks Workforce!
Solution: It’s totally depend on your payroll service, generally, at the date of January 1, W-2S are not available immediately in QuickBooks. And at the date of January 15 the W-2 s form available automatically in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Online Payroll: If the ‘Allow employees to import W-2 data into TurboTax’ is disabled, then your employees will not be able to see the W-2 S in the workforce. To enable it, follow the procedure;
- Go to the ‘Setting’ tab, and select the ‘payroll Settings’ option.
- After that, in the titled section, go to the ‘Shared Data’, and click on the ‘edit’ option.
- Now check the box to enable it, ‘Allow employees to import W-2 data into TurboTax’.
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: You have to upload the W-2S forms at the time to submit them. Check the ‘Provide employees with secure …..TurboTax’ to submit the W-2S.
So this was the blog regarding ‘QuickBooks Workforce’. We tried our best to put all the information in it, hope you like it. At last, we just want to say you that, still if in case, you have any doubts regarding this article or need help to perform any step then, you can get our ProAdvisor support to clear your doubts instantly through our experienced experts.