Last Updated on October 14, 2021 by Editorial Team
Most of the QuickBooks users don’t know, how to import accountant changes in QuickBooks. But it is an important procedure, which should be known by every QuickBooks user. So, here we have the article to guide you on the procedure to import accountant changes in the QuickBooks Desktop. Meanwhile, you can get the help of our QuickBooks experts for the quick and best guidance.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
- Procedure to Import Accountant’s Changes in 2020:
- Can’t Import Accountant’s Changes QuickBooks, What to Do
- Limitations of an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks
- The End Line
Procedure to Import Accountant’s Changes in 2020:
Here we have given different procedures to import accountant’s changes in QuickBooks. You just need to follow all the steps carefully and choose the suitable procedure according to your need to import accountant changes in QuickBooks.
Import Accountant Changes in QuickBooks Manually:
Follow the procedure to manually import the accountant changes in QuickBooks;
- First, back up your company file, if you haven’t yet.
- If you are a user of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, then turn off any advanced inventory features that you are using currently. Don’t worry, you can turn back it on after importing the changes.
- After that, login to QuickBooks Desktop, and select the ‘Send Company File’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Accountant’s Copy‘ option for the ‘Client Activities’ option.
- Select the ‘Import Accountant Changes from File’ option, if your accountant sent you an accountant changes file.
- After that, browse for the file, the file may have the .qby extension at the end of the filename.
- And if your accountant sent you their changes in an accountant’s copy file transfer service then, select the ‘Import Accountant’s Changes from web, and follow all the onscreen instructions to import their changes.
Import Accountant Changes by Flash Drive in QuickBooks
In the above, you have seen, how to import changes in QuickBooks manually, now know the importing procedure through the flash drive.
Follow all the steps carefully, without skipping any steps:
- Select the flash/USBdrive to the computer.
- Go to the QuickBooks software and then log in to the company file in which you need to import the changes.
- Then, choose and go to the file< send company file< accountant’s copy.
- You need to browse the file with QuickBooks file extension and then click on the file to open it.
- You will be able to see the changes you made in the file in the window. After discussing, click on the “incorporate accountant’s changes” button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, quickBooks asks you to close all running windows. click ok.
- Before importing QuickBooks ask you to create the backup of the existing files as a precaution.
- In the “save backup copy” window, select the location where you want to save your backup files. You can choose any location such as desktop or Flash/USB/External drive to save the backup.
- After the backup is completed QuickBooks starts importing the accountant’s changes.
- A PDF file will be created with all the changes that you can view later.
- After the changes are imported easily, QuickBooks will ask you to enter a closing date and a password to keep it safe. This step is optional but if you remember to note down the password somewhere you can find easily.
Import an Accountant Changes in QuickBooks by Web
Before importing the changes, we will recommend you to create or mada backup of the existing company file, In case something went wrong.
- Open the QuickBooks and select the file menu.
- If you want to use the accountant’s copy file transfer service, then click on the import accountant changes from the web.
- After reviewing the Accountant’s changes then click ok
- Click on save as PDF and view the changes in the future for you to print the file.
- Next select the incorporated accountant’s and changes after having the final check.
- You have to close all the windows and QuickBooks show to create a backup of the changes you made.
- A PDf will be created and saved in the same location where the company file is located.
Can’t Import Accountant’s Changes QuickBooks, What to Do
If you can’t import accountant’s changes to QuickBooks then, you need not get panic because it may happen due to the improper file extension.
Maybe the file you sent to the accountant is the.QBX file and you are asking for the.QBY file to import any changes to the current data file. Apart from that, you can restore your QBB data file as your new data file.
Limitations of an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks
- Transactions: You can only work on the transactions that are dated after the dividing dates.
- Account: You do not have the permission to create the sub-accounts for any existing account and you will not merge or edit any existing account.
- Lists (Leaving Chart of Accounts): You can not offer to merge or delete any list item but can edit and make list items.
- You cannot delete or add list items.
The End Line
By following the solution that we have been mentioned above, we hope now you are able to create a QuickBooks accountant copy successfully and have the idea to import accountant changes in QuickBooks. You can send the changes that are made in your accountant’s copy to your users. But sometimes importing the accountant’s changes is done by accountants. Further, if you need any help to do this properly, or have any confusion then you can get help of our QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the instant, and troubleshooting solution.