Imagine, if any day you need to know some idea related to the QuickBooks by searching it on the QuickBooks search bar, and the QuickBooks search not working then what will you do? Relax it is just a situation, further if in case, you face this problem in the future, then there is nothing to worry about. Because here we have the solution where you can easily fix the problem ‘QuickBooks search not working.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Signs, Reasons & Solutions to Fix ‘QuickBooks Search Not Working’:
Here you can know easily that, why this error occurs and how to fix the problem in a few steps:
When the Problem Occur, & How to Identify It
From the below point, you can know when the problem occurs:
- When you trying to index
- During the checking of Firewall settings
- After restarting of QuickBooks
- During the time of QuickBooks reinstallation
Why QuickBooks search not working
This problem comes when the QuickBooks Desktop is updating your system. Moreover, when the updating process is not properly done. Sometimes these problems come due to many other reasons.
Some other reasons are given below:-
- Due to the problem in your system registry file.
- QuickBooks search box is corrupted
- The old version of QuickBooks Installed
- Corruption of indexed file of QuickBooks
- Your system firewall and antivirus toll interrupt your QuickBooks file.
Remember: Before going to fix the problem you need to update your QuickBooks Desktops to the newer release version of the QuickBooks. Also, check the date and times of your system that are correct in your system.
Other Recommended Articles:QuickBooks Online Banking Error 324,102,105,185,106: Causes & Solutions
QuickBooks Error 15243
Quickbooks Error 30159 : Causes and Procedures to Solve it
How to Fix ‘QuickBooks Search Not Working’
All QuickBooks users do not face search, not working problems, only a few people are facing this problem. After getting this error user search can fix it on its own with the help of the web but some people are looking to an expert to fix the problem. We are explaining all the ways to fix QuickBooks search not working very easily and effectively.
Solution 1: Change the Name of QuickBooks Search Index File
If the Search box is not working it may be a problem with the QuickBooks search index file. To get rid of the search error rename the name of the QuickBooks File.
- First, you need to open Quickbooks and Quit from the company file.
- Now open the start menu and search the file .searchindex in the folder program and Files. (It will search the file in your system’s all folder and drives).
- You can also go to the (C:\ Users\ UserName\Public \Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\Company File) in this location you will find the file named with Companyfilename.QBW (at the place of Company Filename your company file name shows.)
- Now find the (qbw.SearchIndex) file in the folder and rename it with (.OLD) at the end of the file name. Example:- (qbw.SearchIndex) to (qbw.SearchIndex.OLD).
- Now open QuickBooks and open your company file.
- Now see the left side corner and update the search information by clicking on that option.
- Until the information is updated wait and if the notification comes then click on OK.
- When the update is completed try to search any file in QuickBooks.
We hope your problem is fixed if not then follow the next solution:-
Solution 2: Temporary Disable Your windows Firewall
- To Disable or off your firewall go to the window control panel and select a firewall setting and turn off it temporarily and try QuickBooks search is work or not.
- If you and external firewall are installed then to disable this you need to visit their site to get the disabling steps of it.
Solution 3: Fix the Window Damaged Registry Files
To fix the damaged window registry file you need to know deep knowledge about the window operating system and windows registry file system working. If you don’t have much understanding about the registry file then you need an expert to fix the problem.
Solution 4: Try Reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop
- First, you need to uninstall the QuickBooks
- Go to the windows control panel
- Click on program and features
- Choose the QuickBooks to form the list
- Now click on uninstall
- Download the clean copy of the QuickBooks package forms their official site.
- Install it by double-clicking on the QuickBooks installation package.
You can also use the QuickBooks clean install tool for installing a clean version of QuickBooks in your system.
Solution 5: Use Incognito Window
If you are not able to search in QuickBooks then, use the incognito window. No matter which browser you use. Here in the below table we have mentioned some short cuts of keyboard for different browsers, have a look:
|Browser Name||Keyboard Shortcuts|
Solution 6: Clear the Browser Cache
If, still the problem ‘QuickBooks search not working’ appearing then, apply this method to clear the browser cache. Here we have given the procedure to clear browser cache from chrome, if you are a chrome user then, follow the below steps:
- Launch your Chrome browser, and then go to the top-right corner of the chrome page, and click on the three-dot icon.
- After that, select the ‘More Tools’ option from the list.
- Now you can see the option of the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option, under the ‘More Tools’ option.
- You can adjust the time range if you need it.
- You can clear your basic cache, and the advanced cache and history.
- If you need to clear the basic cache then, mark all the box, and click on the ‘Clear Data’ option.
- And if you want to clear your all cache, and unnecessary history then, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab, and mark on the boxes.
- After that click on the ‘Clear Data’ option, it will take some time to finish.
- Finally, your all cache cleared.
So this was the blog, hope you like it. And if in case you face this problem ‘QuickBooks search not working’ then, you can fix it easily own self. You can also get our ProAdvisor Support, if you need any kind of help to perform these process, and also can clear your all doubts regarding this blog through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.