Last Updated on March 5, 2021 by Editor Team
Oh no it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reasons !!! – have you got the error message while performing a subscription for your QuickBooks Desktop? Don’t get panic, this error is known as the QuickBooks subscription error. Today’s article is all about this.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
In this article, we are going to know the answer of why, and how. We mean to say, why this subscription error occurs, and how can a user fix QuickBooks subscription error easily. So let’s start the blog;
- Reasons, Signs, & Solution for QuickBooks Subscription Error
- What are the Reasons Behind the Subscription Error in QuickBooks Desktop
- How QuickBooks Subscription Error Appear in your Screen
- How to Fix the QuickBooks Subscription Lapsed Error
- Final Words
Reasons, Signs, & Solution for QuickBooks Subscription Error
We have given all the details in a manner, go step by step, and fix the problem in a minute.
What are the Reasons Behind the Subscription Error in QuickBooks Desktop
- Improper internet connection setting is one of the reasons for this error.
- If you have made any changes in your credit card, and bank accounts, but not in the QuickBooks then it may affect the QuickBooks through this lapsed problem.
- Maybe are using the old version of QuickBooks Desktop, but the version needs a new update.
- You have a damaged window file in your system, which is another main reason for this subscription error.
How QuickBooks Subscription Error Appear in your Screen
QuickBooks subscription error appears with some signs and message, have a look, what are the signs, and messages.
- You will not be able to perform a subscription for the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And you will get different types of error messages on your screen;
- It seems that your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed.
- QuickBooks sorry it looks like your subscription has lapsed.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Subscription Lapsed Error
QuickBooks subscription lapsed error occurred due to different reasons, that you have got from the above. So here we have given the solutions according to the reasons for the error. Follow the procedure, and troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible.
Solution 1: Update the Billing Info
Update your billing information, if you have changed your credit cards or account recently. It is necessary to update the payment information because you have attached these cards, and accounts for the QuickBooks subscription. Learn, how to update the payment details for the subscription.
- First of all, you need to login to CAMPS (Customer Account Management Portal).
- Here you need to put your email Id or the user ID to continue with it.
- After successfully logged into the management portal, go to the ‘Products and Services’ section to select the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Then go to the ‘Billing Information’ section, and click the ‘Edit’ option.
- Now update, whatever you changed, and save it by clicking the ‘Save and Close’ option.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, and go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- There you can find the ‘Manage My License’ option, just click on it.
- And at the last, click the ‘Sync License Data Online’ option.
Solution 2: Install the Latest New update of QuickBooks
Install or update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version, and run the QuickBooks with the new advanced features. Then check that the QuickBooks subscription error is still occurring or not.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
In some cases, a damaged Windows file does not allow QuickBooks Desktop to online service. So, in this case, you can use the QuickBooks tool hub for this error. Read the following steps, to run it.
- Download QB tool hub, and open it.
- Select the ‘Installation Issues’ tab from the tool hub.
- Repair the Windows file by using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to run the QuickBooks.
This solution was a common method for all types of installation errors. Well, it is not an installation error but indirectly connected with the installation issues of QuickBooks. So you can try it if there is an installation error in QB.
Solution 4: Restore the Product & License File
During the installation of QuickBooks Desktop, it saves a file into the hard drive that file contains the product, and license info. If you find any error in this file then it may be a reason for this subscription error. So you need to restore the file to fix the problem. Follow the procedure to restore it.
- Keep your product, and license information, and close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ start button.
- Enter ‘Run in the search bar, and select the ‘Run’ option.
- Go to the location ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- If in case, the folder doesn’t open then, try to locate this C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.
- Now search for the .ecml file, right-click on it, and select the ‘Delete’ option.
- To ensure it, click the ‘Yes’ option.
- Open the QuickBooks company file, and register the QuickBooks again by following the on-screen instructions.
- The product and license details will be needed during this registration process.
Solution 5: Recheck the Internet Connection Settings
If any one of the provided solutions does not give you the result against the subscription error then check the internet connection settings. You can follow the below ways to check the internet connection.
Open a web browser, and launch a trusted site of the bank that you connected it with QuickBooks for the subscription on the web.
Scenario 1: If the Site Open
If the site is not visible on the web, and you haven’t got any updates from QuickBooks then get help from your internet service provider by directly calling them.
Scenario 2: If the site Doesn’t open
If the site is visible to you, then follow the procedure:
- Go to the ‘Help’ menu, and choose the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ option.
- After that, you can see the option of ‘ Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.’ just click on it, and select the ‘Next’ option.
- Click the ‘ Advanced Connection Settings’ option.
- Go for the ‘Advanced’ tab, and restore the advanced settings.
- Click ‘Ok’, and the ‘Done’ to confirm it.
- And update the QuickBooks Desktop for one more time.
We hope, now you will not get the subscription lapsed error in QuickBooks. We have given all the tested, and possible solutions to this error, hope you like it. Still, if you are not able to fix the problem through all the above solutions then you need to ask for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the exact, and instant troubleshoot solution.