Nowadays, for anyone who is using QuickBooks in their business, it is very important to export reports and custom data to excel from QuickBooks Online. So, today here we have the topic that, ‘How to export reports and customer data to excel from QuickBooks Online?’ If you excited to know the solution to this query, then stay with us.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
This is a very easy and good way by which you can export any file and custom data out of your company. So let’s begin the blog without wasting any time:
Export Reports From QuickBooks Online to Excel
QuickBooks allows you to get information about your company and create reports to keep it running that helps you. And if you want to export that report outside of QuickBooks, then you can export it in an Excel file. In addition, you can also export transactions of all your QuickBooks.
And here you will know the procedure to export your reports to Microsoft Excel from QuickBooks Online.
Steps to Export Reports to Excel from QuickBooks Online
Let’s see the step of exporting company reports to Excel from QuickBooks Online, and you can export easily by following the steps given below:-
- First, you need to sign in to QuickBooks Online from your computer, and then you need to launch it to start Quickbooks export to Excel.
- Click on the reports option at the top of the window, and then go to options provided the click on the report center to open the window of the report center.
- After that select the specific report that you want to export and then click on the display report provided to view it.
- Then click on Excel to open the Excel Report window, which will be available on the drop-down menu.
- After that, you will have to create a “new Excel workbook” which you will need to click the radio button next to the new Excel workbooks or to update an old workbook, click on the “Existing Excel workbook” and update the old one.
- If you are already working on an existing workbook, then you click on the given option browse and then select the desired workbook.
- Then, finally, proceed to choose the “Export” option to export from QuickBooks to Excel.
When you lose the data of the Excel file while opening the QuickBooks the files in protected view. Then, you will need to click on the option to Enable Editing to view the full report in Excel.
Export Customer Data to Excel from QuickBooks Online
Let us tell you, there are two ways to export customer data to Excel.
(i) Customer Page
(ii) Report Page
The process of these two will be different and the result will also be different and while doing both of them, it will also affect your export information.
Steps to Export Customer Data to Excel From QuickBooks Online
Here below we are giving you both process step by step guide. Follow these steps carefully, and do if you want to.
Process 1:- Export Customer Data from the Customers Page
If you export through the customer page you will be able to export information such as Name, Company, Address, Phone number, Email Address, Customer type, Attachment, Currency, Balance, and Notes.
- Go to the left menu option, then click on the option of Sales, and then select the Customers option.
- Then, click on the Export icon option, and then next to the Print icon.
- Finally, the export option display on the system, then you need to select the Export to Excel.
Process 2:- Export Customer Data from the Reports Page
Here we are telling you to export from the report page if you are exporting from the report page. So you can customize the customer information you want to export to Excel. And if you are looking for a piece of better information than this or you want information with a reliable concern, then tell me it will be very beneficial for you.
- Go to the left menu option, then click on the option of Sales, and then select the Reports option.
- Then, go to the option of the Sales and Customers section.
- Then, click on the option of the Customer Contact List.
- Now select the ‘Change Columns’ option from the ‘Rows/Columns’ drop-down.
- Then add a column that you need, and click on the ‘Run Report’ option.
- At last, click on the ‘Export’ icon, then the print icon.
- And click the ‘Export to Excel’ option.
Note:- In this, you can modify this report by clicking on three vertical dots (⋮) icon, then customize it.
At the end of the article we hope, now you are able to export reports to excel from QuickBooks Online and customer data to excel. Still, if there is any problem to follow the instructions or the steps then you can drop a call through +1-877-715-0222 for ProAdvisor support.