‘How to merge accounts, customers, & vendors in QuickBooks Online?’ – In this blog, we are going to the solution to this question. If you are interested to learn about this topic, then stay connected with us.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Procedure to merge Accounts, Customers, and Vendors in QuickBooks Online:
Here in the below we have provided the merging process of accounts, customers, and vendors in QuickBooks Online. Have a look:
How to Merge Accounts in QuickBooks Online
Merge accounts in QuickBooks Online by following the below steps. But before that, it will be good to know that, the process is a irreversible process, you can merge two accounts at a time, and the type of two account must be same. So, let’s proceed for the procedure:
- Navigate towards the ‘Settings’.
- Below the ‘Setting’ tab choose the ‘Chart of Accounts’ option.
- Discover the account you wish to pick and hit edit from the ‘Action Column’ drop-down.
- Write Name & the detail type and verify that the sub-account option is selected or not.
- If yes then remember the parent account linked with it.
- After that, choose the ‘Cancel’ option to get back on to the ‘Chart of Accounts’.
- Locate account which you don’t wish to use and choose Edit located in drop-down button named Action
- Input the name, detail type & select is sub-account as suitable. Check that the sub-accounts are connected to the same parents account to merge easily
- The permission is not granted to merge if the parent accounts contain existed sub-accounts
- Choose save and select Yes
How to Merge Customers in QuickBooks Online
Merging a customer in QuickBooks Online means that, deleting of a customer from the list. You can merge a duplicate customer in QuickBooks Online by following the below process:
Points to know before merging a customer in QuickBooks Online:
- First delete the customer’s statement, if you want to do this.
- The customer cannot be merged if it is listed in the sub-customer.
- Always keep it in your mind that, all the sub-levels of customers you want to merge are the same.
Steps to merge customers in QuickBooks Online:
- First of all, go to the ‘Sales’ and select the ‘Customers’ option from it.
- Then choose the customer name that you don’t want to use.
- And then click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Now enter the other customer’s name in the ‘Display name as’ field, and click on the ‘Save’ option.
- Lastly, confirm it by clicking on the ‘Yes’ option.
How to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Online
To merge vendor in QuickBooks Online, here are the steps in the below, just follow the steps. But before that, make sure that you has been copied or saved all the important information over to the name you are going to merge.
- Go to the ‘Expenses’ menu and click on the ‘Vendors’ option from the list.
- Now select the vendor name that you don’t want to use, and click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Then make an identical to the vendor you are merging it with, by changing the title, first name, middle name, last name, and suffix.
- And check that the name is the same as the display name
- Now you can save it and confirm it by clicking the ‘Yes’ option.
In this blog, we have discussed that, ‘How to Merge Accounts, Customers, and Vendors in QuickBooks Online’, hope this article provides you the solution. This blog is an important blog for all QuickBooks users, so every QuickBooks users should read this blog carefully. Further if in case, you are unable to follow the steps then you can get support from our Accountwizy platform.