Last Updated on October 18, 2021 by Editorial Team
QuickBooks error 101 is also known as QuickBooks Online banking error code. It generally, occurs due to the synchronization problem between the bank account, and QuickBooks. We can solve this problem with different solutions. Here, in this article, we will discuss the reasons, signs, and solutions of the QuickBooks bank error 101.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
- What is Quickbooks Online Banking Error Code 101
- What are the Signs & Reasons for the QuickBooks Banking Error Code
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 101
- The End Line
What is Quickbooks Online Banking Error Code 101
In order to synchronize bank data into QuickBooks, it needs valid bank detail so that it can easily communicate with bank servers and synchronize data.
But sometimes the user sees a message during a bank transaction importing ”QuickBooks is trying to fix connection error on this bank, you should try later”. Or you can also see the error message like ” It seems your online banking is not working right now, try again after some time”.
What are the Signs & Reasons for the QuickBooks Banking Error Code
Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Online Error 101:
- Incompatible programs run at the same time
- Make sure your bank account is active or running
- Wrong internet explorer setting configured
- You never update your .Net framework, ActiveX and Java in your system
- Error in banking server
- Third-party antivirus blocked to communicate QuickBooks to the server.
Signs to Identify the Error
- As you know run time error occurs without warning.
- Some dialogue box show again and again.
- While accessing QB files are not showing or appearing
- QuickBooks not connected with banking properly
- Internet speed will be slow.
When you face a 101 QuickBooks errors or other errors then you should first wait for few minutes to resolve it automatically and then close the active programs. And you should shut down and restart QuickBooks in safe mode.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 101
In the below, we have provided different types of solutions to fix the online banking error in QuickBooks, go for the solutions. Here we want to say one thing that, there is a problem called QuickBooks runtime error 103. This error has also the same solutions. So, if you are also facing the same problem then you can try all these solutions for the problem.
While operating QB software if you found run time error related to QuickBooks error 101 or 103 many others then you should follow a simple procedure.
Solution 1: Check Internet Connection
- Open your browser
- In internet browser visit google
- If you get a message internet connection is not available
- Then reset the setting of the internet connection
- After it, check again bank transaction.
Solution 2: Wait for Few Minutes
- After reset internet connection QuickBooks take time to update transaction of your back.
- In QuickBooks, click on Banking under banking sector then click Update
- Then try again to connect the bank.
Solution 3: Deactivate the Record
- Open QuickBooks then select Account
- Next, click on Records and unchecks snaps
- Select that record where you caught this error
- After some time on the snaps according to setting based
- Then click on Deactivate download
- Next, you should save this
- After it, recheck records affected or not
- At last Shut Down QB.
Solution 4: Remove QuickBooks Password
Mostly person uses a simple password for everything but this is not good for secure data that’s by always use strong passwords(including special character, lower, upper case and numbers, symbols) and a different password for all.
- First, you need to open the Finder
- Then second, select Application under the application
- Next, select a utilities
- After then, you have to click on Keychain Access
- Set category and Login to password
- After it, you have to delete those entries related to QB
- Now you can close the keychain tab now you can again open QB online.
Solution 5: Refresh your Bank Account Online
- For upgrading your bank account you need to first open Account
- Then you need to open New and choose Account Type
- Enter bank name and continue to follow the instruction as per screen
- After it, go to Action and select Account found Window
- Choose correct records in the type segment
- Then click on continue and Finish snaps
- Repeat it for each bank to be refresh.
Solution 6: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Create a new folder and transfer all file’s data in the new folder’s file
- Click Start>All program> QuickBooks accounting software
- Then you need to search QuickBooks database server manager
- After that, verify it in the folder
- Then scan these and after completing shut down PC.
- After performing all the above-mentioned steps to create a company file restart your computer and open your file again.
Solution 7: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
You can also run the QuickBooks file doctor to fix the error. Follow the procedure to fix it:
- Download and install QuickBooks tool hub.
- Then click on the Company file issue tab and select QuickBooks file doctor to run.
- Now select your company file and click Ok
- Then click on Continue to automatically resolve this issue
- If the error persists then use the Network error tab and run the tool
- You will definitely resolve your issue.
The End Line
So this was the article, about the QuickBooks error 101. We tried our best to provide information to you. Hope you like it, and now you are able to fix the problem own self. Still, if you are unable to troubleshoot this error code then, you can get help from our Accountwizy ProAdvisor for an instant response.