Last Updated on December 16, 2020 by Editorial Staff
The QuickBooks export to excel not working due to the damaged excel application, and for the new QuickBooks Desktop update. It can be major problem to maintain a QuickBooks report in excel, so it necessary to fix the problem as soon as possible. Here in this article, we have discussed the causes, and solutions for this problem. Contiue with us, if you want the solution to this problem.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
Why & How to Fix ‘QuickBooks Export to Excel Not Working’
We have discussed the causes, and solution to this problem. So that, you can easily get the exact reason for the problem, and can apply the appropriate solution to fix it.
Why QuickBooks Unable to Export to Excel
There are many reasons for the export to excel problem in QuickBooks, but generally it occus due to two main reason, which are mentioned in the first line of the article. Apart from those, there are other reasons for the problem, you can see the list of reasons in the below:
- Unable to recognize Excel in your system
- QuickBooks does not update successfully
- Damaged Excel application
- Damaged QuickBooks
- File Registry entries misconfigured.
- Excel is not supported by Quickbooks
How To Fix QuickBooks Export To Excel Not Working Issue
To fix the exporting file problem in QuickBooks have different methods. You can try these ones by one any of these may fix your problem.
Method 1: Put the QuickBooks in Trusted Site
- Login into your QuickBooks account
- Click on the gear icon located on the right side upper corner.
- When the windows prompt than add it to the trusted site by click on Trusted Sites
- Disable the Protected mode by unticking the checkbox sometimes this prevents the operation.
- Add intuit.com in your browser sites list as a trusted sites list.
- After clicking done try to Export the file.
Method 2: Replace the QuickBooks Company File
- Firstly close all version of QuickBooks Desktop software
- Now copy the company file to the Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop in your system
- After that open or restore the company file that places you want to store your file.
Method 3: Change the Contact Information
- Login into your QuickBooks account
- Click on the gear icon located on the right side upper corner
- Now go to preference a Click on the company settings.
- Fill out all the required details in the field like contact information.
- Now click on save and Done
- Lastly, again try to import and export your file.
Method 4: Create a QuickBooks Online Account
- First, open the QuickBooks
- Now go to Edit then click preferences
- Now click on the Payroll & Employees
- Select the company tab
- You need to choose the full payroll option and make a dummy employes
- Now create a QuickBook Online account.
Method 5: Export the Report to a New Excel Sheet
- Open QuickBooks and go to the customer center.
- Find your transaction details form the panel.
- A transaction that you want to see in the transaction journal right-click on that.
- Now select journal of your transaction.
- Finally, go on the Excel button and create a new sheet to export the report.
Fix Export To Excel Not Working For Mac OS
- First, check the compatibility of the version of the Excel file on your computer.
- Check the minimum system requirements to install the software.
- If your system does not meet the minimum requirement may the problem is there and you need to upgrade the system.
- Now reinstall and register your Microsoft excel in your system to check out the problem is in Excel or QuickBooks.
- If the problem is solved it means the problem with excel or if not that means the problem may persist in QuickBooks.
- If the problem is with QuickBooks account software then you need fresh installation is required to fix the installation problems with QuickBooks.
How Export File to Excel in QuickBooks
Export file to excel in QuickBooks by following the below procedure:
- Open Quickbooks
- Select company file
- Now navigate to the company file and select the option that you what to export like Loss and Profit etc.
- Now choose to excel and create a new worksheet to store data
- Click on export and now your file is open with Microsoft Excel tool
- Open QuickBooks again and click on excel and then create a new excel file.
- Now click on send report to Microsoft Excel
- Choose a file name for your file and save it.
At last, we just want to say you that, just follow the steps carefully without getting any hesitation. We hope, you like the blog, further, if you need to perform these steps then, you can get our ProAdvisor support for the best, and instant solution.