Last Updated on by
In accounting software, it is very important to share the data with your users or accountants. QuickBooks accounting software provides many features that will allow your client to import the changes you made in your accountant’s copy into their working file.
You can easily import the changes from the web through ACFT and can do the modification in your company file. You should be familiar with the fact that importing an accountant’s changes. QuickBooks is always done by the person who hires accountants to handle their financial information.
The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps to create QuickBooks accountant copy and learn you how to import accountant changes in QuickBooks
Import Account Changes in QuickBooks
To import the changes which is based on two different ways, first you can account for changes from the computer and second chances if your accountant’s copy file transfer (ACFT) service. you can import changes by the web. We have mentioned below both methods.
Importing Accountant changes in QuickBooks by Flash Drive
Here are the many different steps that you need to follow to import the changes that you make in your accountant’s copy from a flash or external drive into QuickBooks. Your accountant’s copy restrictions will be removed and a company file will be up to date.
- Select the flash/USBdrive to the computer.
- Go to the QuickBooks software and then log in to the company file in which you need to import the changes.
- Then, choose and go to the file< send company file< accountant’s copy.
- You need to browse the file with QuickBooks file extension and then click on the file to open it.
- You will be able to see the changes you made in the file in the window. After discussing, click on the “incorporate accountant’s changes” button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, quickBooks asks you to close all running windows. click ok.
- Before importing QuickBooks ask you to create the backup of the existing files as a precaution.
- In the “save backup copy” window, select the location where you want to save your backup files. You can choose any location such as desktop or Flash/USB/External drive to save the backup.
- After the backup is completed QuickBooks starts importing the accountant’s changes.
- A PDF file will be created with all the changes that you can view later.
- After the changes are imported easily, QuickBooks will ask you to enter a closing date and a password to keep it safe. This step is optional but if you remember to note down the password somewhere you can find easily.
How to Import Accountant changes in QuickBooks by Web
Before importing the changes, we will recommend you to create or mada backup of the existing company file, In case something went wrong.
- Open the QuickBooks and select the file menu.
- If you want to use the accountant’s copy file transfer service, then click on the import accountant changes from the web.
- After reviewing the Accountant’s changes then click ok
- Click on save as PDF and view the changes in the future for you to print the file.
- Next select the incorporated accountant’s and changes after having the final check.
- You have to close all the windows and QuickBooks show to create a backup of the changes you made.
- A PDf will be created and saved in the same location where the company file is located.
Problem faced by the user when working with QuickBooks Accountant
The issue faced when trying to import the changes, that get an error message incorrect company file open or removed restriction. When you have checked both and opened the correct company file then, did not remove the restrictions since have sent the back up to my accountant.
Limitations of an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks
- Transactions: You can only work on the transactions that are dated after the dividing dates.
- Account: You do not have the permission to create the sub-accounts for any existing account and you will not merge or edit any existing account.
- Lists (Leaving Chart of Accounts): You can not offer to merge or delete any list item but can edit and make list items.
- You cannot delete or add list items.
By following the solution that have been mentioned above, now you will be able to successfully create a QuickBooks accountant copy and learn how to import accountant changes in Quickbooks. You can send the changes that are made in your accountant’s copy to your users. But sometimes importing the accountant’s changes is done by accountants.