Whenever more than one QuickBooks users need access to the QuickBooks Desktop simultaneously, then we need to add a user license to QuickBooks or to an additional license to QuickBooks. For those who are in this situation, this article will be very helpful. Yes, here in this article, you will be able to know about the QuickBooks licensing and can know ‘How to Add a user license to QuickBooks Desktop’.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Before proceeding with the procedure, let’s know something about the QuickBooks Licensing or the QuickBooks Desktop License :
If you are planning for the additional license in QuickBooks Desktop, then 5 users can be allowed in QuickBooks Desktop Premier. And in the Pro version, allows up to 3 users to work on a QuickBooks company file. However, if you want to add more than 5 users for the QuickBooks company file, you need to upgrade your subscription to the QuickBooks Enterprise solution that allows up to 30 users to work on a single company file at the same time.
Procedure to Add a User License in QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the below procedures carefully, to add a user license in QuickBooks:
Find Out, How Many QuickBooks User Licenses you Have
- First of all, open QuickBooks, and press the ‘F2’ key from the keyboard.
- Now you can see a product information window will be appear in your screen.
- In the next step, note the listed number for User Licenses, in the upper left of the screen.
- Now repeat this process for each installation of QuickBooks.
Find the Current Pricing Detail for Adding Users to License:
- Open QuickBooks, and go for the ‘Help’ tab, and click on the ‘Manage My License’ and ‘Buy Additional User License’ option.
- After that, click on the link of Add Seats Online.
The next step is to purchase the additional user licenses for QuickBooks Licensing.
Purchase Additional User Licenses:
- Open QuickBooks first, and go for the ‘Help’ option.
- There you can see an option of ‘Buy Additional User License’, just click on it.
- If in case, the buy additional user license option is not available, then may be the QuickBooks already allowed maximum users.
- After clicking on the ‘Buy Additional User License’, a page will be open infront of your screen, which will show you two option to buy the license.
- QuickBooks licensing can be purchase through online or phone.
- If you want to choose the phone option, then a phone number will be provided to you to contact Intuit.
- And if you want to choose the Online option to purchase the QuickBooks license, then a page will be open in your screen choose the number of license you’d like to buy.
- Now install the QuickBooks Desktop on additinal computers according to the number of QuickBooks licenses you have purchased.
- Use the same product number and license that you have used during the installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- After the complete installation, activate the QuickBooks Desktop by following the prompts.
To Update Information of New License :
This process is optional, if you want to update the new license information then you can follow this process, easily:
- Go to the ‘Help’ tab, and choose the ‘Manage My License’ option.
- Then update the information of the new license number by clicking on the ‘Sync License Data Online‘ option.
Other Recommended Articles:Resolve Run Time Application QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
Recover QuickBooks Online Account, When you Can’t Login
How to Install the Updates for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Desktop
Common Queries Solved by our Accountwizy ProAdvisors
There are some common queries in the bellow, asked by users, have a look. May these queries help you to clear your all doubts regarding the QuickBooks licensing or regarding this topic.
Q:- How many Quickbooks licenses do I need to buy for use?
Ans:- There are the details are given below:-
1 License Seat = 1 User
You need one license seat for every person in your network who will be using QuickBooks Desktop. A license can include multiple license seats according to your need.
Let’s see with the example:- You can purchase a 3-user license for QuickBooks Desktop according to your need. In that case, the 1 license would cover 3 people who are using QuickBooks Desktop: 1 license with 3 seats for 3 users.
Note:- For your information all the QuickBooks Desktop licenses can support multi-user access.
Q:- In Quickbooks Desktop on How many computers can I install?
Ans:- If you can install a QuickBooks Desktop with a 1-user license on a primary and an additional computer. Then,
Here are the details of what the license agreement says to you:
You may install the Software for access and use solely by 1 specific person on the given
(i) 1 primary computer
(ii) 1 additional computer
For example:- A laptop or home computer that you own and use in your business that is for use by that same specific person.
So, here was the blog, to add a user license in QuickBooks Desktop. Hope you like it and collect some knowledge regarding QuickBooks licensing. Still, if you have any problem to understand this blog, then you can get ours from our Accoutwizy ProAdvisor support for an instant response.