Last Updated on December 1, 2020 by Editor Team
Hey! looking for the solution to tag transactions in QuickBooks online? Don’t worry, you are on the right platform. Here in today’s article, you will get the details to tag transactions in QuickBooks Online. Just read the blog till thend, without skipping any single step.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
Actually, tags are customizable labels that allow you to track transactions, but you can tag invoices, expenses, and bills as you wish. Group tags get together and run reports on how specific areas of your business are doing. They do not affect your books. Instead, they are a way for your team to track the information that matters the most to you. Now let’s come to the point, and follow the procedure.
Procedure to Tag Transactions in QuickBooks Online
The Procedure will be done in just simple 4 steps. Follow the steps, and complete the procedure:
Step 1: Turn on the Tagging Feature
Here, you need to tagging transactions that are available in QuickBooks Labs. Provide the details below which will help you to turn it on:-
- First, you need to go to the Settings menu and then click on the option of QuickBooks Labs.
- After that, you need to look for the Tags feature and then turn it on.
- And at the last click on the Settings option.
Step 2: Create Tag Groups
When you have to complete step 1 then, you need to start by creating groups to put tags into, the details are given below you need to follow these process:-
- First, you need to go to the Settings menu and then click on the option of Tags.
- After that, click on the New dropdown option and then choose the Tag group.
- And then, you need to give the name of a group.
- choose a color from the dropdown.
- When you’re done, then click on the option of Save.
Tags are customizable labels that allow you to track transactions, but you can tag invoices, expenses, and bills as you wish. Group tags get together and run reports on how specific areas of your business are doing. They do not affect your books. Instead, they are a way for your team to track the information that matters the most to you.
Step 3: Create New Tags and Tag Transactions
Here, provide the details that you can create tags while you’re working on a form, like an invoice or expense, you need to follow these steps carefully:-
- First, you need to enter the name of the tag that you want to create in the Tags field.
- Then click on the option of + Add.
- And then, select one of your groups to add the tag to it.
It can also create the tag and tags the form. And also if you want to add an existing tag to the form, then you need to simply enter the name in the tag field and select it.
Note:- You can add as many tags as you’d like, but you can only choose one tag per tag group.
Step 4: Get Insights from Tags
Below we provide the details that will help you to Run reports for tag groups to see how tagged transactions are performing:-
- First, you need to go to the Banking menu or Transactions menu and then click on the option of the Tags tab.
- And then, find a group on the list.
- After that, click on the Action dropdown menu and then click on the option of Run report.
When you completed above all processes then since groups have both money in and money out transactions, then you will see how everything in the group affects your bottom line.
Next Steps: Edit Tags and Tag Groups
Here we will provide the details of how to edit tag and edit groups, follow these given steps and complete this process
- Firstly, go to the Settings menu and then click on the option of Tags.
- And after that, you need to find the tag or tag group that you want to edit.
- Go to the Action dropdown.
- And then, click on Edit tag or Edit group.
We tried our best to make the procedure easy for you. Hope you like it, and now you can tag transactions in QuickBooks Online. If in case, you are unable to follow the procedure then you can get our ProAdvisor support for instant help at any time, and anywhere.