Last Updated on October 14, 2021 by Editorial Team
Hey! Are you wandering for the solution that ‘How can you open QuickBooks file without QuickBooks?’ Well, if yes, then it is not so difficult to do, because every problem has a solution, stay on this platform to get your answer.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Here in this blog, you will be able to open any QuickBooks file without QuickBooks. You just have to follow some procedures to do it. So let’s start:
QuickBooks has different file extensions for different files like .QBW, .QBB, .QBM, .QBX, .QBA, .QBW.TLG, .QBA.TLG, .QBY, .IIF, .ND, and .DES. But generally we always discuss about the .QBW, .QBB, and . QBX file. So here we will know, ‘how to open these three files without QuickBooks?’.
Methods to Open Different QuickBooks File Without QuickBooks
Here in the below, we have provided the solutions to open.QBW, .QBB, .QBX files without QuickBooks. But before going for the procedure it is crucial to know the difference between these three QuickBooks Company files. Because taking the wrong step can be a very big issue in the feature. So here we have a table, and you can know the difference between these three files.
Difference Between .QBW, .QBB, .QBX File
|.qbw File||.qbb File||.qbx File|
|File Type||Company File||Backup File||Accountant’s Copy File|
|Function||This is the working data file of QuickBooks, and it plays an important role in QuickBooks.||This is the regular backup file of QuickBooks, with all the backup data stored in the .qbb file.||This QuickBooks file extension holds all the Accountant’s copies, which are using in QuickBooks.|
Now you can proceed for the procedure, ‘Open QuickBooks file without QuickBooks’.
How to Open qbw File Without QuickBooks?
QBW (QuickBooks for windows) is an important file for QuickBooks which is associated with the QuickBooks money management software to store the letters, images for your company, and financial data also. To open the .qbw file follow the below procedure:
Step 1: Open QuickBooks Program
- Firstly, click on the “Start” / “Windows” tab and then click on “All Programs”
- Then scroll to the folder named “Intuit” and open the folder and then click on “QuickBooks” program
Step 2: Launch the ‘Customer Centre’
- QuickBooks users are supposed to select the company files that are to be exported from the QuickBooks software
- Click on the “Open” icon and type in your user password
- Click on the “Customers”, “Vendors” or “Employees” tab that you will see on the top
- Lastly you need to click on the “Customer Centre” after selecting it
Step 3: Import the .QBW File to Excel Format
The “.QBW” file has to be imported to an excel format document. In order to do this go through the procedure given below
- Select the “Excel” Option from the top of the screen
- Then click on “Export Excel” option.
- You need to save this file and save it giving it a name and a location
- Lastly, click on the “Export” tab
Step 4: Export the File
- This exported file has to be opened in the previous version
- You need to choose this excel file again before importing it and in order to do this you have to compulsorily choose a 2010 or any higher version of Excel
- If you want to open or access the QBW files without quickbooks, using latest version of Excel is suggested
Step 5: Locate the File
- Click on the “Data” option after the file is imported
- Then select the “Other Resources” option
- Recognize the “.QBW” extension file which comes on the window’s screen and redirects.
- If you are unable to locate the “.QBW” extension file or if it is not displaying on Windows you can search it on the device
Step 8: Access the File
- When you successfully locate the file, select the new QBW file and access it
- With the help of this step, you can access or open the QuickBooks software without using it
How to Open qbb File Without QuickBooks?
QBB file is the created backup file of QBW file, that’s why it is important than the QBW file. If you want to open this file without QuickBooks, then follow the below steps:
- From the QuickBooks Desktop go to the ‘company file’ option and click on the ‘File’ tab.
- From the ‘File’ tab select the ‘Open’ option to open the file.
- Then browse for the company file by using the .qbb extension.
- Click on the ‘Open’ option.
- After that go for the ‘File’ tab and select the ‘Switch to Single-User Mode’ option.
- Now choose the ‘Export’ option from the ‘File’ tab, and click on the ‘Send the Report to a New Excel Spreadsheet’
- And lastly, click on the ‘Ok’ option.
How to Open qbx File Without QuickBooks?
QBX is the transfer copy of the QuickBooks company file. You can’t use the file directly if you want to change it, or to open the QuickBooks file without QuickBooks then you have to convert it to a QBW file.
- To open qbx file without QuickBooks at first, you have to open the ‘Excel’.
- After that select the Import option from the ‘File’ menu and click on the ‘From Other Sources’.
- Now choose the .qbb file from the import page, and convert the QB file to excel.
- Then search for the QBB file and open it.
To Convert ,QBX file to .QBW file:
Convert.QBX file to. QBW file by following the below procedure:
- Open file (QBX or QBA).
- After opening the file go for the ‘File’ menu and then click on the ‘Send Company File’ option to choose the ‘Accountant’s Copy’.
- Then click on the ‘Convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW’ and then on the ‘OK’ option.
- After that choose that place on your system where you need to save the file, and click the ‘Save’ option.
- At last, go for the ‘OK’ button.
We hope, that the steps mentioned above for the ‘opening of QuickBooks file without QuickBooks’ will be helpful for you. If in case, you are not able to follow any steps then you can get our ProAdvisor support through the helpline number +1-877-355-0435.