Last Updated on October 14, 2021 by Editorial Team
As all businessmen know that w2 form is a very important part of accounting because it is the form of social security report, an employee’s wages paid report, a report of medicare taxes to the social security administration (SSA), and a tax statement. And we need to print the w2 form. But there is a situation for the new QuickBooks users, and that is ‘How to print w2 in QuickBooks?’.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Here, in this blog, we are going to provide some solutions for this above-mentioned topic. If you want to know the solutions for this question or you are a new user and having an interest in this printing procedure of w2 form in QuickBooks, then stay with us and read the blog carefully.
- Know, How to Print w2 in QuickBooks:
- Requirements Need to Print w2 in QuickBooks:
- Procedure to print w2 in QuickBooks
- How to print w2 form in QuickBooks Online
- How to print w2 form in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
- How to print w2 form in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
- How to print w2 form in Intuit Online Full Service
- How to print w2 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
- How to Print w2 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard or Enhanced
- The End Line
Know, How to Print w2 in QuickBooks:
No doubt, in this blog we are going to know the W2 printing procedure in QuickBooks, but before that, you have to know the requirements that will help you to print w2 in QuickBooks.
Requirements Need to Print w2 in QuickBooks:
There are some basic requirements to print w2 in QuickBooks. So before proceeding to the steps make sure that you have arranged all the requirements, mentioned in below:
- Paper- Check that the paper is good and clear to visible others.
- Ink- There is no need for special ink, it can print the W-2 on non-reflective black ink.
- Local taxes- You can print a lot of w2 pages if you have a lot of local and state taxes.
- Printer- The printer should be compatible with your computer system.
- Subscription- You have to active a QuickBooks payroll subscription to print w2 in QuickBooks.
So these are the needs to print w2 in QuickBooks, if you already arranged all of the above then let’s start reading to the solution:
Procedure to print w2 in QuickBooks
Basically, QuickBooks needs a payroll subscription to print a W2 form, so here we are provided some solutions for this question according to the payroll service, have a look:
How to print w2 form in QuickBooks Online
To print w2 form in QuickBooks Online follow the below steps:
- Open the QuickBooks and go to the ‘Taxes’ section to choose the ‘Payroll tax’ option.
- In the next step, go to the ‘Forms’ section and click on the ‘Annual Forms’ link.
- Then from the drop-down menu select a specific employee name or the ‘All Employees’ option as per your wish.
- Now click on the W-2, copies B, C & 2 link.
- After selecting that, it will be taken to you the ‘Printable Employee Copies: Form W-2 page’, on that page choose the perfect time period from the drop-down list.
- Click on the ‘View’ option to open the ‘Adobe reader’ in a new window.
- Now click on the ‘Print Icon’ from the ‘Reader toolbar’.
- At last, click on the ‘Print’ option.
How to print w2 form in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
First of all you have to select the paper. To select the page, follow the below method:
- Go to the ‘Gear’ icon.
- From the ‘Gear’ icon, select the ‘Payroll Settings’, and go to the ‘Preference’ tab.
- After that, select the ‘Form Printing’ option from the ‘Preference’ tab.
- Now select an option, that how you need to print the form (W-2s, 3-part, 4-part) and click ‘Ok’ to select the type.
In the next step, view, and print the W-2 forms:
- To print the W-2 form follow the same procedure of ‘printing w2 form in QuickBooks Online’.
How to print w2 form in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
To print w2 form in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced carefully read the below steps:
- In the first step, select the paper through the ‘Setup’.
- Then visit to the ‘Preferences’ tab and click on the ‘Form Printing’ option.
- Choose the needed W-2 printing option, and click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Now view the print w-2 forms, by following the same process of the above two steps.
- Go for the ‘Taxes & Forms’, and from the ‘Forms’ click the ‘Annual Forms’.
- Then select W-2, copies B, C & 2.
- At last, view the form, and print it.
How to print w2 form in Intuit Online Full Service
Before printing the w2 form in Intuit Online Full Service, select the paper, and follow the below steps:
- Visit for the ‘Tax Records’ tab, and select the W-2 Copies B, C & 2.
- Now print the form for a specific employee. The instructions will print with Copy B.
- Write ‘Reissued Statement’ at the top of the W-2 form, if this is a reprint
How to print w2 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
Now you will know w2 form printing procedure in QuickBooks Desktop:
- First of all, go to the ‘Payroll Tax Center’ and choose the ‘Employees’ option for the ‘Payroll Center’.
- Now click the ‘File Forms’ tab, and choose the ‘View/Print Forms & W-2s’.
- In the next step, enter the payroll pin and click ‘Ok’.
- Now go for the ‘W-2s’ tab, and change the year that you need.
- Click on the ‘Employees’ box to select all the employees, or you can choose some individual employees from the employee list.
- Now click on the ‘Open/Save Selected’ button.
- After that, a print instruction window will open on your screen and will ask you to choose an option. Choose an option according to your need.
- A message will appear according to your selection, then load the exact paper into the printer.
- Now an adobe file will open automatically including the w2 selections, and go to the ‘File’ menu to click on the ‘Print’ option.
- Now the w2 form will print out from the printer.
How to Print w2 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard or Enhanced
To print w2 form in QuickBooks Desktop payroll standard or enhanced, first you need to select the paper. You need a blank perforated paper, 3-up or 4-up paper, and pre-printed W-2 forms, now proceed for the print procedure:
- Open the latest updated QuickBooks Desktop, and go for the ‘Employees’ drop-down menu.
- Then select the ‘Payroll Ta Forms and W-2s’ option, and then click the ‘Process Payroll Forms’ option.
- Now go to the ‘File Forms’ tab and select the ‘Annual Form W-2/W-3-Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Create Form’ option, and open the ‘File Form’ window.
- If in case, you are unable to find the form, then it may be in the inactive mode. To activate the form, go to the ‘Forms’ menu, and select the ‘Make a New Form Active’ option. And then, select the ‘Federal’ option, from the ‘State’ menu. And choose the w2 form and then the ‘Add Form’ option.
- In the Process W-2s for options
- Choose the ‘All Employees’ option, if you want to file the forms for all employees at once.
- Choose, ‘Employee’s last name, and the from and to, to file by batch.
- In the next step, enter the year, in the ‘Year’ section, and click ‘Ok’. After clicking the ‘Select Employees for Form W-2/W-3’ window will open automatically.
- Now choose the employees you are printing for according to your need.
- Then review the W-2 form, by clicking the ‘Review/Edit’ option, and click on the ‘Submit Form’ option. After that follow the on-screen instructions to print the file.
The End Line
We hope you like the blog and are able to know how to print w2 in QuickBooks. Here we have tried to provide all kinds of solutions according to the types of payroll service. But it is your responsibility to check each and every information provided to the employees is correct, and you have selected the exact number of pages according to your need. You can also get our ProAdvisor support to clear your all doubts regarding the W2 form. But for now, we will suggest you to follow the procedures carefully, and print the w2 form in QuickBooks easily.