Last Updated on July 12, 2021 by Editorial Staff
WDDM service is not running in QuickBooks; this issue probably faced by the users when the users found the DDL files are not available or damaged, and they try to update the Windows. Before getting panic, we will like to ask a question. Does your system run a modern version of Windows and you see that it is getting malfunctioned and stopped of unpredictable extent and magnitude? If yes, then you should solve this problem as soon as possible.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
This article will guide you to show the direction of the solution, and also let you know that, why you are facing the issue. So if you want to get the exact solution to the problem, read the complete article, and enhance your idea regarding this.
Why WDDM Service is Not Running in QuickBooks
There are different causes behind the WDDM service error. The reason for yours can be different but they all create the same problem of WDDM Service Running Error.
- Drivers are not installed properly or Drivers are corrupted.
- While updating your windows some DLL files are not available or corrupted.
- Wrong Installation and uninstallation of the application can cause this error.
- If there is any kind of virus or malware or Trojan Horse present in your system then it may show this error.
How to Resolve the WDDM Service Running Issue in QuickBooks
Here we have given 2 effective solutions to the problem. Follow them carefully, and don’t skip any step.
Solution 1: Turn on the System in the Safe Mode
- First of all, login to your system as the Admin and make sure to do every step as administrator.
- Turn on your computer in a safe mode to turn on the QuickBooks in safe mode. It will reduce the ADDM issue.
- While Booting Press F8 to make sure that your computer will start in safe mode.
- Check your PC drivers whether they are outdated or not. To do so
- Open the File Explorer or My Computer
- Right Click on it and select Manage
- A window pops up on the screen, find the System Tools and click on it.
- Click on the Device Manager
- Now right click on any of the options from the list and check for driver updates in the driver tab.
- Update all the drivers
- Check whether your windows version is the latest or not.
- Go to start
- Then click on Settings
- After that Go to Systems and then About
- You can check your version under Windows specification.
All the above steps will help you in solving the WDDM Service Running error. Further, if you are facing the same problem after applying this solution then go to solution no. 2.
Solution 2: Make the WDDM Service Automatic
- At first, go to the ‘Start’ menu, and click on the Windows icon.
- Serach for the ‘Control Panel’ option, and click on it.
- Select the ‘Adminstrative Tool’ option from ‘Control Panel’.
- There you can see the option of ‘Services’, just click on it.
- Now you have to find out the ‘WDDM Service’from the list.
- Right-click on the ‘WDDM Service’ option, and choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Then go to the ‘General’ tab, and select the start up type to ‘Automatic’.
- Now apply it, and restart the service.
WDDM service running error can be solved if you know what exactly is causing the error and what is the right solution to it. If you want to solve the error then the above steps will definitely help you to troubleshoot this issue easily. And if in case, you are facing any kind of situation, where you are unable to perform these steps. During that time the troubleshooting process then, you can get our QuickBooks support and can start a discussion regarding this topic for easy understanding.