Last Updated on by
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error which occurs while working with QuickBooks accounting software. This error code 80070057 is shown when you are trying to open a backup file in the QuickBooks externally by making a double click on it instead of using the programming, this error is more likely to arise.
In QuickBooks 2014, QuickBooks Accounts Manager creates the Company File, and when it tries to open it, the same file gets created with the same program. And it would not open up. Now every time you try to open the file within QuickBooks 2014, It throws an error message: ‘’the file was created in the previous version’’. On making a double-click on the file, an error message is displayed- Error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
It simply means that the Manager does not have permissions to access the Company File(read/write or delete the file). You don’t need to be panic as in this article we will provide you with some easy ways via which you can learn how to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057
QuickBooks small business accounting software is widely used for accounting purposes. Though this software is used by users worldwide, it encounters many errors every day. Out of these errors, one such error is QB Error Code 80070057. Any people raise a question regarding why this error code 0x80070 arises so often.
According to Intuit, the error 0x80070057 has many variations, each of them has different causes, of occurrence and solutions. Some variations can’t be resolved so easily.
Error Code 80070057: Variations
Error Code 80070057: “An unexpected error has been reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
Error Code 80070057: “Incorrect parameter” and “You do not have enough permissions to delete files.”
Error code 80070057: “the parameter is incorrect. An unexpected error reported while running QuickBooks with company file.”
Error: “80070057: Incorrect parameter” when you try to click on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
QuickBooks Error 80070057: Causes
The possible reasons behind QuickBooks Error 0x80070057 are as follows:
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file since the company file extension was altered.
- QuickBooks installation may be damaged.
- QuickBooks file extension for Windows is wrong: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx.
- When you are using a third party firewall which has not been configured for QuickBooks.
- When you open a portable file without opening QuickBooks.
- When you are working on a file located on USB flash drive.
- At the time of installation only, QB detects the damage in your company file.
- You are always opening the company file by double-clicking on it but you need to open the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop.
- You are trying to open a company file located in some other folder on a redirected desktop. The device is also not connected to the network.
- Bit Defender anti-virus barricades the uncommon ports when the data gets accumulated between devices.
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057: Symptoms
Here are some symptoms of QB Error 80070057:
- This error code frequently crashes the alert program window along with your PC.
- Windows runs in an unresponsive manner and responds slowly to external device input like mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer is frozen periodically for a fraction of seconds in the area.
- The QuickBooks error code 80070057 messages are shown on the screen at the time of program installation.
- The error arises when you start or shut down the windows.
- The Error occurs during the windows installation on the go system.
It’s good to keep a record of how and where your QuickBooks error code 80070057 takes place? It helps in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error.
How to fix QuickBooks error code 80070057?
In this article, we will further explain the possible solutions for QuickBooks error 0x80070057. This error code indicates that the user has not sufficient permissions to remove the files from the particular folder. IN this situation, make sure that you must have the read/write permission as well as create/delete rights in order to access the company file.
Quick Solution to Fix QB Error 0x80070057
- Whenever you open the company file either from a pen drive or flash drive, you must copy the file into hard drive first & then attempt to open the file in QuickBooks.
- If the error message appears during QuickBooks installation, you can uninstall, re-download & re-install the application and then try to open the file.
- You must check for the latest updates in QB, install them and get started.
- Try to open your company files within the QuickBooks application, rather than opening it by double-clicking.
- Just change the Firewall Rules to allow Ports pertaining related to QB.
- Configure anti-virus Bitdefender to allow QuickBooks Desktop communication.
- If the file corrupts, download & run QuickBooks doctor.
Some other solutions if above method does not work
Here are the best and effective solutions to fix QuickBooks error 0x80070057 whenever you get this error alert. It is suggested to take accurate and relevant steps to resolve the issues as soon as possible to get back on QuickBooks software.
Solution 1: Open the company file after opening the QuickBooks program
- By pressing the windows key on the keyboard, select all programs.
- Click the QuickBooks version that you are trying in order to open the company file.
- Now select the company files. Then click open in case your company file did not open automatically.
Solution 2: Configure Bitdefender for QuickBooks desktop communication
- First of all, choose antivirus from the Bitdefender 10.0 main menu.
- Now select the custom level.
- Click Exclude path from the scan.
- Press the new item button to browse.
- Click the mapped drive or UNC path to browse to the company file.
Solution 3: Rename the .nd file
- Open the folder.
- Search the corresponding .nd file of your company file.
- Select Rename and right-click on the .nd file.
- Type in .old at the end of the file name.
Solution 4: Using the QuickBooks database server manager, Rescan your file
- Press the windows key on your keyboard.
- Type in QuickBooks database server manager.
- Browse folder window to display and click on add folder.
- Select the folder from the location where your company file is stored.
- Click on ok.
- Click on Scan.
- Now re-open the company file after the scan.
Solution 5: Check the extension of the company name file
- Right click and open the properties of the company file.
- You need to choose QuickBooks tabs.
- Check the file name in the filename field.
- Make sure QuickBooks is last opened with the field.
- Click on ok.
Solution 6: Configure your firewall software
- Select firewall and internet security for the filename field.
- Select network access to see the required specifications.
- In order to set up your firewall for internet access to the QuickBooks files on all systems, you must go step by step.
Solution 7: Update QuickBooks version as per the latest release
- Select update to the latest release web page.
- Don’t forget to select the product.
- First, select and then follow the instructions as given by the update options manual updates automatic updates.
Solution 8: Open flash drive, copy the company file. Then paste it into the other folder
- Open the windows explorer while opening QuickBooks desktop App.
- Now open c drive and go to the file and right-click on it.
- Choose the new folder.
- Give a name to your new folder with anything like B restore and save it.
- Copy the companyfile.qbw and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks desktop. Browse to the new folder QB-restore.
- Click to open it.
We hope the above mentions steps and solutions help you fix the QuickBooks Error 80070057. Thanks for visiting.