Last Updated on February 24, 2021 by Editor Team
Oh! QuickBooks Desktop fields display black instead of white. Don’t get panic, if you are facing the same situation while working with QuickBooks Desktop. Generally, this occurs, because of the long time use of QuickBooks without any update, or any upgradation. Here in this article, you will get different types of solutions to fix QuickBooks display issues or can get rid of the issue of black lines in QuickBooks.
Read the blog carefully, and follow all the steps without skipping any single step. You will get more than one solution to fix the problem in this article. If in case, one of the solutions is not working then you can try another solution. In the meantime, you can get our Accountwizy ProAdvisor support for instant troubleshooting solutions.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
- Reasons and Solutions for the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Screen Turned Black and White’ Problem:
- The End Line:
Reasons and Solutions for the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Screen Turned Black and White’ Problem:
Here we have given the reasons, and solutions for the problem, have a look, and get answers of why, and how.
Why QuickBooks Desktop Screen Goes Black
QuickBooks Desktop screen goes black because of various reasons, which are mentioned in the below:
- If some of the buttons are missing in QuickBooks Desktop then, this problem may appear.
- Whenever the sizing icons don’t appear at the top-right corner of the window, it appears.
- Another reason for the problem is the big size of the font.
- Minimizing, and maximizing the Windows is another reason for the problem.
- The improper fit of transaction form on the screen.
How to Troubleshoot the Problem ‘QuickBooks Desktop Fields display Black Instead of White’
Here we have given the solutions for the ‘QuickBooks Desktop fields display black instead of white’ problem. You can try any one of the solutions to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Install and Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Using of QuickBooks tool hub is the most effective solution to this problem, you can use the latest updated version of the QuickBooks tool hub (Windows 10, 64-bit) for the best experience.
- Close the QuickBooks, and download QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- If you already have the tool hub then search for the version you have. To see that, go to the ‘Home’ tab, and you can see the detail of the version in the ‘About’ section.
- After opening the downloaded file, follow the onscreen instructions, and agree with the terms and conditions.
- While the install finishes, open it, on your Windows desktop.
- Now you can run the toll hub to troubleshoot the problem.
Solution 2: Change the Windows Theam
This is the basic solution for the problem, you can do it in your Windows without the help of QuickBooks.
- Open your system, and right-click anywhere on the desktop.
- After that, you will get an option of ‘Personalize’, just click on that, and choose any Windows basic theme.
- Now restart the computer, and open the QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Update the Video Card Driver
Updating video card drivers is another solution to fix the problem. F
- Open the run command, by pressing the ‘Windows + r’ key from your keyboard.
- In the type bar, type ‘dxdiag’, and press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Display 1’.
- And keep a note of the details like manufacturer, model, and etc.
- After that, do the necessary updates.
Solution 4: Edit the QBW.ini file
There is another solution to troubleshoot the problem, and that is the editing of QBW.ini file. Here you go for the procedure:
- First, close QuickBooks.
- Go for the Windows option, and enter the correct file path on the search bar.
- QuickBooks 2020:- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 20.0:- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2019:- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 19.0:- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2018:- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 18.0:- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\QBW.ini
- After that, go to the end of the text, and copy the text ‘[COLORS] Classic=0.
- Then save the QBW.ini file and open the QuickBooks.
The End Line:
We tried our best to provide every possible solution to this problem. We hope, you like it, and now you are able to fix the problem ownself. Still, if you need any kind of help, or want to clear some doubts regarding this article then you can connect with us for an instant and effective response.