- November 12, 2019
- Posted by: Luna
- Category: Quickbooks
When we are talking about Quickbooks error 6000 82 first question is that why and how this error code occurs. It occurs when we are, trying to access the company file in another computer or PC in the sharing or multi-user environments. Due to this error, you may face a sudden software crash or not responding troubles when.
While using your QB software or opening or accessing company file you may also get pop-up of this error code, that can restrict, that can restrict you from accessing our important data and file.
Major causes of QuickBooks error 600082
Generally, there are many more reasons for this error occurring in the system which we will explain below.
- QuickBooks company files are Damaged or corrupted
- QuickBooks company file wasn’t found on another computer in the network
- Due to damaged data source name
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of QuickBooks software.
All these possible errors can restrict you from accessing your company file or generate Quickbooks error code 6000 82.
Solutions for QuickBooks error 6000 82
You can try all these 4 methods or solutions to fix 6000 82 Quickbooks error code.
- To Clean the blank spaces after the company name and before the company file extension.
- Where the QuickBooks software application has been installed, Turn off hosting in all those systems.
- For multiple user access, stop hosting local and remote file modes
- Use the Quick Fix My Program
Notes:- Before following any solution to fix this QuickBooks error 6000 82, First of all, you just need to use the updated QuickBooks version. Its for you to fix this QuickBooks company file and network issues with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor before performing any of the following solution’s steps.
SOLUTION 1: To Clean The Blank Spaces After The Company Name And Before The Company File Extension
- First of all, you just need to Log out of QuickBooks Desktop software application on all systems where QuickBooks is open.
- After that go to the QuickBooks company file and open it.
- After that, Go to the QuickBooks company file and Right-click on it, then select the Rename option.
- After that choose the name of the company file and enter it, And check that there is no space in it, then remove any spaces between the file extension and the company name.
- After that, you can try to open the QuickBooks company file and create it.
If you still face this QuickBooks error code 6000 82 then you just need to follow the solution 2 to fix this QB error.
SOLUTION 2: Turn Off Hosting In All Systems Where QuickBooks Is Installed
For a single user:
- Select the file, then click on the utility option,
- After that click on the Stop Hosting Multiple User.
- After that, When Stop hosting a multi-user access message appears on the screen of your system, then click on the Yes button.
- After that again When the “Company file must be closed” message appears on the screen of your system, then click on the Yes button.
For multiple users:
- On each client computer that appears the error:
- After that Go to the No Company Open Window, then choose the File, then click on the Utilities option.
- After that, Check whether the host multi-user access menu option is visible. When you look at the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access menu option so, it means that it is hosting with multiple users.
- Then Press the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option on all client systems where showing the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, after that follow the steps to stop or turn off the hosting.
If you still face this QuickBooks error code 6000 82 then you just need to go to solution 3 and follow it.
SOLUTION 3: For Multiple User Access, Stop Or Switch Hosting Local And Remote File Modes
- First of all open the QuickBooks software application, Then Click the F2 key, after clicking open the Product Information window.
- Then Only set up the hosting to the local files, this setup will available at the bottom of the Local Server Information window.
- Then open the File menu and choose from those given options Switch to Multi-user Mode from those given options.
- After that Open the QuickBooks company files on a network system.
- After that open the product information window for this you need to press the F2 key.
- Then again set the hosting to the local files only, this setup will available at the bottom of the Local Server Information window.
If you still face this QuickBooks error 6000 82 then you just need to follow the next solution’s steps.
SOLUTION 4: Use The Quick Fix My Program
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks Tools hubs on your system to use the Quick Fix My Program ( QuickFix my program is mainly used to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool).
- After that Open this QuickBooks Tools hub, then select the Program issues
- Then choose the “Quick Fix my Program”
- After that Start your QuickBooks Desktop software application, then the data file
I hope after reading this post you will understand How to fix Quickbooks error 6000 82, bu due to any reason if you are unable to fix Quickbooks error 6000 82 and need help then you can contact Quickbooks ProAdvisor they will help you in resolving error code 6000 82.