QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error which occurs while working with QuickBooks accounting software. This error code 80070057 is shown when you are trying to open a backup file in the QuickBooks externally by making a double click on it instead of using the programming, this error is more likely to arise.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
In QuickBooks 2014, QuickBooks Accounts Manager creates the Company File, and when it tries to open it, the same file gets created with the same program. And it would not open up. Now every time you try to open the file within QuickBooks 2014, It throws an error message: ‘’the file was created in the previous version’’. On making a double-click on the file, an error message is displayed- Error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
It simply means that the Manager does not have permission to access the Company File(read/write or delete the file). You don’t need to be panic as in this article we will provide you with some easy ways via which you can learn how to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057
QuickBooks small business accounting software is widely used for accounting purposes. Though this software is used by users worldwide, it encounters many errors every day. Out of these errors, one such error is QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. Any people raise a question regarding why this error code 0x80070 arises so often.
According to Intuit, the error 0x80070057 has many variations, each of them has different causes, of occurrence and solutions. Some variations can’t be resolved so easily.
Error Code 80070057: Variations
Variation 1: Error Code 80070057: “An unexpected error has been reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
Variation 2: Error Code 80070057: “Incorrect parameter” and “You do not have enough permissions to delete files.”
Variation 3: Error code 80070057: “the parameter is incorrect. An unexpected error reported while running QuickBooks with company file.”
Variation 4: Error: “80070057: Incorrect parameter” when you try to click on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
What are the Causes for QuickBooks Error 80070057
Here we have listed some possible reasons for the QuickBooks error 80070057, have a look:
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file since the company file extension was altered.
- Maybe the QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QuickBooks file extension for Windows is wrong: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx.
- When you are using a third-party firewall that has not been configured for QuickBooks.
- When you open a portable file without opening QuickBooks.
- When you are working on a file located on a USB flash drive.
- At the time of installation only, QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file.
- You are always opening the company file by double-clicking on it but you need to open the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop.
- You are trying to open a company file located in some other folder on a redirected desktop. The device is also not connected to the network.
- Bit Defender anti-virus barricades the uncommon ports when the data gets accumulated between devices.
Signs to identify QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Here in the below, we have given some points, which will make you easy to detect the QuickBooks error 80070057:
- This error code frequently crashes the alert program window along with your PC.
- Windows runs in an unresponsive manner and responds slowly to external device input like mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer is frozen periodically for a fraction of seconds in the area.
- The QuickBooks error code 80070057 messages are shown on the screen at the time of program installation.
- The error arises when you start or shut down the windows.
- The Error occurs during the windows installation on the go system.
It’s good to keep a record of how and where your QuickBooks error code 80070057 takes place? It helps in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
To fix the QuickBooks error 80070057 we have some effective way, you have to follow them. And it is necessary to take step againts the error code because, this error code indicates that the user has not sufficient permissions to remove the files from the particular folder. So let’s proceed for the solution:
Manual Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
- Whenever you open the company file either from a pen drive or flash drive, you must copy the file into hard drive first & then attempt to open the file in QuickBooks.
- If the error message appears during QuickBooks installation, you can uninstall, re-download & re-install the application and then try to open the file.
- You must check for the latest updates in QuickBooks, install them and get started.
- Try to open your company files within the QuickBooks application, rather than opening it by double-clicking.
- Just change the Firewall Rules to allow Ports pertaining related to QuickBooks.
- Configure anti-virus Bitdefender to allow QuickBooks Desktop communication.
- If the file corrupts, download & run QuickBooks doctor.
Genuine Procedures to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Here are the best and effective solutions to fix QuickBooks error 0x80070057 whenever you get this error alert. It is suggested to take accurate and relevant steps to resolve the issues as soon as possible to get back on QuickBooks software.
Solution 1: Open the QuickBooks Company File Correctly
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, select the company file, click on the ‘open’ option.
Solution 2: Configure Bitdefender for QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- First of all, choose antivirus from the Bitdefender 10.0 main menu.
- Now select the custom level.
- Click Exclude path from the scan.
- Press the new item button to browse.
- Click the mapped drive or UNC path to browse to the company file.
Solution 3: Rename the .nd File
- Open the folder.
- Search the corresponding .nd file of your company file.
- Select Rename and right-click on the .nd file.
- Type in .old at the end of the file name.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press the windows key on your keyboard.
- Type in QuickBooks database server manager.
- Browse folder window to display and click on add folder.
- Select the folder from the location where your company file is stored.
- Click on ok.
- Click on Scan.
- Now re-open the company file after the scan.
Solution 5: Check the Extension of the Company File Name
- Right click and open the properties of the company file.
- You need to choose QuickBooks tabs.
- Check the file name in the filename field.
- Make sure QuickBooks is last opened with the field.
- Click on ok.
Solution 6: Configure your Firewall Software
- Select firewall and internet security for the filename field.
- Select network access to see the required specifications.
- In order to set up your firewall for internet access to the QuickBooks files on all systems, you must go step by step.
Solution 7: Update QuickBooks version as per the latest release
- Select update to the latest release web page.
- Don’t forget to select the product.
- First, select and then follow the instructions as given by the update options manual updates automatic updates.
Solution 8: Copy Company File to Flash Drive
- Open the windows explorer while opening QuickBooks desktop App.
- Now open c drive and go to the file and right-click on it.
- Choose the new folder.
- Give a name to your new folder with anything like B restore and save it.
- Copy the companyfile.qbw and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks desktop. Browse to the new folder QuickBooks-restore.
- Click to open it.
Solution 9: Run QuickBooks as an Admin
You have to run the QuickBooks as an admin or having sufficient permission t run the QuickBooks.
- Close all the programs, and also the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, right-click on the ‘QuickBooks’ icon to select the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Now the company file will be open automatically, if the file does not open automatically then, click on the company file and click on the ‘Open’ option.
Solution 10: Use Default Location for the Company File
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop, and browse the company file location.
- After that right-click on the .QBW file and select the ‘Copy’ option.
- In the next step, browse the default location, and click the ‘Paste’ option after right-clicking on it. The location will be: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files
- Now open the QuickBooks, and click the ‘Find a company file’ option.
- Now search the company file name from the local drives.
- Choose the correct one, and open the file.
Solution 11: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- At first, download the QuickBooks tool hub , and install it on your system.
- Then go to the ‘Fix company file issue’ and run the QuickBooks file doctor.
So this was the blog about QuickBooks error code 80070057, we hope, this blog will be informative for you all the time. Because in this blog we not only provided the solutions for the ‘parameter is incorrect’ problem in QuickBooks but also, given the information for the reasons for the error code, and some signs to identify the error. Further, if you have any doubts regarding this error code or need of any help to solve this error code then, you can dial our toll-free number +1-877-715-0222 to get the ProAdvisor support.