While working with QuickBooks Desktop you will get Quickbooks error 6189 or get an error message “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)” then don’t worry the problem is with multi muser network not with your accounting data. If you want to know how to fix this QuickBooks Desktop multi-user network problem or issues. Then read this post below we discussed all possible causes and methods of solution.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
- Problem with your multi-user network
- QuickBooks isn’t updated
Other Recommended Articles:A Way to fix Printing Problem in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Restore Failed Error (How to Fix It)
The way to Fix QuickBooks Balance Sheet Out Of balance In Accrual Basis
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Step 1: Download and Install QB Refresher Tool
QBrefresher tool may help you to close the backend process that may cause this issue to you.
- Download QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Now go to your Downloads Ctrl+J and click on qbrefresherv1.exe
- Click on Yes to the user account permission
- Click Yes to accepting terms
- Now click on Resolve my QuickBooks
- Then click OK
- Reopen your QuickBooks Desktop
Step 2: Restart your Server where the file is located
Sometimes, you need to reboot your workstation or server in order to remove this error code from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Start key
- Select the power key icon and select Restart
- Now restart your QuickBooks Desktop
After following the above two steps you’ll be good to go with your QuickBooks Desktop but in case if the same problem exists, please proceed further with the below steps.
Step 3: Download and Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your Desktop
- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your system
- Click on search to the bottom left and type QuickBooks Server Manager and open QuickBooks Server Manager see an image below
- Update QuickBooks Server Manager to the latest release
- Then restart your server and workstations
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop
Step 4: Move your Company files into a local disk
Make sure your QuickBooks company file is not stored on online platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox or One Drive, etc. Your company file should be stored on your Server hard drive.
If your company file is located on an external drive USB Drive or network. Move it to the system local drive too.
- Open the File Explorer Windows key +R and go to Local Disk C:
- Make a right-click on a blank space and select New > Folder
- Now navigate to your company file location Google Drive or USB Drive
- Press and hold Ctrl key from the keyboard and select your company file.QBW
- Now make a right-click, select Copy and release the Ctrl key
- Now go back to your new folder and make a right-click and select Paste
With the help of the above-mentioned points, you will easily get a solution to Quickbooks error 6189 or fix Quickbooks Quickbooks desktop multi-user network issues then you can find a Quickbooks Proadvisor, they will fix that kind of network issues with your Quickbooks Desktop.