Do you want to take the accounting knowledge as a student in QuickBooks? And do you know, Intuit has a program, called QuickBooks student discount? Well, exactly Intuit does not provide any discounts for students. But yes, it has a specific plan for students in QuickBooks, which is totally free (trial version). Let us read the article, here will know, what exactly the plan includes, and how to get it.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-855-422-5334.
What is QuickBooks Student Discount
QuickBooks student discount is an Intuit educational program offered by Intuit to empower students and educators. It provides a free trial version to use the QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop to gain more knowledge about this software.
There are many other third-party sites, who are providing the QuickBooks Desktop, and Online version specially for students with some discounts, and coupon codes. But it is always recommended to choose Intuit all the time.
Platforms to Get QuickBooks Student Discounts
There are several platforms, through which you can get the discount, or the trial version easily. Here are some of them;
- Intuit Official portal of QuickBooks: This is the best place to get the QuickBooks trial version in free. Visit the Official Site, and choose your version, and enjoy the trial version.
- Microsoft official portal: Microsft provides the certified QuickBooks accounting software at a good price. So you can easily afford the QuickBooks versions at the best discount.
- Apple portal: Apple also provides QuickBooks student versions at a good discount. You can easily get the product through the Apple product.
Note: Always aware of the third party’s product and software. Because they can provide copy pirated versions of the QuickBooks product, instead of the original version.
Eligibility for Free QuickBooks Student Trial
To get the free trial version, you need to complete the eligibility criteria. Here we have listed all of the eligibility requirements below. Have a look;
- The student should be from a recognized primary, secondary, or from University.
- The school or the institution should be conducted by a board of education.
- And the institution must be providing full-time instructions for the students.
Is Free QuickBooks Student Trial Available in QuickBooks
Yes, QuickBooks free student trial is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. These trial versions are valid for 5 months. The QuickBooks Desktop trial version is available only for Windows users. So if you are a Mac user, you can’t get the facility of the free trial version.
Other Recommended Articles:QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus 2022: To Handle Clients
How to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Online
How to Delete an Account From Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Online
How to Get QuickBooks Desktop Student Trial
Intuit provides free QuickBooks Desktop accounting software for eligible students and educators. To avail, this discount educators and student needs to be registered with the Intuit Education program. After registration, they will get 5 mounts free trial of QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks also provides a non-licensed version of the QuickBooks Desktop for students and educators. But this non-licensed version of QuickBook can install only for Lab and computer classes. You can’t install this version on your personal computers or laptops.
If you want to use the QuickBooks Desktop trial as a student, then follow the below procedure to get the version;
Step 1: Register the Trial Version
- Firstly you need to visit the official site of the Intuit Education Program.
- Then click on the ‘Register‘ option.
- Select the ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘, and then the ‘For Student‘ option from the ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘ tab.
- Now you can see the registration form of QuickBooks Desktop Student Registration.
- After that, fill out all the required fields like, First name, last name, age, email address, confirm email address, phone, city, province, school information ( school name, school type, course name, student type, expected graduation/completion date, desktop version, and future plans).
- At last click on the ‘Verify and continue‘ option.
- Afterward, go inside the section of “Register“.
- In the end, you will get the Welcome page on your monitor if you don’t get to see this page then you need to register yourself again.
Verify yourself you are a student
Here you need to show you any proof you are a student you need to use any document which clearly mentioned your name and specific affiliation.
- You need to verify your full name is matching with the affiliation document with no spelling mistakes, maiden name, spaces, etc.
- Download and scan the required form into your computer system.
- Tap on the “Choose File” and then select the document.
- And then click on the “Submit” option for the review.
- When you successfully upload your document, you will receive a mail that contains the link to QuickBooks Desktop student trial software with their license key and product number.
Step 2: Install the Downloaded Product
After the complete download process of the desktop trial version (for students), follow the procedure to install it;
- Check your mail, you will receive a mail from Intuit.
- Open it, and select ‘Please click here to download a .exe file‘.
- Click on the Download button.
- Select the ‘Set-QuickBooks…exe‘ option, after closing any open programs you have.
- Allow the QuickBooks to make changes to your computer, by clicking the ‘Yes‘ option.
- After the complete download, in the Install Shield Wizard window, select ‘Next‘.
- Click ‘Next‘, and review the license agreement.
- Mark the checkbox ‘I accept the terms of the license agreement‘, and then click ‘Next‘.
- Now from the email, collect the license and product numbers, and enter it in the ‘License and product number‘ field.
- After that, click on the ‘Next‘ option.
- Now choose the ‘Express‘ (recommended) option and then click on the ‘Next‘ option.
- Click ‘Install‘ and select the ‘Open QuickBooks‘ option after the complete installation.
- At last, click the ‘Ok‘ option.
Step 3: Activate the Installed Version
Now, at the last, activate the installed QuickBooks student trial to enjoy the free version. Follow the below steps to activate the free trial;
- After installation, you will get the option of “Open QuickBooks‘ click on it.
- Here, click on the “Activate” button.
- If you have an existing intuit account then click on the “Login” button. Otherwise, choose the “Create Account” and then login.
- Enter all the necessary information and select the “Next” option.
- Save the confirmation window in pdf format for further records.
How to Get QuickBooks Online Student Trial
QuickBooks Online can be also used by students and educators for free. For doing that you just register with your new account on Intuit and your 1-year free trial will start.
You can download it for both students and educators. This is available on a non-expire version also for education purposes or colleges & universities.
If you want to take a trial in QuickBooks Online as a student then follow the procedure;
- Visit the official site of Intuit Education Program.
- In the initial stage, you can find two options to choose; For Educator, and For Students.
- Click on the ‘For Student’ option.
- After that, you will be scrolled to the ‘Free QuickBooks Online License’ section.
- Click on the ‘Sign Up for Free’ option.
- A ‘Student Registration’ form will appear on your screen with some blank fields.
- Fill out the fields; First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Confirm Email Address, Birth Date, School Name, and Major/Concentration (Accounting, Bookkeeping, business, entrepreneurship, finance, other).
- After that, click on the ‘Verify and Continue’ option.
- Now QuickBooks will guide you to use the free student trial of QuickBooks Online.
- Follow the instructions, and enjoy the free version.
It was the complete article about the QuickBooks student discount. We have tried our best to discuss all useful terms of the QuickBooks student discount. Hopefully, you find it informative. You can talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvsiors through the toll-free number +1-855-422-5334 for further queries.