- January 10, 2020
- Posted by: Olivia
- Category: QuickBooks
Quickbooks Error 61 occurs when bringing in, printing, include accounts, refresh, adjust, dispatch, open, introduce, download, erasing, expelling, uninstalling, sending out on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or identified with office 2007,2010,2013,2016 and 365 is because of corruption or malfunctioning of hardware.
Here some reasons behind Quickbooks Error 61. we have discussed a few reasons as follow:
- .QBW file has been damaged.
- Some times .TLG or .ND file gets corrupted.
- Virus, Malware or spyware attack can cause Quickbooks Error 61
- Error 61 may also occur if your bank provides you with another credit card or account number.
- Delete the important framework or registry page.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 61
Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file before you proceed with the following solutions for resolving QuickBooks Error 61 –
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data utility by following these steps –
- Open the File menu.
- Go to Utilities and Rebuild Data.
- Click Ok on the window.
- Complete the backup by following the prompts.
- If you are getting the message that QuickBooks is not responding, check if your mouse cursor is moving. If yes, you have to wait as the rebuilding process is still ongoing.
- When the rebuilding process has completed, press OK.
- Go to the main menu of QuickBooks then click Charts of Accounts.
- Place a checkmark against the Include Inactive box.
- Go to View on the menu bar.
- Now, select the Re-sort List.
- A message will pop up asking whether you want to return this list to its original order.
- Click OK on the message pop up window to continue.
- Now, you have to again verify the QB company file.
- If the error is present, move to the next step.
- Now, create a new QB account. The corrupt account should automatically combine with the new account.
- Now, open the company file. If you are able to do so, it means QuickBooks Error 61 is resolved.
- First of all, download the Reimage Repair Tool.
- Right-click on the tool.
- Choose the Open.
- Client Account Control will ask you to run the program. Click OK to do so.
- Click Yes to install. If a checkmark is already present on the box, uncheck it.
- You should have a stable and good-speed internet connection so that the Reimage Repair Tool can be installed and updated.
- Reimage Tool will put your computer to sweep in order to determine the condition of your PC.
- A screen will appear that will show the damages and repair recommendations.
- Click on the Start Repair to begin the repairing process.
- After the repair process has completed, restart your PC.
- Open QuickBooks and check whether Error 61 is resolved.
- First of all, you have to launch the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Go to File.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open Company File.
- Click Next.
- Find your data file.
- Open the file.
- When a message reading Move the File appears, follow the given instructions.
- Under Update Company File for New Version, you will get some information. Note it.
- Click Update Now and then do as given in the instructions.
- A message will appear that will ask whether you want to open a company file using QuickBooks’ newer version. Click Yes to continue.
- Create a copy of the backup.
- Now, perform a search for *.qbw files.
- Sign-in into your account by going to employees.
- Choose My Payroll Service.
- Click on Account Info.
- Check whether QuickBooks Error 61 is fixed.