Last Updated on February 16, 2021 by Editorial Staff
As everyone knows that, Intuit already launched the new version of QuickBooks Desktop as QuickBooks Desktop 2021. And day by day the popularity of the new QuickBooks version creating big changes to manage business finance. So everyone wants to download and install QuickBooks Desktop 2021 for better and easy finance management.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Here in this article, we will discuss the download, and install process of QuickBooks Desktop, and the download procedure of QuickBooks Desktop for QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Hurry up, and read the article to get a way to take the advantage of the new version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Procedure to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021
At first, we have to download the QuickBooks Desktop, and then install it, so let’s proceed for the Download process:
How to Download the QuickBooks Desktop
Download the QuickBooks Desktop in your system by following the below steps:
- At first, you have to sign in to your Intuit Account with the email ID you used during the purchase of QuickBooks Desktop.
- After successfully sign in to the account, go to the ‘Manage your QuickBooks’ drop-down menu, and select the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Now choose that version you want to use.
- Then click on the ‘Details’ option.
- Now you will be able to see all the details like product number, license number, and click on the link to download QuickBooks Desktop.
- You can also see the ProAdvisor license number if you look for the accountant version for QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, click ‘Download’, and get the install file.
How to Install QuickBooks Desktop
After the complete download process, you need to install the QuickBooks Desktop properly. To perform this, you have to follow some steps, which are given in the below :
Step 1: Prepare QuickBooks Desktop to Install
- Set up all the system requirements to install the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Those, who do not yet download the QuickBooks desktop, download the new version of QuickBooks Desktop, and save the file where you can easily access it.
- Be ready with your product and license number.
- You can get the license number from your email if you bought QuickBooks directly from the website.
- And if in case, you purchased it from a retail store, then get the product information from the label of the original package.
Step 2: Install the QuickBooks Desktop
- Go for the .exe QuickBooks file that you downloaded, and open it.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions, and accept the license agreement.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option.
- And at the last, enter the product and license number.
Step 3: Choose the Installation Type
There are two options for you to choose the installation type, and they are;
- Express Install
- Custom and Network Install
This installation type will be recommended for those who are new in QuickBooks or those who are using this for the first-time, reinstalling QuickBooks.
- First of all, click on the ‘Express’ option and then on the ‘Next’ option.
- After that, select the ‘Install’ option.
- Open the QuickBooks to start it.
Custom and Network Install
This installation type is suitable for those, who are hosting their company files on a server, setting a multi-user network, and installing the QuickBooks in a default location.
- To install the QuickBooks Desktop, in the custom and network type at first, click on the ‘Custom and Network Options’.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now you have to describe that, how you will use the QuickBooks.
- Then go to the next page and select the ‘Change the install location’ option.
- Browse and put the QuickBooks folder, where you want to place it.
- Click the ‘Next’ option, and start the install.
- After the complete installation process, click on the ‘Open QuickBooks’ to start your work with QuickBooks.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After you install the software, QuickBooks will ask you to activate and update QuickBooks Desktop. You can manually activate the QuickBooks Desktop:
- Just go to the QuickBooks and open it.
- After opening the ‘Help’ menu, go for the ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- And verify your info by following the on-screen instructions.
How to Download QuickBooks Desktop for ProAdvisors
The QuickBooks ProAdvisor has different procedure to download QuickBooks Desktop. If you are a QuickBooks ProAdvisor then, you can follow the given procedure to download it.
- First, click here to log in to the self-service account portal.
- Here you need to enter the same user ID that you are using for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor login, and click on the ‘Continue’ option to proceed forward.
- Go to the ‘Manage your QuickBooks’ section, and select the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Choose the QuickBooks Desktop version, and click on the ‘Download’ option.
- Install the file, and go to the ‘Details’ section to get the product detail like license number, product number, and ProAdvisor license number.
The End Line:
We tried our best to provide enough information in this blog, hope you will able to download and install QuickBooks Desktop 2021 perfectly without facing any problem. Further, If there is any problem to follow the given procedures then we will recommend you to ask for an assistant for the best performance. You can also get support from our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the best solution.