Last Updated on June 1, 2020 by Editor Team
QuickBooks error C=184 occurs due to a damaged network file that is important for QuickBooks to run. If this error does not work properly can also cause data damage in QuickBooks company file. So, It is recommended that you fix QuickBooks error C=184 that causes more data damage on your software.
Here we will teach you a full solution for QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184. Users have reported that every time they try to open but they get this error. So, here we have an answer for how can you fix QuickBooks Error Code C=184.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=184
There are many reasons that can instigate this error. Some causes are as follows:
- Damage .NDand and .TLG file
- Incorrect dates in reports
- Improper and wrong installation of QuickBooks software
- Manually adjust the date for your report
- Install all the windows which is update
- Run reboot.bat
- Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks software
- Move the company file to the various location
- Rename .ND and .TLG file
Let’s Try to Fix QuickBooks Error C=184
Always ensure that there is no update for the window that is running in the background to interrupt the connectivity of quickBooks desktop application. Windows update can engage all network resources on all routes and QuickBooks will not be able to get any response from the server. Restart the computer once and the process is complete.
If rebooting your QuickBooks application then fixes minor data damages. So, try to run reboot.bat
- Close the Quickbooks application on your computer
- Apply right click on QuickBooks icon
- Select the properties from the drop down menu
- Click on the open file location
- If you are inside the QuickBooks file then, run the reboot.bat folder
- Now, you need to click on the reboot.bat and then click on the administrator
- Now, Running Reboot.bat as an administrator is needed
- Now, CMD window is appearing and process for file components
- If CMD prompt once then, the process is completed to restart your computer
- This might fix QuickBooks error code C=184
Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Enter the company folder that will be stores .nd and b files
- Now open the same folder where your company files are stored. There are two types of file with an extension of .tlg and .nd.
- Apply the right click on the files and select option rename.
- Now, add QuickBooks old file 184.
- Now, open the Quickbooks and try to use your company file.
Moving Company File
Continuously if the problem comes then, you can try moving your company file to a different location which can solve the error.
- Go to that location where the company file is stored.
- Then, right click on the company file
- Now, choose an option to cut and paste that file in a different location.
When opening the company file it also causes the report mismatch under the QuickBooks reports field. If you are dealing with this error then we suggest you to follow this blog and seps mentioned in this blog is easily resolve the error