Last Updated on August 14, 2020 by Editorial Staff
While using Quickbooks multi-user mode many users get an error message displaying QuickBooks error h202 – This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting. and this common Quickbooks error display a message file is stored in another device.
This means in a network QuickBooks is unable to connect with that computer which contains company files. If you are also not able to access your company file in a network then don’t get panic, here we are with the solution for QuickBooks error h202, just read the blog, and get more knowledge regarding the error.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
- Signs, Causes, and Solutions for QuickBooks Error H202
Some important things to consider before you start fixing this multi user switching problem:
- Your computer should be able to communicate with the desktop server.
- Server not blocked by firewall software
- The server’s IP address is available to the QuickBooks desktop.
- QuickBooks database server manager is working correctly
- Check any QuickBooks file do not corrupt and damaged
Signs, Causes, and Solutions for QuickBooks Error H202
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code H202
Before resolving any problem we must need to understand what are these causes behind it, If you also want to know what are the causes behind this QuickBooks company file issues, then don’t worry bellow we mentioned all possible causes.
- The server blocked by firewall software to multiuser connection
- QuickBooks software needs some file help connection
- Database Server Manager isn’t operating
- required a fast internet connection
- The setting of DNA might be the wrong setup
- Unable the QB to get an IP address
- Hosting setting incorrect
- Software needs to update
- Wrong settings of proxy and server name.
Signs of Error H202 in QuickBooks
Symptoms alert us something wrong if you want to know about symptoms of error H202, then don’t worry bellow we mentioned all possible signs that you may notice with your QuickBooks accounting software.
- Computer not working properly
- The current files are automatically closed
- QuickBooks software not response
- File not open in the placed computer
- File not found cuz of less space
- Limited connectivity problem
- Device not ready to do that task.
- The network path problems
How to fix QuickBooks Error H202
Method 1: Hosting company file by own network with window server essential R2
Check the server version
- On the server computer, go for the START menu, and click on it.
- After that, click on SETTING then choose SYSTEM AND THEN ABOUT
- Now you can see the server version listed in the about section.
- Do you operate window server 2012 essential R2 if the answer is “yes” then follow part (B) and © but if answer No then follow Precaution(2).
Note: while solving errors, you should sign in your server as a user with permission of admin.
Check QuickBooks Database Server Manager Download & Install, it help multiuser network stable.
It is an important step, it helps to stable the multi-user network:
- You need to restart server computer
- Then click on START MENU
- After it, click on RUN or search Run in the Search box or press WINDOW+R
- In the open box write services.msc then Enter
- Now Base Filtering Engine option you need to select it and right-click and Stop.
After completing Part A & B ends the connection of workstation only for a few time.
Scan QuickBooks Company Files
- Click start menu then search QuickBooks database server manager and open it
- After it, you should choose the folder of your company files otherwise you can search your company folder in the search box
- then you should click on START to Scan
- After completing the scan you need to Close this
- now you can restart connection of your workstation
- first click START menu-> RUN open it->type services.msc->Enter
- In the service list select Base Filtering Engine
- And then Right-clicks on it and starts.
- if you still show an error dismiss this and choose Start.
- Now Check window firewall on the service list running if yes its best otherwise -> to run Window Firewall right-click on it ->Click Properties-> to restart window Firewall click Start.
Now you will be surprised to see no error display on your computer after the following steps. you will happy to get rid of QuickBooks Error H202. you can work without any trouble. But if you still in the same condition then apply precaution 2 to fix QB error.
Method2: To fix Error H202 by using any operating system follow these given solutions.
Check Internet Property
- Stop all hosting operative stations
- Changed all server name from work stations
- Then Changed server name and press enter key
If you notice that one factor wrong or a slow answering, it implies that the network should be repaired. during this case, follow 2nd solution.
Use Network Diagnostic Tools
- Transfer network diagnostic & Install network diagnostic tool
- Scan the folder where data files are kept
- If there’s Associate in Nursing Open Ports button at intervals the Firewall standing section, Click the button to vary those ports for QuickBooks
- Check to open company file data or file connectivity
- In the event that the H202 still discovered mistaken determination, arrange to add the QuickBooks port to the discharge list within the Windows Firewall
QuickBooks Firewall Ports info
- (1)QuickBooks Firewall Port (2016) 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- (2)QuickBooks Firewall Port (2017) 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- (3)QuickBooks Firewall Port (2018) 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- (4)QuickBooks 2019 haven’t any Firewall Ports.
The Ports mechanically update after it, you scan the organization go in the network info server management tool. When facing QuickBooks Error h202 and try the next solution.
Find the placement Of QuickBooks Server Info in a very Windows Host File
- Windows host file is found in drive c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
- Apply this methodology to the pc wherever you’re receiving the QuickBooks Error code h202
- Browse windows host file location as shown on top of
- Right-click on Windows host files and choose open with the choice and select pad of paper
- Scroll to an all-time low of the host file and sort the informatics Address of the server
- Press tab once and sort QuickBooks Server name
- Press CTRL+S to save the changes on the host file and shut the note pad.
This methodology sometimes helps to eliminate the h202 error QuickBooks once making an attempt to open a company file.
Change The company File Location
- Make a new folder to position your company goes in, mainly place in drive ‘c’ on your laptop
- Select the company file and additionally the individual
- Do separate TLB FILE from the prevailing company folder
- After that press ctrl +c from the keyboard to repeat
- Goto the company’s folder
- press ctrl+v to paste the company’s file
- Open the go into a multi-client mode
After this solution 4, that error h202 remains happening then you need to follow continuously.
Restart the QuickBooks info Server Manager tool
- Press the right button to open the Window Menu.
- Presently type services.msc in it and
- Press Enter to open the QuickBooks Services Manager.
- Right-click to stop QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and choose Stop
- Right-click and choose At that time shut the window to start out
- Show unknown files of varieties
- Right-click the Windows begin fasten and choose Explore – > Tools – > Folder choices
- Click the read tab and clear ‘hide extensions’ for the “known document varieties.
- Again click the read tab and choose Show hidden file and organizers, clear the ‘operating system file’.
- Press ‘Yes’ on the notice and OK
- Close Windows Explorer.
Delete and Create New .ND Files
- Goto In Windows search bar, type *.ND and press Enter
- In the Results of a window, click the right button of the mouse on the.ND document and click on ‘Erase’
- Confirm delete once aks
- Presently click the Windows begin button
- Select All Programs – > QuickBooks – > QuickBooks info Server Manager
- Snap the ‘Sweep Folder’ tab
- Press ‘Yes’ on the notice and OK
- Close Windows Explorer
- Select the company record and press the ‘OK’ button. The thanks to the organization record are within the Folders with QuickBooks company file field
- Click ‘Output’ to begin the filtering procedure
- When the output is finished, press Close button.
Install and Use the QuickBooks Repair tool
Still, If you are unable to get rid of the error H202 in QuickBooks. It simply means that your company file is harmed and needs to fix this. Thus without wasting any more time, download the Repair tool of QuickBooks Software. and Use it to remove all errors from the company file or your QuickBooks application at once.
Repair QuickBooks in Windows Control Panel
- At first, close all the computers connected to the network.
- And go to the All Program windows control panel to repair the QuickBooks at the same time.
- Open windows control panel, and click on the ‘Programs and Features’ tab.
- Now from the list, select QuickBooks, and then click on the ‘Change/Repair’ option.
- Allow the QuickBooks to make some changes to run the QuickBooks perfectly.
- Now update the QuickBooks in the latest version, and check the error code is appearing or not in all computers.
We hope, you enjoy the blog, and now you are able to fix the QuickBooks error h202. Still, if you have any kind of doubt regarding this blog or you need any kind of help to perform the steps accurately, then you can get our ProAdvisor support at any time and anywhere.