Last Updated on January 7, 2021 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks Error 108 message appears on your bank website while working with QuickBooks. Are you worried to see this error? Don’t worry here you will find a better way to fix this error Quickly. Because of QB error 108, you have to face many problems like you can not download the latest transactions and unable to do any other work related to banking.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
As you know very well while using any software users have to face many unexpected errors and they can’t unable to do works on computer/PC. But with QuickBooks software, users face some errors such as 108 errors known as banking error.
Error 108 is known as banking Error in QB software. So you should fix the QB 108 error Quickly. Without taking too much time read below instructions to get rid of QB error 108.
What are the Reasons, & Solutions for QuickBooks Error 108
Read the following, and know what are the reasons, solutions, and signs for the 108 QuickBooks error code.
Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Banking Error Code 108
- Login bank account with invalid username and password
- Cause of old version of QuickBooks needs to new version QB software
- Deleted records of the downloaded exchange
- Internet connection problem
- Firewall Setting Problem
How to Identify the Error
The QuickBooks error 108 can be detected easily through its error messages. Apart from that, here in the below, we have given some of the signs to identify it easily.
- QuickBooks Error 108 appeared on the screen
- QuickBooks is not Working
- Computer/system works slow
Solution to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 108
QuickBooks error 108 massages on your bank website that requires some action from you such as error notification, firewall set up, and etc. Here we have given different solutions for the error code, have a look:
Solution 1: Check for the Messages on your Bank’s Website
Check for the messages on your bank’s website, so that you can rectify the error with the appropriate solution. Generally, the messages are about the terms of service, new offers, and the announcement of the maintenance.
- First, login to your credit card or bank account website with the same login credential.
- And go to the notification section to verify any kind of updates or messages.
- If there is any kind of message regarding this issue then, go to the notification, there you can find the specific steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Turn off the web browser’s pop-up blocker if you are unable to see the notifications.
Solution 2: Update Bank Connection in QuickBooks
Update the bank connection in QuickBooks, to get the bank update. Here we have given the update procedure for the both QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Self-Employed.
Update Bank Connection in QuickBooks Online
- First, login for QuickBooks Online.
- Then visit for the ‘Transaction’ menu, and ‘Bank’ menu.
- Click the ‘Update’ option.
Update Bank Connection in QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Go for the QuickBooks Self-Employed Login.
- And go to the profile, and choose the ‘Bank Accounts’ option.
- At last, click the ‘Refresh All’ option.
Solution 3: Scan for the Error
- First of all, check the internet setting.
- Click on Command Option withholding keys Ctrl+Shift.
- Enter the permission dialog box, click on the yes option.
- The black screen will be open on the desktop.
- Type SFC/Scan, and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- This step takes some time for scanning by system file checker can fix QB error 108
- After scanning follow screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 4: Check the Firewall Connection
- As the administrator, you need to login into your computer
- Check QuickBooks Version is up to date or not
- Check firewall connection set-up that blocks access to the QuickBooks company file.
In this article, we discussed a way to fix QuickBooks Error 108 which is also known as a banking error in QuickBooks software. One thing always remember don’t ignore any error notification without reading the notification message. It helps you to get rid of that problem. Basically, the error generated due to some causes as mentioned above. At last, we hope now you are able to fix the QuickBooks error 108. Still, if you have any kind of issue to fix the problem then, find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the best troubleshooting solution.