Last Updated on December 24, 2020 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks error 1603 comes out with a POPUP error message ‘Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error’, which generally occurs during the installation process or the updating process of QuickBooks.
Today this is the article for those, who are facing the installation or updating HTML error code 1603 in QuickBooks. Here we will discuss the causes, signs, and solutions to fix the QuickBooks update error 1603 as soon as possible. Go to the deep of the article to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
The error messages will be seems like the below:
- QuickBooks error 1603: During instability of Microsoft.Net Framework.
- QuickBooks error status 1603: An internal error has occurred in the update installer.
- QB error status 1603: Unable to apply a patch
- MSI 1603 returned: fatal error occurs during installment.
- What are the Signs to Identify the QuickBooks Error Status 1603
- What are the Causes for QuickBooks Update Error 1603
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
- Wrapping Up
What are the Signs to Identify the QuickBooks Error Status 1603
The following signs are the symbol of QuickBooks error 1603. Have a look, and go for the solution, if you are noticing the same signs with QuickBooks in Windows.
- Any one of your important file in QuickBooks is closed or locked.
- You can’t get the installation permission or not allow for the permission.
- The Microsoft Windows Installer is corrupted.
- The current version of the software is not working.
- QuickBooks installation is corrupted.
- A Windows-temporary folder is flooded and there is not much space.
- There are some problems with the installation of the Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer.
What are the Causes for QuickBooks Update Error 1603
- The running program in the background during any QuickBooks installation process is the main reason for the QuickBooks update & installation error 1603.
- QuickBooks error 1603 also occurs due to the corrupted software download, and incomplete download process of any application in the system.
- A corrupted Windows registry is another reason for this error.
- Interference of antivirus software and unavailable of the important program are also the cause for the update error.
- Improper shutting down of the system.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
We know, you are very excited to know the troubleshoot solution of the QuickBooks install and update error 1603. But before knowing the procedure for the QuickBooks error 1603, you have to know the exact cause of the error code. So that, it will be easy to choose the right solution from the below.
Check all of the above-given reasons for the 1603 error code, and go for the right process. Still, if you are unable to find out the QuickBooks error 1603 then, there is nothing to worry about, you can apply all of the given solutions.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If there is any component issue in your Windows, which affects the QuickBooks then, here is the first solution for you to fix Microsoft .Net Framework issue, MSXML& C++ issues.
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, and install it.
- Then open your system or the computer as the admin.
- Go to the ‘Start’ button, and search for the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ in the search bar.
- After showing the option, click on it to launch the tool.
- Otherwise, you can double-click on the downloaded file (QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe) file to open it.
- Then on the ‘Run’ option.
- Go for the ‘Complete Scan’ option.
- If any issue detects after the scanning process, repair them.
Solution 2: Update Windows to the Latest Release Version
There is another solution to fix the QuickBooks update error 1603, and that is downloading, and installing Windows Update.
- Press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard, and search for the ‘Windows Update’ option on the search bar.
- Now click the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- If there is any latest update is available for the update, go for it, and update it.
Solution 3: Use Selective Startup to Install QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes the third-party apps interfere during any installation process in QuickBooks. So you should follow this procedure if you want to use QuickBooks in safe mode by the selective startup.
- First, create back up of your company file with the QuickBooks Desktop product information.
- Open the run command box or the window.
- Enter, ‘msconfig’ in the typing bar, and click the ‘Ok’ option.
- Go to the ‘General’ tab, and select the ‘Selective Startup’ option, and the ‘Load system Services’ option.
- Then disable the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.
- And make sure that the Windows installer checkbox is checked.
- Click the ‘Ok’ option, and restart your system.
- Then uninstall, and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- At the last, again go back to the normal startup mode.
Solution 4: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
If any one of the above solutions are not working then you can simply uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop, and re-install it again.
- Launch the run command window by holding, and pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ key from the keyboard.
- Enter ‘Control Panel’ in the run box, and click the ‘OK’ option.
- After that, go to the ‘Programs and Features’ option from the control panel.
- Find, and select the ‘QuickBooks’ from the list.
- Choose the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution 5: Restart the Windows Installer
The QuickBooks Windows installer error 1603 can occur in all Windows version including the Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, ME and etc. So all types of Windows users can follow the procedure to restart the Windows installer.
- Open your Control Panel, and o to the section of ‘System and Security’.
- Choose the administrative tool, and double-click on the ‘Services’ option.
- Find out your Window installer option.
- Disable the service, and again enable the service to reboot the Window Installer Service.
Solution 6: Repair MSXML 4.0
- MSXML 4.0 Repair. The fencing process is different for different windows.
- The QuickBooks CD must be inserted into the system and any window that appears on the screen must be closed for the installation process.
- Then, the user should follow the instructions given to install the MSXML in the operating system.
- The user needs to click on the Start button on Windows and place msiexex.exe / forum “D: \ QBOOKS \ msxml.msi” in the search box for Windows 7 or Vista. (If the CD drive is not the letter D, the letter D must be replaced).
- If you are using Windows XP, first of all, go to the Windows Start button and open the run.
- Type the following in the blank field – msiexec.exe / forum “D: \ QBOOKS / msxml.msi” and press the OK button.
- See if QuickBooks error 1603.
So these were the solutions. We have given all the effective, manual, and possible solutions for the 1603 error code. Generally, Here the basic reason for all installation error codes is, running of other applications in the background during any QuickBooks update process. So always remember aware of this.
At the last of the article, we hope, now you are able to fix the QuickBooks error 1603 own self. Still, if there is any problem to fix the problem then it will be good to ask for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the instant troubleshoot the solution.