In a Quickbooks multi-user mode while trying to open the company file in another system some users report Quickbooks error 6177 and this error shows a message, the file is required to open from that computer where it is located. If you also use Quickbooks in a multi-user and get this error code or problem then, read this post carefully by reading this post, and following some points you can easily fix this error.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Some Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6177:
The following reasons for occurs this QuickBooks error, we will explain here:
- The malware infection virus
- Problems of the file path or when the file corrupted itself
- When QuickBooks files are accidentally deleted from the system
Other Recommended Articles:How to Create Journal Entries in QuickBooks Desktop
How to fix QuickBooks Microsoft .NET Framework Errors
QuickBooks Licensing (Add a User License to QuickBooks Desktop)
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6177
If you get This QuickBooks error 6177 and you want to fix it so follow all the steps to the end of this article. And this article has given some Important common solutions to fix this QuickBooks error, By following this, you can easily solve this error of your system.
- Move the company file
- Update the version of QuickBooks software
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Fix file path manually
Soluton1: For Move the company file
- First of all Open the Windows Start menu on your server system or workstation.
- Then go to the search bar and type File Explorer, then open the File Explorer.
- After that Search and open your QuickBooks company file or folder. You can also press F2 then you can get the location QuickBooks.
- Then Find your company file ending with QBW extension, like this: [company name].qbw.
- Then write the drive name and location. You can later put the file back here.
- Then move your company file from this folder to your system in the C drive. Only move the file, not the whole folder.
Create A Portable Company File And Restore It To The server
- Open the QuickBooks software on your system and move your company file.
- Then select and Open or restore an existing company.
- After that Go Browse and open the company file and moved your system in C- drive.
- Then make a portable company file. This creates a portable version of your company file that also resets your file location data.
- Then select the File menu and select Quit QuickBooks software. Then open QuickBooks again.
- After that go to the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Then Select Restore a portable file and select Next.
- Then find the portable company file that was created by you and select it. Then select and open, click on the next.
- To restore location-Select that drive when you originally transferred from your company’s file.
- Then select and save. This puts your company’s files back on your network/location.
- Then go to the File menu and select Quit QuickBooks.
If You still face this QuickBooks error 6177 then Go to the next solution
Solution 2: Update The Version Of QuickBooks Software
If you already have the latest version of QuickBooks, then make sure Your QuickBooks update.
- Go to the web page and update for the latest release version of QuickBooks software.
If You still face the problem then Go to the next solution.
Solution 3: Run The QuickBooks File Doctor
- First of all, download the QuickBooks file doctor and use it.
QuickBooks file doctor will scan and clean your company file. This also refreshes the location of the company file
If this QuickBooks file doctor fixes your problem, then make sure to back up your company file.
If You still face this QuickBooks error 6177 problems then Go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Fix File Path Manually
Find Your ND File:
- First of all, open the File Explorer on your server system and search your QuickBooks company folder.
- Then Find your company file ending with nd extension, such as- [MyCompanyFileName].qbw.nd.
- After that right-click on this ND file and select for Delete. Don’t worry, it won’t affect your accounting data.
Configure The QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- If you have not QuickBooks database manager Then download and install it.
- Then open the Windows Start menu on your system, go to the search bar and type Database Then open it.
- After that select the QuickBooks folder holding your company files.
- Then select it and start the scan.
- After the completed scan, select Close.
- Then set your folder permission to share QuickBooks company files.
- Then Open QuickBooks software on your system. And check that everything is fixed or not.
By following the above-mentioned solution carefully you can easily fix QuickBooks error 6177, But due to any reason if you are unable to fix Quickbooks error code 6177 and need additional help or assistance then in that care you can contact certified Quickbooks Proadvisor.