- August 20, 2019
- Posted by: Pragati Dixit
- Category: QuickBooks
A QuickBooks ProAdvisor is someone familiar with the QuickBooks product line who has joined the QuickBooks ProAdvisor software & exceeded a certification exam. There are 4 primary certifications: QuickBooks pro/premier, QuickBooks online, QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks enterprise solutions. Becoming a QuickBooks ProAdvisor is completely free as are all the look at substances and checks from QuickBooks.
You don’t need an accounting or bookkeeping background or any type of formal education to take the certification exam. To become a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor, you need to successfully pass a 55-question exam with a passing score of 80 percent or higher. Most people should plan to invest at least 12 to 16 hours of analyzing to prepare for the exam. You can take the exam multiple times if you don’t pass to your initial attempt.
Similarly, there are advanced certifications available for each QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop. Our focus is at the core QuickBooks online certification. If you are interested in studying more about the QuickBooks desktop certifications, you want to add QuickBooks desktop to Your ProAdvisor membership. For more details, head to the Your ProAdvisor Profile section.
The three steps to becoming a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor are:
1. Sign up for QuickBooks Online Accountant
The first step is to provide a few basic information to create a free QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) account. You’ll be requested to provide your:
- Email address (user id)
- First name
- Closing name
- Phone range
You’ll also be requested to create a password. No credit score card or other sensitive information is needed.
2. Prepare for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification exam
Once you create your QuickBooks Online Accountant account, you’ve access to all of the study guides, webinars (stay and recorded) and exams for free. Like several exams, you want to have a study in a good way to skip the examination successfully. The extensive training is broken up into seven modules, which are about 6.5 hours of time that you’ll spend watching the webinars and go through the observe courses.
I recommend downloading the observed course on your computer to follow along and take notes as you watch the webinar. If you may end a webinar in one session, this system will keep your development so you can pick up where you left off easily.
To access the educational materials and certification exams, log in to QuickBooks Online Accountant, click on the ProAdvisor tab on the left and training as indicated in the screenshot below:
The main topics protected in the ProAdvisor certification training are:
- Setting up clients: In this course, you learn how to select the right company settings, how to create new customers and companies, a way to create the chart of accounts and more.
- Supporting your small business clients: On this course, you learn how to manage customer payments, deposits to the bank, journal entries and more.
- Banking and tools: in this course, you discover ways to join bank accounts and credit card accounts to QuickBooks, the way to reconcile a bank account and recurring transactions
- Reviews: In this path, you learn how to edit, customize and run reports like profit and loss, balance sheet and income and rate reports.
- Managing your work: on this path, you research all about the practice management features in QBOA; you may set up projects and track them for QuickBooks and non-QuickBooks clients
- Preparing client’s books: in this direction, you may learn how to prepare a purchaser’s books for the year-end close
- QuickBooks solution for clients: on this course, you’ll learn how to determine which QuickBooks subscription is right to your customer
I also recommended which you have QuickBooks open. I’m a hands-on learner so, sometimes, I can pause the webinar and practice doing something that I simply discovered. In case you prefer live instruction, you can test the schedule for a list of all upcoming QuickBooks workshops. Before you attend a live workshop, make sure to download the study guides to your computer so you can follow along with the instructor. Both the stay and recorded webinars allow you earn continuing with professional training credit (CPE) that can be used to renew your certified public accountant (CPA), enrolled agent (EA) or certified bookkeeper credentials.
3. Take the QuickBooks Certification exam
You can access the QuickBooks certification exams within the same place where the training materials and webinars are located. There’s no cost to take the exam which has a complete of 55 questions, which might be broken down into seven sections. Of course, this will vary but it needs to take approximately two hours to finish all seven sections. I advise that you tackle the sections you feel the most confident before everything. Don’t underestimate the sections that have fewer questions the ones tend to be the most challenging.
You have to answer at least 80 percent of the questions in each section correctly to acquire your certification. You have 3 attempts to pass the exam. If you fail the exam three times, you need to wait 60 days earlier than you can attempt to retake it.
As a ProAdvisor who has been licensed for the last 10 years, I recommend that you have your observe guide open to the section of the exam that you are taking. Even as this is an open book exam, you do not want to spend a lot of time looking up solutions so make sure which you observe. You should also have QuickBooks open so you can access it easily if you need to.
In this blog, we tried our best to give all of you the subtleties identified with A way to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor in 3 Steps. That point gets the quick arrangement from our A way to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor in 3 Steps in Quickbooks Customer Service group. They are constantly prepared to investigate your concern whenever and anyplace through the QuickBooks support Customer Service telephone number. Finally, we recommend you to use A way to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor in 3 Steps Application.
- A Way to Fix ‘QuickBooks Unable to connect to Remote Server’ issue
- The way to repair QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- A way to Use Direct Deposit In QuickBooks
- A Way to run payroll summary report in Quickbooks online