Last Updated on April 1, 2021 by Editor Team
When you are stuck in the QuickBooks Error code C=51, and you don’t know how to fix it, nothing to worry about it. We will discuss the error and its solutions in this article below. Make sure that when the QuickBooks error code c=51 occurs you should shut down the QuickBooks and all the windows that are related to QuickBooks. And after that reboot your system and try to open it again.
What do you understand by QuickBooks Error code C=51?
QuickBooks Error code C=51 is an error that appears on the screen when QuickBooks does not find the TxList, the error displays the message on the screen that QuickBooks is not able to find the TxList. This type of error can also occur when the user tries to eliminate the transaction from the report.
Requirements of troubleshooting Error code C=51
Before getting into the solution, you should check the requirements used in the process of troubleshooting.
There are three requirements below that are used in the process of troubleshooting.
- The first requirement you need is a transaction log file.
- Corrupted QuickBooks data file needed.
- You also need an old backup of the QuickBooks data file.
What can be the causes of QuickBooks Error code C=51
There are many causes that can be behind the QuickBooks error. We have mentioned below some of the most common causes through which QuickBooks error code C=51 can occur.
- It can be using any damaged media like a bad floppy disc.
- The validation of QuickBooks can be the cause of error code C=51.
- The Damaged file can be the cause of this error.
- QuickBooks rebuild error or upgrading the error can be the cause of error code C=51.
- QuickBooks database server can be damaged.
Methods that are used to fix QuickBooks error code C=51
As we have already discussed above the requirements and the causes of QuickBooks error code=c=51. So now we are discussing the methods using which you can resolve the QuickBooks error code C=51, and make sure that you go through all methods and the steps given below.
Method 1. QuickBooks latest version should be updated
The basic method is that you have to update the QuickBooks from the old version to the latest version, and after updating QuickBooks you have to check that the error code C=51 is resolved or not. To update the QuickBooks you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to reboot your system and launch the QuickBooks software.
- After that open the QuickBooks and go to the help menu.
- After that, you have to click on the update QuickBooks.
- Then you have to click on the update now.
- When the update is completed, then exit the QuickBooks.
- And then reboot your system.
Method 2. End all the QuickBooks Processes
- In this method, the user needs to end all the tabs in QuickBooks.
- With the help of the task manager, the user needs to end all the files related to QuickBooks.
- Now you have to do the same thing that you are doing at the time of the error.
Method 3. Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
With the help of the QuickBooks file doctor tool, you can resolve the error code C=51
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and install it in your system.
- Then you have to check the erroneous file.
- After that, you can use the tool.
Method 4. Restore the backup
- First, you have to restore the QuickBooks backup file.
- After you have restored the file you have to press the ctrl+c button. And then they move to a new folder.
- Now you have to right-click on the file and then choose the properties.
- If you find that the backup file size is less than 6MB. Then the backup file is incorrect.
- If you find the backup file is incorrect then you have to make a backup file again.
Method 5. Analyze the connection that is working or not
Before the user starts downloading the transaction file, the user should check the internet connection, because sometimes the poor connection creates a problem and that encounters the error code C=51.
Method 6. Restore the Altered or Deleted transaction
In case you have accidentally deleted or altered the transaction, so you can re-enter the transaction information and restore it. The transactions which are accidentally deleted or altered are visible on the audit trail report.
- First, you have to open the QuickBooks and then open the report menu.
- After that, you have to choose the accountant and taxes option and then click on the audit trail.
- After that, you can restore the transaction that you have accidentally deleted.
Some of the time, the transaction might not be accessed or it can be lost, due to various technical issues. If you find the same situation, then you can restore the transaction file while using the QuickBooks backup file.
In the above article, we have discussed QuickBooks Error code C=51 and some of the methods using which you can resolve the error code C=51. But in case you find any problem related to QuickBooks, you can contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Expert. They will help you and give you the best solution related to your concern.