Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Editor Team
Today, here we are with a new blog to delete data and starting over in QuickBooks Online. Here you can get the detail to delete online data and to start over in QuickBooks Online, if you are also want to use this process, and want the proper guidance to do this then, stay with us, and read the blog carefully.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
- Procedure to Delete Data and Starting Over in QuickBooks Online
- Wrapping Up
Procedure to Delete Data and Starting Over in QuickBooks Online
We have given the procedure for deleting online data and starting over in QuickBooks Online for 4 different scenarios. Choose one of the situations, and go for the right procedure to starting over with QuickBooks Online.
Scenario 1: If the Account is Active for More than 60 Days and Need to Start Over
First, you must cancel your account if your QuickBooks account has been active for more than 60 days, and start a new subscription because you can no longer remove your company data. If you can apply these condition then with the care you can follow these given steps below:-
Step 1:- Cancel Your Account
Follow these given simple steps to cancel your QuickBooks Account:-
- Firstly sign into QuickBooks Online or visit for this link (https://qbo.intuit.com).
- Then, click on the Gear icon.
- After that, go to your account and then click on the option of an updated credit card.
- In the Subscription column, select and click on the cancel subscription link.
- Then follow the option that is shown on the screen.
- And at the last, it would pass through the rest of the process.
Step 2:- Start a New Account
Here we will provide some simple steps to start over a new account, you can just follow these steps carefully:-
- First, you need for the QuickBooks Signup.
- Then, fill in your QuickBooks details like User ID and password.
- This is the best option for you if earlier you have activated payroll service then you can use the same user Id and password you had previously.
Scenario 2: If the Account has been Active for Less than 60 Days and Need to Start Over
This method works only on QuickBooks Online. If you have a QuickBooks Online Plus or Essentials version then you can use the given steps which we will provide below, and if you are using QuickBooks Online version then you can Simple Start and want to start, that you will need to cancel your account and start a new account in this software.
Important Things you Must Need to Know
Before performing this method, you need to keep some information in your mind that this process will delete all the data recorded in the company. And remember that once the data is deleted, it cannot be restored.
If you are a QuickBooks Online or full-service payroll user, then you can follow the steps to cancel and start a new account, and these steps are only for payroll users. After doing this your payroll data will not be affected and the payroll system does not work while cleaning the data in QuickBooks Online, so it is useful for the payroll user.
For users of QuickBooks online accountant firms, if you are a QuickBooks Online accountant firm user, then remember on a thing that you do not attempt this procedure for your firm’s books. This can cause permanent damage. Rather, you can import an empty QuickBooks desktop file.
To Remove the Data from your QuickBooks Online account
- The user of QuickBooks has to Log in to your Quickbooks online company.
- Need to change the location of the company. Example address shows below:- https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/homepage – amendment to https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/purgecompany
- Now, the next screen will give you details of the items to be deleted. Click on the yes option if you want to delete the data.
- Click on the OK option.
- Select the option of clear the Data, and when you have made your selections.
Now you will be redirected to your homepage once the deletion is done.
Scenario 3: If Your Company File is Older than 30 Days
If your account is under 30 days, then you can purge your data from QuickBooks and delete the data of the company file. Please keep in mind that this process only works for QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials version. The system deletes all the data entered into the company, and you are unable to restore or reverse them.
Once you can enable the purge option, then you will able to remove all data of your company file. Approximately, this process takes 1-2 working days for the intuit official to enable the features of purge in the QuickBooks software.
Scenario 4: If Your Company File is Less than 30 Days Old
Make sure that if your company data file is 30 days old and if the system deletes all the data entered into the company, and you are unable to restore or reverse them.
Follow these given below steps and erase the data of the company file:-
- First, you need to Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Change the URL to include /purgecompany.
- When you made changes in URL then it will show like https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/homepage, amendment t https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/purgecompany.
- The next screen will provide a summary of the items to be deleted.
- Type the word “YES” once the data gets deleted, then click on the OK option.
- Click Wipe Data once your selections are complete.
We hope that the article will fulfill all your doubts to delete data and starting over in QuickBooks Online and hopefully the information works for you as well. After all this assistance, if you are still not able to perform this activity or need any help to do this activity, in a smooth process, then don’t hesitate to get our QuickBooks ProAdvisor support, because our Accountwizy experts are always ready to fix your problem.