Last Updated on by
Hey! Are you wandering for the solution that ‘How can you open QuickBooks file without QuickBooks?’ Well, if yes, then it is not so difficult to do, because every problem has a solution, stay on this platform to get your answer.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Here in this blog, you will be able to open any QB file without QuickBooks. You just have to follow some procedure to do it. So let’s start:
QuickBooks accounting software has different types of files with different extensions like .QBW, .QBB, .QBM, .QBX, .QBA, .QBW.TLG, .QBA.TLG, .QBY, .IIF, .ND, and .DES. But generally we always discuss about the .QBW, .QBB, and . QBX file. So here we will know, ‘how to open these three files without QuickBooks?’.
Methods to open different QuickBooks File without QuickBooks
How to open qbw file without QuickBooks?
QBW (QuickBooks for windows) is an important file for QuickBooks which associated with the QB money management software to store the letters, images for your company, and the financial data also. To open the file follow the below procedure:
- Go to the ‘Start’ button, and search for the ‘Intuit’ option from the ‘All Programs’ list to open it.
- Then select that QuickBooks company file that you want to export from the QuickBooks.
- Open that company file by right-clicking on it.
- Now fill out the username and password to access the company file.
- Then choose the customer center.
- Its time to import the qbw file to excel by clicking on the excel option, then on the ‘Export Excel’ option.
- Then give a file name and destination where you need to save the file, and click on the ‘Export’ option.
- The file will be open, if in case your file version has expired or out of date, then again go to the Excel file and import that file. To perform this activity you need the MS Excel 2010, and the latest version.
- After the file importing, go to the ‘Data’ tab and click on the ‘Other Resources’.
- Now its time to open the qbw file without QuickBooks, to check this search for the qbw file in the window. If the file is not visible in the window then search for the file.
- After finding the file, you will be able to open QuickBooks file without QuickBooks.
How to open qbb file without QuickBooks?
QBB file is the created backup file of QBW file, that’s why it is important than the QBW file. If you want to open this file without QuickBooks, then follow the below steps:
- From the QuickBooks Desktop go to the ‘company file’ option and click on the ‘File’ tab.
- From the ‘File’ tab select the ‘Open’ option to open the file.
- Then browse for the company file by using the .qbb extension.
- Click on the ‘Open’ option.
- After that go for the ‘File’ tab and select the ‘Switch to Single-User Mode’ option.
- Now choose the ‘Export’ option from the ‘File’ tab, and click on the ‘Send the Report to a New Excel Spreadsheet’
- And lastly, click on the ‘Ok’ option.
How to open qbx file without QuickBooks?
QBX is the transfer copy of the QuickBooks company file. You can’t use the file directly, if you want to change it, or to open QuickBooks file without QuickBooks then you have to convert it to QBW file.
- To open qbx file without QuickBooks at first, you have to open the ‘Excel’.
- After that select the Import option from the ‘File’ menu and click on the ‘From Other Sources’.
- Now choose the .qbb file from the import page, and convert the QB file to excel.
- Then search for the QBB file and open it.
To convert ,QBX file to .QBW file:
- Open file (QBX or QBA).
- After opening the file go for the ‘File’ menu and then click on the ‘Send Company File’ option to choose the ‘Accountant’s Copy’.
- Then click on the ‘Convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW’ and then on the ‘OK’ option.
- After that choose that place on your system where you need to save the file, and click the ‘Save’ option.
- At last, go for the ‘OK’ button.
We hope, that the steps mentioned above for the ‘opening of QB file without QuickBooks’ will helpful for you. If in case, you are not able to follow any steps then you can get our help through our QuickBooks support number or you can comment us in the below section.