In this blog, we are going to know, ‘How to convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop?’. Are you excited to get the solution to this query? If yes, then hurry up, and read this article carefully.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
As we know each and every person has their own choice, like that, QuickBooks users have their own choice to choose the QuickBooks product. In some cases, the users want to convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, and it is very important to perform the converting process carefully. To make it easy, here in this blog, we have provided the solution to convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop. So, let’s begin the procedure:
- Procedure to Convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop:
Procedure to Convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop:
Here in this procedure, we have to go through 5 steps to convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop. Remember that, follow all the steps carefully, otherwise, you may face the problem of data loss. So let’s start the process:
Change the Security Settings in Internet Explorer (IE):
It is a very important step to convert from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop easily. So follow all the steps carefully:
- First of all, open your system, and right-click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ icon.
- After that, you can see an option of ‘Internet Explorer’, again right-click on it, and choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the menu.
- Now go to the ‘Tools’ settings icon and then on the ‘Internet’ option.
- Click on the ‘Security’ option, and then on the ‘Trusted Sites’.
- After that choose the ‘Sites’ option, and enter *.intuit.com and *.qbo.intuit.com in the ‘Add this website to the zone field.
- Uncheck the ‘Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone’, if it is not unchecked yet.
- Then close the Trusted sites window, and uncheck the ‘Enable protected mode’.
- Now ‘Apply’ it, and click ‘Okay’, and at last, leave the Internet Explorer, and open it.
The setup of the Internet Explorer security settings method is completed now.
Set Up the QuickBooks Desktop:
To export successfully, set up the QuickBooks desktop:
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon, and right-click on it to select the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Visit the ‘File’ menu, and choose the ‘Close Company’ option.
- Now leave the QuickBooks desktop, and open it after complete all the steps.
Prepare the QuickBooks Online Data for the Export
Follow the below steps to set up the QuickBooks Online Data for the export:
- Login QuickBooks Online, and go for the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Then select the ‘Export data’ option.
- Now you have to put the reason that ‘Why you are exporting this?’, and then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Select the ‘Learn More’ option from the ‘Moving to QuickBooks desktop’ section.
- Again select the ‘learn more’ option from the ‘Download company data’ section.
- Click on the ‘Get started’ option.
- After completing it, click on the ‘Install ActiveX Control Now’ option, & follow the steps to install ActiveX, and then go for the ‘Continue’ option.
- Now its time to choose the data you need to export, then click the ‘Continue’ option.
- In the next step, review the limitation, and click the ‘Continue’ option again.
- At the last, put the contact info and the go for the ‘Continue’ option.
After completing all these things you will get an email to export. Now let’s proceed for the next process to convert the QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
Export the Data from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop:
Start exporting from QuickBooks Online:
- From the ‘Setting’ tab of QuickBooks Online’, click the ‘Export Data’ option.
- Now repeat the same steps of the above ‘Prepare the QuickBooks Online data for the Export’.
- Put the reason for exporting, and select ‘Continue’.
- Select the ‘Learn More’ option from the ‘Moving to QuickBooks Desktop’ Section.
- Then from the ‘Download company data’ section, and click the ‘Learn More’.
- Choose the ‘Get Started’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Continue to Download’ option from the Exporting from QuickBooks Online page.
Switch over to QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, and ensure that, you are on the ‘No company open screen’ if you have a company open.
- After that, click on the ‘Close Company’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- Then back to the QuickBooks Online, and choose the ‘Download’ option.
- Save the file by selecting a location, in the ‘Save your company file window’.
- But do not choose the Desktop of your Windows.
- After the complete download, click on the ‘Convert Now’.
- Select a location to save the file, and give the name of the file in the save your company window. Choose a location on your local computer.
- After the complete export process, click on the ‘Finished’ option.
- The export process may take some time to finish, don’t do anything during the process.
If in case, the status bar is not shown to move :
In this case, check the QuickBooks Desktop, for an application certificate, follow the below steps to perform this:
- From your Desktop windows, or taskbar open the QuickBooks Desktop. The application certificate will appear automatically.
- Select the ‘Yes, prompted each time’ option, on the application certificate, then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Done’ option from the confirmation window.
Check the Exported information is correct or not:
- Use the loss and profit report to check the exported data.
- Run one report in the QuickBooks online and compare it with the same report in QuickBooks Desktop.
If in case, the report are not matched, then follow the below steps:
- From the QuickBooks Desktop, visit for the ‘File’ menu.
- Then select the ‘Close company’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- And repeat the step to export the data from Online to Desktop again.
- Again check the exported information is correct or not.
We tried our best to put information in this blog, by which the QuickBooks users can convert the QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop. Hope, you like this blog and will be able to perform these steps. Still, if you have any problem, then you can get support from our Accountwizy ProAdvisors through the toll-free number +1-877-715-0222.