Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by Editorial Staff
If you are a beginner to use the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, and don’t know ‘How to download and install QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale?’ then, this is the right platform to get your solution to your query.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Before starting, it will be good to know something about the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale like an overview, features, and requirements that need to download and install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale was developed by Intuit in order to cater to easy management of sale orders, sales of products, and tracking of inventory left with the business, and that subsequently needs to be reordered. The company offers an upgrade to a new version of the software since the inception of the QuickBooks Point of Sale software. Each new version is developed by resolving bugs faced with previous versions along with the incorporation of new and powerful tools and features.
Features Of QuickBooks Point of Sale:
QuickBooks Point of Sale offers a high number of benefits and advantages through its powerful set of features and tools. Some of this feature and benefits are listed below:
- Inventory items can be listed and displayed with product images.
- Price Manager Tool accords users with easy editing of product prices.
- The Proper description of the item can be provided irrespective of its length.
- Smooth migration of vendor catalog is possible.
- Timely suggestion on reordering of stock with limited pieces available.
- Authentic and accurate statistics for left stock products are available.
- The advantage of a tool called Reorder Points for stores.
- Purchase order number feature accords smooth tracking of products sold.
Requirements Needed for the QuickBooks Point of Sale System
- Operating System Compatibility:- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed, Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2
- OS Compatible Family:- Microsoft Windows
- Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- System Requirements:-
- At least 4GB of RAM (6-8 GB recommended) for a single workstation installation.
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files).
- Single user:- 2.0 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended).
- Multiple users:- 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended).
- Display:- Optimized for 1280×768 screen resolution or higher.
- Additional Requirements
- Display Resolution:- 1280 x 768
- 4X DVD ROM
Procedure to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale
Here are the methods to download and install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, just follow the steps:
How to Download Quickbooks Point of Sale
- First, download the version of the point of sale that you have purchased by clicking on this texted link ‘Downloads‘.
- After clicking on it, you will be taken to a page, there choose the country ‘United States (US)’ from the Select Country section.
- From the product and version section, select your product ‘QuickBooks point of sale’, and the version.
- And click on the ‘Search’ option.
- After that confirm your edition and version of the product before the download of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Download’ option to download the product.
How to Install Quickbooks Desktop Point of Sale
Once the complete download of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, launch the QuickBooks installation file on your system and proceed for the next step.
- If in case, you receive any prompt to overwrite the existing extracted file, then click on the ‘Yes to All’ option.
- And if you want to change the installation type from server to workstation then, you have to uninstall the program.
Let’s come to the point and start the installation method:
- At first, to start the installation, click on the ‘Next’ option on the Wizard.
- Then read the license agreement carefully, and agree with it by mark on the ‘ I accept the terms in the license agreement’ box.
- And then click on the ‘next’ option.
- Now choose the installation type, and click on the ‘Next’ option.
This installation process of QuickBooks POS will be different or unique from other QuickBooks products. Want to know how?
As we know QuickBooks desktop allows the users to use the multi-user mode for multi-purpose, and Point of sale (POS) is the part of QuickBooks Desktop. That’s why we need to select the appropriate option for each and every server, and workstation.
- In the next step, You have to choose any one option ‘Only this computer’ or the ‘Two or More Computers’.
- ‘Only this Computer’ option will be applicable for single-user.
- ‘Two or More Computers’ option will be applicable for multi-users.
- After that, choose the workstation type ‘Server workstation’, or ‘Client Workstation’.
- Server Workstation: The server workstation creates and holds the company file.
- Client Workstation: The client workstation registers the cash which is used to assist customers in their daily sales.
- And click on the ‘Next’ option.
- After that, click the ‘Install’ option to start the installation process. (Remember that the Quickbooks POS can only install in the file path C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale (version).
Obviously the installation process is done but it is not completed yet, you need to activate QuickBooks point of sale to start work in it. Go for the next step to activate it:
Activate QuickBooks Point of Sale
To activate QuickBooks POS, you need to register the QuickBooks Desktop point of sale to open company files or to create them.
- It is mandatory to register every time you install QuickBooks POS in any system.
- And if you have multiple copies of point of sales, then you have to register for each copy.
- If in case you are installing the QuickBooks desktop point of sale in a new computer then, here you also need register to activate it.
Online Registration of QuickBooks Point Of Sale
If you have internet access on your computer then, you can register online.
- Go for registration, and you can see an online registration form.
- There you will be asked for the last 4 digits of your business phone number, and the zip code.
- Put them in the required field, and continue.
Offline Registration of QuickBooks Point Of Sale
If you have no internet access on your computer then, you can complete it through the Phone registration window.
- Go for registration.
- Then follow the instruction for registration on the register dialogue box.
Now ready to start work with QuickBooks desktop Point of Sale.
We hope you like this blog, and have successfully downloaded and installed the Quickbooks Desktop Point Of Sale, but further, if you are facing any kind of hassles related to this topic, then you can get help from our Accountwizy platform through the toll-free number +1-877-378-2180.