Have you accidentally created duplicate accounts in QuickBooks and searched for ways to solve this problem? There is a way by which you can easily merge accounts, customers, and suppliers in QuickBooks Online to get rid of this problem. By doing so, all data will be moved into one account which you want, and a duplicate one will be removed. By following some easy quick steps you can keep your accounts, customers, and vendors organized.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Procedure to merge Accounts, Customers, and Vendors in QuickBooks Online
Check out the whole process of merging accounts, customers, and vendors in QuickBooks Online. Follow the procedure given below:
Merging Accounts in QuickBooks Online
You can merge two accounts at a time and the type of two accounts must be the same. Also, merging accounts in QuickBooks Online is an irreversible process and the accounts connected to online banking can’t be merged or deleted. Now, so let’s proceed with the procedure:
- Navigate towards the ‘Settings‘.
- Below the ‘Setting‘ tab choose the ‘Chart of Accounts‘ option.
- Discover the account you wish to pick and hit edit from the ‘Action Column‘ drop-down.
- Write Name and the Detail Type and verify that the Is sub-account option is selected or not.
- If yes then remember the parent account linked with it.
- After that, choose the ‘Cancel‘ option to get back on to the ‘Chart of Accounts‘.
- Find out the account that, you want to edit. Go to the ‘Action‘ drop-down, and click on the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Input the Name, Detail Type & select Is sub-account as suitable. After that, verify all the sub-accounts are connected to the parent account.
- The permission is not granted to merge if the parent accounts contain existed sub-accounts
- Choose Save and select Yes.
Merging Customers in QuickBooks Online
Merging a customer in QuickBooks Online means that, deleting a customer from the list. You can merge a duplicate customer in QuickBooks Online by following the below process.
Points to know before merging a customer in QuickBooks Online:
- First delete the customer’s statement, if you want to do this.
- The customer cannot be merged if it is listed in the sub-customer.
- Always keep it in your mind that, all the sub-levels of customers you want to merge are the same.
Steps to merge customers in QuickBooks Online:
- First of all, go to the ‘Sales‘ and select the ‘Customers‘ option.
- Then choose the customer name that you don’t want to use.
- And then click on the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Now enter the other customer’s name in the ‘Display Name‘ field, and click on the ‘Save‘ option.
- Lastly, confirm it by clicking on the ‘Yes‘ option.
Merging Vendors in QuickBooks Online
Before merging vendors in QuickBooks Online, make sure that have copied or saved all the important information over to the name you are going to merge. Then, follow the below-listed steps.
- Go to the ‘Expenses‘ menu and click on the ‘Vendors‘ option from the list.
- Now select the vendor name that you don’t want to use, and click on the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Then make an identical to the vendor you are merging it with, by changing the title, first name, middle name, last name, and suffix.
- And check that the name is the same as the display name
- Now you can save it and confirm it by clicking the ‘Yes‘ option.
By combining transactions and removing duplicate accounts you can stay organized and track your finances. It is very beneficial for your business for maintaining data. This will help in making bookkeeping easier by speeding up your bookkeeping. So stay ahead of all by cleaning up your list. Follow the above procedure for merging accounts, customers, and vendors. In case if you are facing any kind of issue, you can talk to our ProAdvisor at +1-877-355-0435.