- May 21, 2020
- Posted by: Olivia
As you know Quickbooks has multi-user mode available. In multiuser mode, your entire business team member can work on the same company file. And whenever a team member needs any information regarding company files or wants to chat with team members. They can chat at a time using Quickbooks messenger. So let’s see how to enable chat in Quickbooks…
How To Enable Chat In Quickbooks
If you want to enable chat in Quickbooks. Then you can chat by using Quickbooks messenger. And Quickbooks messenger is automatically activated when you start working in multi-user mode. So when you start working in multi-user mode you can see Quickbooks messenger inside Sys tray. You can also disable Quickbooks chat by switching QuickBooks multi-user mode to single-user mode. So let’s see how to enable chat in Quickbooks…
- Open Quickbooks desktop software
- Now click on the Company menu
- Then you have to click on Chat with the coworkers
- And then you can see Quickbooks messenger window on the screen
- You can see the green Admin icon represents as you are online. And you can also make it as offline by click on Do not disturb option
- Just right of online status, you can see the Start Chat option.
- Click on it to chat with others. A new tab will be open where you can send and receive messages.
- And if you are login as Administrator, then you can send a message globally, by clicking on Action> >Send a message to the logged-in user. And you can also close the company file for all users by clicking on Action>>Close company files for the user.
- You can also disable and determine how notification appears on your window. Simply click on the Settings and enable and disable by checked and unchecked boxes and click Ok button.
How To Disable Chat/ Quickbooks Messanger
- Open your Quickbooks desktop in multi-user mode
- Sign in as an administrator in Quickbooks
- Click on the File menu from the menu bar and then click Utilities
- Now you can Disable Quickbooks messenger by click on it.
- After that log, out from the company file and again login to see disable chat in Quickbooks.
Quickbooks messenger is helpful for Quickbooks users. Those who are working in multiuser mode and work on the same company file. And if anyone has any doubt on company file records data then he can immediately chat with coworkers. So its good to know how to enable chat in Quickbooks. As we have already explained how to enable and disable chat in Quickbooks. So follow the steps and enjoy using Quickbooks messenger.