‘How to delete a deposit in QuickBooks?’- Today in this blog, you are going to collect some knowledge regarding the above-mentioned topic. So without wasting any time connect with us and know how to do it.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Delete deposit in QuickBooks
Sometimes due to our own mistake, we deposit some wrong records or duplicate records in the QuickBooks deposited fund, which makes us trouble to know the real information of the company transactions, balance sheet amount, and also wrong income statement. And it is necessary to delete the deposit in QuickBooks. To troubleshoot this problem of QuickBooks users here we have provided some methods below which are also applicable in different situations. Let’s begin….
How to delete a deposit in QuickBooks
To delete a deposit in QuickBooks you have to follow the below steps correctly:
- First of all, you have to get into the QuickBooks software and have to choose the ‘Record’ icon.
- Now open the ‘Make Deposit’ window from the ‘Record’ section.
- If the payment to deposit screen appears on your screen, choose the ‘Cancel’ option to close the screen and to proceed.
- After that click on the icon of ‘Previous’, then scroll down your mouse to select the deposit that you want to delete from the payment form.
- After selecting the deposit click on the ‘Edit’ option from the options list.
- Now go to the ‘Edit’ menu and click on the ‘Delete line’ option to delete that payment in QuickBooks.
- Confirm the delete process of the deposit by clicking the ‘ok’ button, and then click on the ‘Save and close’ option to complete the process.
Delete a duplicate payment in QuickBooks:
This is the procedure to delete a duplicate payment in QuickBooks, let’s follow the steps:
- Open the ‘QuickBooks’, and open the company file.
- After the opening of the company file go for the ‘Banking’ menu and click the ‘Make Deposits’ option.
- Now select the line included payment you want to delete, and click on the ‘Edit’ menu to select the ‘Delete Line’.
- To save the changes click on the ‘Save’ option.
- Then in the next step click on the ‘Lists’ menu, and then on the ‘Chart of Accounts’.
- Open the bank register by clicking on the ‘Undeposited Funds’ option.
- Now click on the ‘Select the duplicate payment you want to delete’.
- At the last click ‘Edit’ and select the ‘Delete Payment’ option.
Delete a payment from undeposited funds in QuickBooks:
- Go to the ‘Charts of Accounts’ after login to the QuickBooks.
- Now select the undeposited funds from the drop-down list.
- Now right-click on the ‘’Amount’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Delete Deposit’ option from the displayed option.
- After that, you will be asked for the confirmation, just click ‘Ok’.
How to edit deposit in QuickBooks
Follow the below steps to edit deposit in QuickBooks:
- At first, go to the dashboard of QuickBooks, and select on the icon of ‘Receive payment’ from the dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Main’ tab and select the ‘Record’ option from the list.
- Then click on the ‘Transaction History’ to see the list of QuickBooks undeposited funds.
- After that choose the payment that you want to edit, and choose the ‘Deposit Fund’ option by right-clicking on the payment.
- Now you can see a list of deposits paid.
- Then click on the payment that you want to delete or edit.
- If you want to delete this then click on the ‘edit’ option and then ‘Delete Line’.
- Now click on the ‘Save and close’ option, and again click on the ‘Save’ option to change it to the right customer.
- Click ‘Yes’ and go back to the dashboard of QuickBooks.
- Then click on the ‘Record Deposits’>’Previous’> ‘Menu’> ‘Delete Line’.
- After that go to the payment and see the payment is back deposited.
Way to recover a deposit that you accidentally deleted in QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks and click on the ‘Create’ button.
- After that click on the ‘Select existing payments’ by selecting the ‘Bank Deposit’.
- At the last recreate the deposit that you deleted by mistake.
We tried our best to provide information regarding this topic ‘How to delete a deposit in QuickBooks?’ in this blog, hope you like it. Further, if you have any doubts or any obstacles to follow the steps then you can get our help also. Thank You…