Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Editorial Staff
As we know accounting is the crucial section of all kinds of business. But sometimes due to some disturbances, we make some faults during accounting. Making a wrong check or entering of the wrong amount of fund in a check is one of them. If you also facing the same situation then here in this blog you will be able to know that ‘How to void a check in QuickBooks?’.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Yes, this is an important technique for all, everyone should know the procedure to void a check in QB. Here we have some procedures in the below according to the QuickBooks product and situations for the easy understanding. So without wasting any time read the below procedures and shut out your problem by following these steps.
Processes to void or delete a check in Quickbooks:
How to void a check in QuickBooks Desktop?
- First of all, open the check, and go to the ‘Edit | void check’ option from the ‘Menu’ bar in the ‘Write Checks’ Window.
- Now click on the ‘Save’ option from the main tab of the top of the ‘Write checks’ page to save the changes to the check or you can choose the ‘Save & Close’ option from the bottom of the page.
- A message box will appear in the QuickBooks Desktop screen to ask you that ‘How to proceed with voiding the check?’.
- This question is totally depends upon on your check and transaction type.
- To finish voiding the check respond to the question carefully.
How to void a check in QuickBooks Online?
Here we have to methods to procedures to delete a check in QB Online, and these are
- Void a check from the Check Page
- At first, visit for the ‘Expenses’ and click on it.
- Select the ‘Filter’’ option from the ‘Expenses’ tab.
- Then go to the ‘Type’ field, and click on the ‘Check’ option.
- After that select the date in which the check was received.
- Now click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Now you have to select that check that you want to void
- Void a check without opening the transaction
- Click on the ‘Expenses’ tab, and then go for the ‘Expense Transactions’ option.
- After that identify the check to void.
- Now go to the ‘Action’ column and click on the ‘View/Edit’ menu to select the ‘Void’ option.
- Confirm the void by clicking the ‘yes’ option, when prompted.
How to void a paper check in QuickBooks?
- To void a paper check in QuickBooks, go to the ‘Banking’ tab, and click on the ‘Write Checks’ option.
- Then in the ‘Expense’ section select that account from which the check was issued, and enter the check number and check issued date.
- Now in the ‘Pay to the order of’ filed, enter the Payee name, and enter the ‘0.00’ in the amount field.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option and on the ‘Void Check’ option.
- After that, you will be asked to void the using the current date or to void the check using the date when the check was issued.
- If you need to void in current date then click on the ‘yes’ option, and if you want to choose the other option then click on the ‘No’ button.
- Remember that; the company journal will not update if you will select the ‘No’ button, but the check will be shown as voided.
- At the last click on the ‘Record’ option.
How to void a payroll check in QuickBooks?
- If you are a user of third-party payroll service then choose the ‘Employees’ tab and then click on its icon.
- Click on the ‘Void paychecks’, if you are a direct user of QuickBooks. Click the ‘Related Payrolls Activities’ and then on the ‘Void Payments’ option, if you are a user of third-party payroll service.
- Then go to the ‘Show Paychecks From and through’ field and enter the date in which the check was issued.
- After that go for the ‘Tab’ section, and see the list of checks issued.
- Now choose that paycheck that you need to void, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Now you can see that the void appears on the memo field, and check is changed to ‘0.00’.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Done’ option.
So here was the blog, that how to void a check in QuickBooks in different situations. We tried our best to provide information, hope you like it. If you have any doubts regarding this topic or have some trouble following the above steps then you can get our help.