Last Updated on March 16, 2021 by Editor Team
QuickBooks server busy error occurs when we are working on the QuickBooks Desktop, the error message displays on the screen. As we know that the QuickBooks Desktop is accounting software, which is used for many operations in businesses. So it is necessary to keep them updated. Sometimes the server busy error occurs due to the outer programs running in the background of the Desktop. To resolve the issue you have to follow some of the steps.
What are the causes of the QuickBooks server busy error?
- The other programs working on a QuickBooks Desktop are waiting for the feedback.
- Check that the windows update is running on the system or not.
- The programs which are running in the background are not properly closed when you have shut down your system.
- Some of the software or firewalls are blocking the QuickBooks Desktop update.
- Due to the impact between the QuickBooks update manager and other programs of the system.
- May your network did not have many resources to run Quickbooks Desktop.
Some of the steps to resolve the QuickBooks server busy error
First, you have to check the network resources and then you have to open QuickBooks Desktop. Now you have to proceed with the following cases.
Case 1. Close down all the programs
- First, you have to check all the programs that anyone is open or not. Then you have to make sure that there is any dialogue box asking you to save or not because this is one of the cases that shows the server busy error.
- Some of the programs Norton, vista security, and windows defender are the reasons to show server busy error.
- If you are using selective startup in windows then you have to stop intuitFCS.
- Webroot spy sweeper may be the cause of showing the error message. You have to disable the Webroot spy sweeper while using a QuickBooks desktop.
Case 2. Check the update for the windows
You have to check that the windows which you are using in your system are updated or not. If it is not updated then update the windows and restart your system and try to work on a QuickBooks desktop. And if it is already updated then you have to move to the next case.
Case 3. Close all the components that exist in the QuickBooks desktop
- First, you have to close your all data file and then exit the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that right-click on the Windows taskbar and click on the task manager.
- Then select the process tab.
- Now finish the process which is listed below
- Now you have to restart your system and open the QuickBooks Desktop
Case 4. The QuickBooks agents showing the server busy error remove them.
- First of all, you have to go to the windows start button and select the all-program setup.
- Now you have to right-click on the QuickBooks update agent and select delete and click the delete shortcut.
- Now you have to turn off the shared update in QuickBooks Desktop. You have to follow the steps to perform the turn-off.
- First, you have to navigate the help menu and click on the QuickBooks update.
- Now go to the options tab.
- Select No for shared download
- Now click the close button
Case 5. Run reboot file
If the program has not been resolved till now, then run the reboot.bat file.
Case 6. Download clean install tool
- The user needs to download and save the QB Clean Install.exe file.
- The user should agree or accept the license for the latest QuickBooks version.
- Now when the QuickBooks clean install tool has been installed, then double click on the icon and open the tool hub.
Case 7. Run clean install tool for the QuickBooks Desktop
First, you have to completely uninstall the QuickBooks desktop. In case you’re having an intuit proseries installed on your system, then you have to rename it. Here XXXXX stands for the intuit proseries
- Then you have to go to the task manager for the qbpsevntXXXXXr.
- Now you to open the Windows explorer
- Now you have to locate the intuit proseries folder and open it. Which is usually the C:\ProWinXXXXX.
- Now you have to open the 32bit folder.
- Now you have to locate the qbpsevntXXXXXr.exe and rename it.
- Now you have to add the .old at the end of the file name like qbpsevntXXXXXr.exe.old
- Now you have to shut down the window explorer
If the cases which have been discussed above is not successful then try the IT professional
- To start the QuickBooks Desktop you have to boot windows to the safe mode with networking.
- Now you have to run the QuickBooks Desktop in safe mode. You have to make sure that you have closed the intuitFCS.
- When you are running the QuickBooks Desktop on the network, then you have to restart your system and try to reconnect your system to all mapped drives.
- In case the security software is running in the background of your system, then it will block the QuickBooks Desktop software. So kindly disable the security software and still, it shows an error, then contacts admin from where you have purchased the software.
In the above article, we have discussed the server busy error, which occurs in the QuickBooks Desktop and tries to give you the best solution for the server busy error, but in case if you find any problem, you can contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor expert. They will give you the best solution regarding your concern.