Last Updated on October 14, 2021 by Editorial Team
When you try to update your QuickBooks Desktop during the installation of QuickBooks then, you can see QuickBooks error 6010. Because the QuickBooks installer has been modified, and QuickBooks needs to be reinstalled in your system. So in this situation, you have to resolve this error. And if you will not resolve this error then you can face data damage or many issues in QuickBooks. So let’s first cause behind this error occurs. Further, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks error 6010.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
- Why the Users Experience the QuickBooks Error Code 6010
- How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6010- 2, 100
- Solution 1: Update QuickBooks
- Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Solution 4: Restore your company file
- Solution 5: Flip to Single User Mode
- Solution 6: Rename .ND File Extension
- Solution 7: Block Multi-user Hosting Access
- Solution 6: Reinstall the QuickBooks
- Wrapping Up
Why the Users Experience the QuickBooks Error Code 6010
There are several reasons due to which QuickBooks error 6010 arises, some of them are given below.
- Not connected to the .ND files and .TLG files.
- If you will use different antivirus software then see this type of error
- If QuickBooks files are damaged or corrupted
- The registry optimizing application present in your system which has deleted your QuickBooks registry files
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6010- 2, 100
Choose any one of the solutions from the below, according to your reason. And if you are unable to find out the reasons behind the error code then, you can try all of the solutions one by one. Once the problem shut out, do not go for the next solution.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks
If you are using the old version of QuickBooks then, update QuickBooks to the latest released version. This will make it easy to use QuickBooks with some advanced techniques.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, download the QuickBooks tool hub, and install it in a proper manner.
- Now go to the company file issue section, and run the QuickBooks file doctor.
- It will work automatically, and after that, you will be instructed by Intuit to complete the process.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Reopen the database server manager and click on open to open it and then, scan the company file.
- Now, select the start option and click on the All programs
- Then, you have to open QuickBooks and click on the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now, go to the scan folders
- If folders are not available then, click on the add folder.
- Now, scan on the files and try to open the files again.
- Login to company file and see if error code 6010 ix fix.
Solution 4: Restore your company file
- First you need to access the folder having your company file.
- Find the file with QuickBooks extension.
- Navigate to the desktop and again right click on the paste option.
- After that open QuickBooks when holding the Ctrl key.
- Next, you have to click on the open or restore an existing company
- Open the company file and check if the error will still exist or not.
Solution 5: Flip to Single User Mode
- Sign in to your system as an Administrator
- Now press ctrl + shift + Esc to open the Task Manager
- Now select the Users tab
- Mark every QuickBooks Process (EXE qbupdate.exe and QBDBM.exe)
- Now select the End Task in Multi-User mode
- After that, open the company file, and see QuickBooks error 6010 to be resolved.
Solution 6: Rename .ND File Extension
- First you need to find all the files having .ND extension.
- Open the file which has error 6010.
- Once you have to get all the files, make a right click on that file.
- Select the rename from the drop down menu.
- Then, add the old extension.
- Open the QuickBooks if the issue is fixed.
Solution 7: Block Multi-user Hosting Access
- Choose the file and open in the QuickBooks file menu.
- Then, choose the option stop hosting multi-user access
- If you have an ESET NOD32 antivirus application, then rename the file and add old as an extension.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks and check for QuickBooks error code 6010.
Solution 6: Reinstall the QuickBooks
- Go to the start
- Then, choose the control panel
- You need to click on the Uninstall a program
- Then you have to click on the QuickBooks and uninstall the software.
- Download and run the QuickBooks clean install tool
- Then, choose the QuickBooks version which you want to install and then, click on the continue.
- Choose ok and install QuickBooks.
- Finally open the QuickBooks again.
This error comes when you try to update their QuickBooks application. If you face this QuickBooks error 6010 then first you have to back up your company file data. So that if you lost any data during the error fixing process. Then you can easily get back your data. So, follow these above steps to fix your QuickBooks error 6010.
So this was the article, we hope you like it. And now you are able to fix the error code. Still, if there are any doubts regarding the error code then go for QuickBooks ProAdvisor for a satisfied solution. Thanks for visiting our Accountwizy platform.