Last Updated on June 17, 2020 by Editor Team
Quickbooks Error 15240 is also called update error because it occurs at the time of updation of QuickBooks accounting software. There are many reasons which can cause the QB error 15240. When you Quickbooks software face problem in updating the QuickBooks accounting software then it shows the Quickbooks Error code 15240 on your computer screen. Before solving any problem we need to under what are the symptoms and causes that are affecting the Quickbooks accounting software. Once you get the exact point of the problem then you can very easily fix your error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15240
- Whenever you trying to open your Quickbooks accounting software then you get the Quickbooks Error 15240 message on your computer screen.
- If your QuickBooks software is unable to update the QuickBooks payroll.
- You are unable to do any activities related to the QuickBooks payroll.
- Your keyboard and mouse will react very slowly.
- Whenever you try to open any problem then your computer system gets stuck for a bit period of time.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 15240
Below we are going to discuss all the possible causes that can cause the QuickBooks Error 15240
- If your computer doesn’t have an internet connection then you can face the QB error code 15240.
- Your Quickbooks software doesn’t get the proper speed of the internet then the downloading of the update break.
- You are using the very old version of the QuickBooks software.
- Most of the time it has seen lots of people logged into the computer as an administrator but they are not running the QuickBooks as an administrator.
- The downloading link of the update has been expired or specify any wrong path.
- If you are using the Quickbooks in the multi-user mode inside the terminal service setting.
- Most of the time damaged windows registry occurs the restriction to open the QuickBooks application.
- Sometimes your QuickBooks automatically download the damaged update from the site or not properly download the update.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error 15240
There are a number of solutions but when you get the cause of your QuickBooks Error 15240 then you can easily put the right solution if you are unable to find out the cause of your error in that case you need to apply all the solutions in the ascending order.
Solution 1: Check You are Running QuickBooks Application as the Administrator
- First, you need right click on the “QuickBooks icon”.
- Here you need to choose the option “Run as Administrator”
Solution 2: Reinstall your QuickBooks software with Clean Install Tool
This solution will clear all your junk and temp files that may have accumulated over the big period of time with continuous use and Your computer will restart with a fresh system but before moving on to the solution you just have to take the backup of your company files.
- Firstly you need to completely uninstall the Quickbooks software from your computer system.
- After that your need to rename all the installation folders then download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Then you need to again Reinstall the QuickBooks software into your computer system.
Solution 3: Verify the System Date and Time
When your computer system date and time are wrong then your QuickBooks accounting software assumes that you are using the older version of the QuickBooks so, it shows the QuickBooks error 15240 on your computer screen.
- Firstly visit the control panel into your computer system
- Now you need to choose the option of the “Change Date and Time”
- Here you have to set the current date and time.
- To save all the changes click on the “Apply” and then “Ok”.
Solution 4: Verifying the Ms internet Explorer Setting Are Set Correctly
- Firstly you need to visit your Internet, Explorer.
- Then go inside the “Tools menu” and then choose the “Internet” option.
- Here you need to open the “Advanced” tab.
- Move your cursor down until you find out the option SSL2.0 and SSL3.0
- Select the boxes near on both the options.
- To save all the changes tap on the “Apply” and then “ok”.
Solution 5: Verifying that the security software setting is set correctly
Most of the time your security software and anti-malware software create the problem with your QuickBooks software and it does not allow your QuickBooks application to download the Quickbooks Update, as a result, QuickBooks software shows the Quickbooks Error 15240 on your screen. Ensure that you configure the setting on your security software so it doesn’t interfere with QuickBooks software.
Solution 6: Checking the Third-Party Firewall
Make sure your third party firewall gives the full access to the qbw32.exe file and qbupdate.exe file to work properly Quickbooks software.
QuickBooks error 15240 mostly occurs when your Quickbooks accounting software is unable to download the update. This error can arise due to many reasons on of them is your internet speed is not good or your computer internet explorer setting are wrong. To fix the solution you need to follow the above-given solutions.