It is so irritating when we found the error ‘QuickBooks multi-user mode not working’. Because it is an inbuilt and most useful feature in QuickBooks Desktop. But now you did not need to get worried about this because we have the solution to this problem in this blog.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
The multi-user mode helps to work on a single QuickBooks company file from different systems and users and helps increase collaboration between different users. And this problem occurs when the user loads a company file stored on another system and the QuickBooks error H202 message appears. Sometimes the error message comes to a stored file system, not on your system.
Reasons & Solutions for QuickBooks Multi-User Not Working
Here are the reasons and solution for this problem, just check out the possible reasons and check why the error is occurring.
Causes Of QuickBooks Multi-User Not Working
Many reasons are responsible for this error, we are listing all them:-
- QuickBooks not installed on the server system
- The hosting system setting is not properly configured
- Your system firewall blocks the connection to the hosting Systems
- Sometimes antivirus blocks the running threads
- Sharing services are stopped on the Services or hosting system
- The hosting System database server does not open the company file
- Windows permissions are misconfigured
- May also when the .ND file is damaged
- QuickBooks server may yet not starts
- Permission to access the file on the server will be changed.
Ways To Fix The QuickBooks Multi-User Not Working Error
We are providing different solutions to fix QuickBooks’ multi-user error in your system.
Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Accounting software
- Go to control panel in your system
- Click on the program and features option in control panel
- Now choose QuickBooks to form the install list.
- Click on the uninstall which shows on the display.
- Next download the QuickBooks form the web
- You can also use the Setup CD
- Install QuickBooks again for the download file or setup CD
- Don’t forget to choose the multi-user option at the time of installation
Reinstalling will repair or replace the damaged file in your system and also reset the setting on default. So this process will fix the problem of QuickBooks Multi-user not working.
Solution 2: Check your system network connectivity
- Stop the hosting process to the server
- Open QuickBooks and go to the file and then select Utilities
- Now choose the Host multi-user access option in the utilities.
- If the System is not hosting file go to the next System
- Stop hosting multi-user file and yes to confirm
- Restart your system
- Repeat this process with all the server systems.
If you did not solve the problem, then move on to the next solution to fix the QuickBooks Multi-user not working.
Solution 3: Change The Location Of Your File
These changes will help if QuickBooks faces the problem due to the path of the company file. To fix this you just need to copy or move the file on the desktop or any other locations.
- Navigate to the folder or location of the QuickBooks company file.
- The QuickBooks file extension is .QBW.
- Find that file and simply copy or move it by right-clicking on the file.
- Go to the desktop or any other location where you want to move and paste it.
- Now open QuickBooks by pressing with the control key.
- This process opens the QuickBooks with no company file window.
- Open your company file click on the open button.
Solution 4: Change User Setting To Default
- Open QuickBooks
- Click on the File menu
- Now click on utility options
- Select the host multi-user access setting
- You need to add multiple users to the company file
- It asks to disable enabled user to multi-user mode.
- Now set up a user password to prevent data unauthorized access.
You recreated the user with the default setting, we hope this will solve Quickbooks multi-user mode not working problems coming in your system.
Solution 5: Create A New Shared Folder
Sometimes the problem is coming to the folder access permission. The access permission is changed to default when you create a new Shared folder.
- Make a new folder on the host system
- Now place the company file to the newly created folder.
- Try to open the company file
Solution 6: Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool Hub through the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- First of all, close the QuickBooks and download the recent version of Quickbooks Tool Hub on your server.
- And save the file in a place where you can easily access it at any time.
- After that, open the tool hub file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe), and follow the on-screen instruction to install the tool.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After the complete installation of the tool hub, double-click on the tool hub icon to open the tool.
- If in case, you are unable to find the tool then go to the search bar of the window and search for the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then go for the ‘Network Issues’ section of the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and select the ‘QuickBooks Database server manager’ option.
- You may be asked for the installation of QuickBooks if QuickBooks is not installed on the server yet.
- If the company files are displayed, click on the ‘Start Scan’ option, and if the company files are not displayed then browse for the location and select ‘Start Scan’.
- The scanning process will be started automatically in the server manager, and whenever it will finish, just click on the ‘Close’ option.
- After that open the QuickBooks in all system or in all workstation, the go to the ‘File’ and Switch to the Multi-user mode.
- And if you are doing the same procedure in the server then make sure that you have checked the switch to multi-user mode.
We hope, this by reading this post you can get the solutions to fix the problem ‘QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working’ and also the reasons behind it. Still, if after following the above-mentioned step you are unable to understand or have any confusion in this blog then, you can get our ProAdvisor support at any time and anywhere through the toll-free number +1-877-715-0222.