‘QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020″: WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE’ is the error message of QuickBooks event log error 4. If you are facing the same error message on your screen during the use of QuickBooks then you should read this article till the end to get the complete solutions, and details of the error code.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-855-422-5334.
This is an event log error code of QuickBooks, so it is important to troubleshoot the error code as soon as possible. then, let’s start the blog;
Error Message that will Pop Up on Screen During the Issue
The significant reason for QuickBooks Error 4 is the happening of issues with .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 in the Microsoft Windows 7 working framework. Different causes that can prompt QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 are :
- Integration manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open.
- QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”. Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.
Other Recommended Articles:QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2022: What’s New in It
QuickBooks Desktop 2022: New Changes in Features, Plans & Pricing
QuickBooks Error 557 (Fix the QuickBooks Update Error)
What are the Causes of this Event Log Error
The main cause of this error is the occurrence of issues with .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 in Microsoft Windows 7. And there are other causes also which are :
- Damaged or ruined QuickBooks file.
- The framework is contaminated by a virus or other malware.
- QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Window registry Error.
- A program has been erased by QuickBooks documents.
How could you realize that Event Log 4 Error 4 has happened
There are the symptoms by which you can realize the QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 :
- QuickBooks event id 4 error message display on the screen.
- QuickBooks crashes or freezes.
- Windows or QuickBooks works gradually.
- When Windows crashed.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Event log Error 4
Follow these steps to fix QuickBooks Event log Error 4 :
Solution 1: Reinstallation of .Net Framework
There may be problem in .Net Framework, so to resolve the problem you have to reinstall the .Net Framework on the windows. To do the following you have to follow the steps:
- First Log into QuickBooks Desktop account.
- Then open the control panel by
- Open the Run in windows by pressing the windows key with R.
- After opening the Run, Type Control in the box
- Enter and the control panel will open
- Open the program and Feature Window or Add or Remove the program.
- In the installed program list, Search for .NET Framework 4.0.
- Right-click on the .NET Framework 4.0 and click on uninstall
- Complete the uninstall process and restart the PC
- Now after restarting the PC, open the run again by pressing Windows and R key.
- Now again open the control panel.
- Open the programs and feature window and click on the Add remove feature tab on the left side of the window.
- Expand the .NET Framework so that Microsoft .Net 3.5 is visible.
- Check the first and second options.
- Now click “Ok” to install.
- After installing press the finish button.
- Now Restart the PC.
This will definitely solve the error. But somehow the error may be showing again then follow the second procedure
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To solve the QuickBooks error follow the below steps :
- To do so first download QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Install it
- Follow each and every instruction while installing the software.
- After installing, run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Before running you have to close all the programs.
- Restart the PC.
- Now check whether the error is still occurring or not. If the error is still occurring then reinstall the QuickBooks.
- But make sure to backup all the company files before reinstalling.
- To reinstall you have to have the installation CD with the license key or the setup with the license key.
Solution 3: Use the Clean Install Tool to Reinstall the QuickBooks software.
With the help of the Clean Install Tool, you can resolve the damaged functions of QuickBooks Desktop software. You have to follow the below steps to run the Clean Install Tool.
- First of all, you have to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now you have to open the tool from the download folder of your system.
- After that, you have to complete the installation. While performing the steps displaying on the screen.
- Now you have to end all the application processes running on your system.
- After that, you have to run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and then wait for the process to end.
- At last, you have to Restart your system.
After following any of the above steps you will definitely get the solution. Make sure to follow each and every step point by point but if still, you are getting the QuickBooks event log error 4 then can get help through remote access from our QuickBooks experts to get instant help.