Last Updated on by
When you work in Quickbooks accounting software. Then it stores data files in the form of QBM. This QBM file used for portable backup purposes. So when you will try to open this file. Then you will see Window message, how do you want to open this file or window is unable to open this file. Because QBM files need Quickbooks software to open it. But today we tell you, how to open a QBM file without Quickbooks.
Well, it’s not hard to open the QBM file without Quickbooks. But if you don’t know about it. Then it’s difficult for you. So let’s follow steps to open the QBM file without Quickbooks.
What is QBM File In Quickbooks
QBM file is Quickbooks company files that have a special format. When you work in Quickbooks accounting software version 2006. And create any company file. After creating a company file. You will store some company financial data into it. This financial data file or company file store in the Quickbooks database as QBM extension. And this QBM extension file can’t be open without Quickbooks. But before going to explain, how to open QBM file without Quickbooks. We will discuss different types of file extensions in Quickbooks. Let’s see below…
Types of QB file And Difference between QBM, QBW, and QBB file
There are 3 types of file extensions in Quickbooks. Like QBM, QBW, and QBB. we will discuss it briefly below…
QBW File extension: QBW file is a real company file, that has all the financial information of your company. And this type of files are very important for your computer system.
QBB File: when you backup your Quickbooks files then it will backup and save in the QBB extension file. Its a regular backup file, that is more important than QBW files. Because this file included the TLG file.
QBM File: QBM files are used for sharing between your colleagues and office workers. This type of file is small in size than QBW files. And it contains only 20% of the QBW file. Because in exclude indexing from this file so that when you restore it. Then you will get complete data. That’s why it’s ideal for sharing Quickbooks data.
How To Open QBM Files Without Quickbooks
Most Quickbooks users prefer the QBM file to share between colleagues. So let’s see how to open QBM files without Quickbooks.
- You have to open the company file in your QB desktop.
- Now you have to click on the File tab from the Menu bar
- And click on the Open Tab to open the file.
- Now if you don’t find the Company file, then you can click on the Browse button and choose the QBM file extension and click on the Open button.
- Now you have to change Single-User Mode from the File tab
- Next, you need to click on the File tab and choose the Export option
- Then you have to click on the Send Report To A New Excel Document and click on OK
- Then you will see your company file open in Excel spreadsheet
- Now you have to click on Save As and save it with a unique name
- Select the file location path and click on Save
We hope this method will work well for you. But if you still face any problem regard open Quickbooks file without Quickbooks then follow the below steps.
Steps To Open QBM Files Without Quickbooks in Excel
- Open you computer system and go to the Start button. And go to the All program, now you will see a list of all programs. You have to search for Intuit and click to launch this app.
- Then you have to select a Quickbooks company file. That you want to export from your Quickbooks. Right-click on the company file and select open. If it will ask login information. Then fill the user name and password and click enter. After getting access you need to choose the customer center.
- Then you have to choose the excel option to import the QBM file to excel. Then you have to click on EXport excel. Now you have to specify the file name and location for the store this file. And then you have to select on the Export button.
- Now if your excel file is out of date. Then you have to select it again and import the file. If you don’t want to face any error then use Excel 2010 or later version.
- Now you have learned how to import Quickbooks file. Now you have to click on Tab data. And then go to the tab other resources.
- Then you need to search for the QBM file that appears in the window to open the QBM file without Quickbooks.
- Congrats, now you have learned how to open a QBM file without Quickbooks.
We hope you have learned how to open the QBM file without Quickbooks. In the same process, you can apply to the QBW and QBB files to open without Quickbooks. So if you still face any kind of problem regarding Quickbooks. Then comment below we will bring a solution for you in the form of a blog on our website.