Today’s topic is all about ‘QuickBooks error 61’. If you are a victim of QuickBooks error code 61 then, now you don’t need to worry about this. Because here in this blog, you will be able to fix the problem easily by applying different solutions.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Generally, it occurs when bringing in, printing, include accounts, refresh, adjust, dispatch, open, introduce, download, erasing, expelling, uninstalling, sending out on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or identified with office 2007,2010,2013,2016 and 365 is because of corruption or malfunctioning of hardware.
Reasons and Solutions for QuickBooks Error 61
Here in the below section, we have added the reasons and solutions for this error code, have a look:
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 61
Here some reasons behind Quickbooks Error 61. we have discussed a few reasons as follow:
- .QBW file has been damaged.
- Some times .TLG or .ND file gets corrupted.
- Virus, Malware or spyware attack can cause Quickbooks Error 61
- Error 61 may also occur if your bank provides you with another credit card or account number.
- Delete the important framework or registry page.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error 61
Here we have given multiple choices for you, you can apply any one of them, but before that create a backup of QuickBooks company file.
Solution 1: Rebuild the Company File
- Open the File menu.
- Go to Utilities and Rebuild Data.
- Click Ok on the window.
- Complete the backup by following the prompts.
- If you are getting the message that QuickBooks is not responding, check if your mouse cursor is moving. If yes, you have to wait as the rebuilding process is still ongoing.
- When the rebuilding process has completed, press OK.
Solution 2: Verify the Rebuild File
- To verify the rebuild data, first of all, go to the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘Utilities’ option.
- After selecting the ‘Utilities’ option, click on the ‘Verify data’ option.
- Now you can see the message that, the QuickBooks detected no problem with your data. You may continue using company file’.
- Whenever you see the above message, just click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Solution 3: Merge a new Account
- Go to the main menu of QuickBooks then click Charts of Accounts.
- Place a checkmark against the Include Inactive box.
- Go to View on the menu bar.
- Now, select the Re-sort List.
- A message will pop up asking whether you want to return this list to its original order.
- Click OK on the message pop up window to continue.
- Now, you have to again verify the QB company file.
- If the error is present, move to the next step.
- Now, create a new QB account. The corrupt account should automatically combine with the new account.
- Now, open the company file. If you are able to do so, it means QuickBooks Error 61 is resolved.
Solution 4: Use the Reimage Repair Tool
- First of all, download the Reimage Repair Tool.
- Right-click on the tool.
- Choose the Open.
- Client Account Control will ask you to run the program. Click OK to do so.
- Click Yes to install. If a checkmark is already present on the box, uncheck it.
- You should have a stable and good-speed internet connection so that the Reimage Repair Tool can be installed and updated.
- Reimage Tool will put your computer to sweep in order to determine the condition of your PC.
- A screen will appear that will show the damages and repair recommendations.
- Click on the Start Repair to begin the repairing process.
- After the repair process has completed, restart your PC.
- Open QuickBooks and check whether Error 61 is resolved.
Solution 5: Update Company File
- First of all, you have to launch the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Go to File.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open Company File.
- Click Next.
- Find your data file.
- Open the file.
- When a message reading Move the File appears, follow the given instructions.
- Under Update Company File for New Version, you will get some information. Note it.
- Click Update Now and then do as given in the instructions.
- A message will appear that will ask whether you want to open a company file using QuickBooks’ newer version. Click Yes to continue.
- Create a copy of the backup.
- Now, perform a search for *.qbw files.
- Sign-in into your account by going to employees.
- Choose My Payroll Service.
- Click on Account Info.
- Check whether QuickBooks Error 61 is fixed.
The End Line:
It is a not huge problem to fix the QuickBooks error 61, if you will follow the given solutions carefully you will definitely resolve the issue without any help. We tried our best to make the blog easy for you, and also hope you like this blog. You can get our ProAdvisor support, if in case you need any help to fix the problem then, and can contact with us through the toll-free number +1-877-715-0222.