Last Updated on December 4, 2020 by Editorial Staff
Today, Accountwizy with a new article regarding ‘QuickBooks automated password reset tool’. Some of the users are may already know about this, and some of the users may not have any idea regarding this topic. But don’t worry, here we have all the solutions, we will give you the recently updated information regarding this particular topic from Intuit, which will be helpful for the beginners, and also for the old users. Let’s begin the blog:
Sometimes due to, security reasons, we change the QuickBooks Password, and lost the QuickBooks Desktop password. At that time, we need to recover some passwords in QuickBooks or need help to change passwords. Here the one and the only solution that will be work for you is QuickBooks automated password reset tool. At meanwhile, you can consult with our Accountwizy ProAdvisor for instant troubleshooting solutions.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Now the question is that, ‘How the tool will help us to recover the password of QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Point of Sale?’. Don’t worry here is the complete solution download, install and use the automated password reset tool to secure your QuickBooks company file or any other essential data.
How to Use QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
Here is the procedure to use the automated password reset tool of QuickBooks. Don’t be panic you can use the tool very easily, you just have to follow the points properly. Now we will go for the steps to use the tool, but before that, we have to determine the version of QuickBooks to get the product information.
Remember: If your QuickBook product version is 2020 or higher than you can reset your password within the product.
To Determine Which Version of QuickBooks is Being Used
Search for the product version & launch numbers, after that select the product from the list and check the model & release facts.
|QuickBooks Products||Procedure to Choose the Version in QuickBooks Product|
|QuickBooks Statement Writer||Open QuickBooks> Select the ‘Reports’> QuickBooks Report Writer> Help> About QuickBooks Report Writer> Search for the version in the About windows|
|Point of Sale||Help> Product Information> Get the Quickbooks version and release|
|QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced Payroll||Employees> Payroll Centers> Payroll Tab|
|QuickBooks for Mac||Click ‘Help’> Product Information > Get the product information|
|QuickBooks Desktop||Press F2 from your keyboard> Now collect the product information|
It is crucial for you to have net Framework 4.5 installed to get the Password Reset device. Choose the QuickBooks desktop version you last up to date to open your QuickBooks organization file.
- From the QuickBooks version, choose your version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Fill in the QuickBooks license number & business data used when registering QuickBooks, then click Submit.
- After that accept the license agreement & click the download button.
- On the next screen, click the Download Now link.
Make sure that after it asks you to access or save, save it on your desktop.
- Enter the token number you got through email within the Token number field.
- Then choose your QuickBooks model on the QuickBooks products drop-down menu.
- Click on Browse for company document & choose the company file which you need to reset the password.
- Then click Reset Password.
Procedure to Reset Admin Password in Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the procedure to, reset admin password in automated password reset tool:
- First, you need to open this like https://passwordreset.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/passwordreset in your browser.
- Select your product and version that you want to reset the admin password.
- After that fill in the details that it required like your product version, license number, first name, last name, Email, Business phone number, and zip code.
- Accept the License agreements.
- Now click on next.
- If your entered details are not matched then first confirm your login details by Log on to this link https://camps.intuit.com with your Intuit account.
- If you are using the camps intuit site for the intuit account then, enter your email ID or user ID in the blank field, and click on the ‘Continue’ option, as shown in the below image.
- Here check your details like user name, E-mail address your Licence number, and phone number.
- These all information is the same as you provide in your systems QuickBooks Desktop software’s account
- Enter the correct information and click on next again.
- The tool is downloading starts automatically if it does not start downloading then click on Download Now button.
- It asks for Save the file or Runs, you can choose any of one but we recommended to select save the file.
- Now save the file on the desktop and run it.
- Now check your registered Email, a password reset token will be sent on your mail ID. that token is required to reset your password.
- Select your QuickBooks product on the tool with the help fo the Drop-Down menu.
- Choose the same product that one you were installed in your system.
- Now choose the company file that you want to reset the password.
- Keep in mind you need to select the correct company file and the correct Admin user name that you want the reset password.
- Now enter your new password and confirm Password.
- Click on the reset button to completely reset your password.
Some important points to noted down:
- Whenever you fill out all the details of your business in this procedure then, the phone number must be 10 digits without any extension.
- For the citizen of United States, the +1 extension will automatically added in front of the number, you need not enter it manually.
- If in case, you are not the user of United States then, you can change the extension by selecting your Country name in the ‘Select Country’ section.
- Edit the phone number manually, and save it.
- After doing all these things you can proceed again for the CAMPs Intuit site, if the entered information are not matching, and can continue the same steps given in the above.
Now you can easily access your company file with the help of a newly generated password. The token you will receive on your email that uses only one time. If you want to reset your password again then again generate a token by providing the details on the website
So this was the blog about the QuickBooks password reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop, we hope, you like it, and can get a lot of benefits from the blog. If in case, you are facing any kind of issues to follow the steps or any doubts regarding this topic, then you can immediately connect with us through our toll-free number to get ProAdvisor Support at any time and anywhere.