- September 30, 2019
- Posted by: Pragati Dixit
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks encounters legal issues, but one of the main error arises when QuickBooks won’t open for a minute in an absolutely unexpected state. This can occur because of technical errors that can be caused in part by a system and environmental issues similarly to errors with how QuickBooks interacts with those variables. If you get error messages such as “QuickBooks won’t open your company file” or “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” then we can help you. This article offers useful tips to troubleshoot errors QuickBooks won’t open the company file.
At instances, customers will encounter QuickBooks now not an opening issue at the same time as doing specific work. Therefore, we usually recommend updating to the new model of QuickBooks that has advanced features and tools and the power to avoid such issues regularly. There are various reasons why QuickBooks not responding when opening errors may occur. One such a reason is also due to hard drive corruption or damage to program files or damage to the Windows operating system. By downloading the QuickBooks component repair tool & providing the run command or by rebooting the computer & temporarily disabling the antivirus software, these errors can be fixed for real.
QB won’t open error
When you open QuickBooks desktop, suddenly you see the error (QuickBooks won’t open or stopped working), or no issues at all(not anything occurs or freezes). Your QuickBooks may also be very slow to respond, or completely not responding when opening an organization record. This will be one out of various company file errors, or you might see the QuickBooks error code 1603, error code 1935 or errors code 1402. There are several possible causes for QuickBooks won’t open an issue and several solutions that may resolve it.
Causes of QB won’t open error
Several factors that might lead to QuickBooks would not open error. It is required to consider all factors before beginning issues.
- Your company’s name is too big.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Your hard drive is corrupted.
- QuickBooks desktop set up isn’t always functioning effectively.
- Your windows operating system is damaged.
Signs of QuickBooks will now not open error
Symptoms of QuickBooks will now not open errors are listed below-
- QuickBooks Desktop freezes while running the same applications.
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks.
- Your computer freezes periodically.
- QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Your system responds sluggishly to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Company file fails to open.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks won’t open Issue
Solution 1: Restart your system
- It is most important to reboot/restart your system before you begin the process.
- Now, practice opening the QB file again & check whether QB won’t open error is gone or still there.
Solution 2: Download & run QB Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a very important tool that downloads & fixes issues freely with the help of Microsoft components used in QuickBooks, such a Microsoft.NET Framework, Microsoft MSXML, and Microsoft Visual C++.
Solution 3: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
When you rename/Delete the QBWUSER.INI file, it helps in erasing every information that is saved in that list of previously opened files. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + E key on your keyboard.
- Under the “Organize” tab on the top left press, Folder, then search options.
- Press the ‘View’ tab.
- Under the Advanced Settings >> Hidden files and folders, select the Show hidden files and folders, then tap on Ok.
- Visit My Computer >> C: drive >> Documents >> [Your user name] >> Local Settings >> Application Data >> Intuit >> QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file & Click Delete/Rename
* QuickBooks Automatically builds a new QBWUSER.INI file.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Re-install QuickBooks using a clean install
When you select to uninstall & install QB Desktop, your software gets the opportunity of refreshing itself entirely & coming back with the latest version at the same time. Therefore, play a significant role in resolving your QuickBooks won’t open issues in a much faster easier manner.
Solution 5: Open the company information from a different folder location
At times, where your company files stored in, it becomes corrupted or damaged. This is a system issue. Here’s A way to fix that:
- Press the Windows + E.
- Look for the data file, that will have a .qbw file extension like example mycompanyfile.qbw. When you look for a file that is located on a network server, browse to the network drive on which the data record is located for example X:\QBdata.
- After you have found your company file, right-click on it then press Copy.
- Locate your C: Drive then make a new folder there.
- Name that as folder QBTEST.
- Open the new QBTEST folder & Paste the company file there.
- Now, Open QuickBooks & hold the CTRL-key simultaneously.
- Press Open or Restore an Existing Company & examine the C:\QBTEST folder that you built.
- Open the company file that you have copied in the QBTEST folder.