Last Updated on January 4, 2021 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks error 12029 is an update error, which generally occurs due to an improper internet connection issue in QuickBooks Desktop. Usually, this error occurs when QuickBooks fails to access the server file or operating system’s file of the window. Today in this article, we will discuss, the reasons behind the error, and solutions to fix it. At meanwhile, you can get our Accountwizy support;
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
- QuickBooks Update Error 12029- The Signs, Causes, & Solutions
- How to Identify the QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- What are the Reasons Behind 12029 QuickBooks Update Error Code
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12029
- Final Words
QuickBooks Update Error 12029- The Signs, Causes, & Solutions
In the below, we have given all the needed information regarding this QuickBooks error 12029. Go through the sections, and collect the information as per your need.
How to Identify the QuickBooks Error Code 12029
The QuickBooks error 12029 can be easily identified by you. Because in the primary level QuickBooks shows an error message for all error code, by which, a person can easily know, which type of error is it. Apart from that, there are several signs to detect the error code, which we have mentioned in the below:
- The system will shut down automatically.
- The QuickBooks company file will not work properly.
- QuickBooks will not access any other task.
- The internet connection can’t connect with the Only QuickBooks Desktop.
- A QuickBooks error 12029 message will give you a big hint for this.
What are the Reasons Behind 12029 QuickBooks Update Error Code
There are many reasons behind the QuickBooks 12029 error code, which we have mentioned in below clearly, as the external reasons, and internal reasons.
External Reasons for 12029 Error
- Wrong internet security setting
- Wrong setting of SSL set up
- Because of slow internet connection
Internal Reasons for 12029 Error
- The improper update of QuickBooks may occur the problem.
- Failed connectivity of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks failed to access the server.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12029
Here, we have given some of the effective solutions to fix the problem easily. Go for the procedure, and troubleshoot the problem, as soon as possible.
Solution (A) Install the Latest Update of Windows (10)
Updating of system, or the OS is a primary solution for all QuickBooks update, and installation error code. So here, we have given the solution to update the OS in the latest release version for Windows 10. Follow the procedure to get the latest update:
- First go to the ‘Setting’ section then to the ‘Update & Security’ tab.
- From there, select the Windows update, and then the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- If you find latest released version is available there then, download, and install it by clicking on the ‘Download & Install Now’ option
- After the complete installation process, restart your PC.
Solution (B) Setup Internet Explorer Settings
The second solution is to review, and set up the internet explorer settings.
- At first, close the QuickBooks Desktop, and open the ‘Internet Explorer’.
- Now go to the ‘Tools’ section, and select the ‘Internet Options’.
- If in case, you are unable to find the ‘Tools’ option then, press the ‘Alt’ key from the keyboard.
- Then go to the ‘Security’ tab to ensure that, the security level is no higher, in the ‘Globe’ con. Select the ‘Medium-High’ security level.
- Now, in the next, go to the ‘Connections’ tab, and choose the ‘Never Dial a Connection’ option, according to your activity.
- If you have not to use the DUN (Dial-up node) on your system then, you can select the ‘Never Dial a Connection’ option.
- If You already used the DUN on the system then, select the correct ISP.
- Click the ‘Ok’ option then, the ‘LAN Settings’ option.
- Ensure that the, ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ box is selected, and if it is not selected then, select the box.
- And review that, the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ checkbox is clear.
- Document the complete address and port if, the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ is already selected.
- Do not uncheck the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box, if the port is other than port 80.
- And if the port is port 80 then you can clear the box to test.
- In the next step, click the ‘Ok’ option.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab, and select the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ option.
- From the ‘Settings’ section, locate the ‘Use TLS 1.2’, and verify that, it is selected.
- If you are using Internet Explorer then, maybe the above options not be in it.
- Click the ‘Ok’ option then close the IE, and restart the system.
Solution (C): Recheck the Internet Security
If the above solution is not effective then, you have to check yor security settings.
- Go to the ‘Help’ section, and click on the ‘Internet Connection Set up’ option.
- After that, select the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox, and then the ‘Get Updates’ option.
Solution (D): Test the Connectivity
You can also test the connectivity, and the settings of internet explorer. To do that, you need to follow the below steps:
- First, download, and run TLS 1.2 utility, and verify the internet explorer as a default browser.
- After that, recheck that, you are able to access websites outsides of QuickBooks Desktop.
Sill, if you facing the same problem then, you can run the Microsoft window in the safe mode or run QuickBooks in safe mode.
So this was the article, hope you like it, and got the information that you want. And also now you are able to fix the QuickBooks update error 12029 easily. Still, if there any problem to follow the procedure then, you can get help from a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the exact troubleshoot solution.