Last Updated on February 24, 2021 by Editor Team
We face QuickBooks error 3000 status code while the financial exchange between the QuickBooks Desktop, and the QuickBooks Point of Sale, such as 3140, 3120, 3170, 3180, and etc. Today in this article, we are going to know about the different variations of the 3000 status code, and the procedures to fix 3000 status errors code in QuickBooks. Read the till the end of the article, and get the idea to fix the problem.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
- How to Fix 3000 Status Errors Code in QuickBooks Desktop
- Error 1: Employee Hours Status Code ‘3000’
- Error 2: QuickBooks Error 3100: It Needs to Close
- Error 3: QuickBooks Error 3140 and 3120 (The Invalid Account Error)
- Error 3: QuickBooks Status code 3412 (The Transaction Issue in QB)
- Error 4: QuickBooks Error 3170 (License Properties Error)
- Error 5: QuickBooks Error Code 3180
- The End Line
How to Fix 3000 Status Errors Code in QuickBooks Desktop
Here we mention some of the very common examples of QuickBooks POS 3000 error code and their possible troubleshooting solutions. We recommend that before you proceed, don’t forget to create a backup of your QuickBooks POS file and QuickBooks Desktop File and follow all the described steps with full care and attention.
Error 1: Employee Hours Status Code ‘3000’
3000 Error Code Message: The given object ID in the field “list id”: is invalid.
- If the employee is inactive or the track data is not set up properly in QuickBooks Desktop
- And, if QuickBooks Financial has an outdated patch.
- Set up track data time in QuickBooks Financial
- Inactive employee
- Update the QuickBooks to the latest released version.
Error 2: QuickBooks Error 3100: It Needs to Close
3100 Error Code message: QuickBooks has encountered a problem , and needs to close it.
This Error showed up if a customer or vendor is damaged or duplicated from either QuickBooks Point of Sale or QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 1: Find out the duplicate names.
Solution 2: Now Fix all the damaged customer (vendor) names.
Solution 3: Re-sort lists for one more time.
Error 3: QuickBooks Error 3140 and 3120 (The Invalid Account Error)
Message Code of 3140 & 3120: The account is invalid or of the wrong type
Causes: It appears, when your account is invalid or if you entered the account number incorrectly.
- First, you have to Open Your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Then you have to go to the File menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to Select Company.
- Go Under ‘Financial’, select Accounts
- Now you have to Check the Basic and Advanced tabs. Now you have to make sure the accounts are mapped in the right way, then select Save. (If the account name in brackets ([ ]) shows that the account is not mapped.)
- Now Run financial exchange.
Sometimes, we get the same error code for different variations. Here, QuickBooks error 3410 has also some variations. You can check the below, and can apply the solution for this particular error code.
Variation 1 for the 3140 error Code:
Error Message: There is an invalid reference in your QuickBooks AR/AP Account in the Receipt or Bill.
Causes: This Error showed up if the accounts receivable and payable in Point of Sale are mapped to incorrect accounts. The error you received will mention this incorrect setting.
- There is an invalid reference in your QuickBooks AR Account in the Receipt. The account for this transaction must be the type Accounts Receivable
- There is an invalid reference in your QuickBooks AP Account in the Bill. The account for this transaction must be the type Accounts Payable
Solutions: Run the Financial Exchange
- First, open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Now you have to go to the File menu, select Preferences.
- Now click on the Select Company.
- Go to Under Financial, select Accounts.
- Now you have to make sure the accounts are mapped to an account whose type is A/R and A/P respectively, then select Save.
- Now Run financial exchange.
Variation 2 for the 3140 Error Code:
Error Message: There is an invalid reference in your QuickBooks Account in the item Non – Inventory. QuickBooks error message showed: The expense account is invalid
Causes: This Errors showed up if the mapped item in the account of Quickbook Point of Sale is incorrect, or the item account is inactive or deleted in QuickBooks financial.
- In QuickBooks Financial you have to select the Lists menu, then select Chart of Accounts.
- Now Select Account at the bottom and then select Show Inactive Accounts.
Note: if it shows inactive, it has an X mark beside its name.
- Now you have to Select the X mark and right-click the account, then select Make Account Active.
- In the last Run another financial exchange.
Error 3: QuickBooks Status code 3412 (The Transaction Issue in QB)
Error Message: The customer has an overdue transaction.
Cause: This Error showed up if a preference set inside of QuickBooks Desktop not allow selling to overdue customers.
Follow the procedure to run the financial exchange:
- First, go to Edit then select Preferences.
- From the left side of the menu, you have to select Sales & Customers.
- Now you have to select the Company Preferences tab.
- Then you have to Uncheck the box of Do not sell to overdue customers.
- Now you have to select OK to save changes.
- Now Go back to Main QuickBooks Point of Sale and run a financial exchange
Error 4: QuickBooks Error 3170 (License Properties Error)
Error Message: There was an error that appears when you trying to change a vendor and customer list element in the QuickBooks software.
Cause: This error might show up on your screen if there is any duplicate name between QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution: Edit the Duplicate name
- Step 1. Check all the activity log in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software.
- Step 2. Edit the name of the customer or vendor in QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Step 3. Now Merge all the edited names.
Error 5: QuickBooks Error Code 3180
As we have told you above, sometimes the same error codes appear with different variations. Like that, QuickBooks error 3180 has some variations. Here we have clearly provided the details of the error code.
Different Variations of 3180 Error Code
- Status code 3180:- there was some problem with saving the General Journal Transaction
- Status code 3180:-QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have the vendor
- Status code 3180:-QuickBooks error message showed: The posting account is invalid
- Status code 3180:- Error Status message Showed: There was an error when you saving a Sales Receipt
- Status code 3180: Status message showed: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor
Why we face the 3180 error code
- If somehow the voucher is damaged.
- The account that was mapped on the item/s was incorrect when the sale was in process.
- the accounts that are linked to the item/s which is inactive.
- The account is deleted in QuickBooks Desktop Software
- There was an error when you saving a General Journal transaction and The Quick Book Software error message showed – A/P detail line must have a vendor.
- There was an error when you saving a General Journal transaction and The Quick Book Software error message showed – A/R detail line must have a vendor.
- Voucher is Invalidate
- Re-establish the voucher
- Run your financial exchange
- Also creates an improper installation of QB software
- Due to the vendor tax agency is not set up properly
- Occurs due to clutter of Windows registry into the windows system
Solution:1 You have to Recreate the voucher
- On the Point of Sale’s home page, if have to select Sales History.
- Then On the Receipt Type column, you have to select the most recent receipt tagged as Payout.
- Now go to I want to… ▼drop-down and then select Reverse.
- Now you have to Re-create the Paid Out using an account other than A/P or A/R.
Solution:2 Recheck the Accounts
- First, you have to analyze the list and then verify their QuickBooks accounts.
- Now you have to check any one of the selected items in Accounts Payable account details after comparing all further items in the given list.
- Now Make sure that you have mentioned all the account details in the correct form as typed under the basic heading, if you facing any kind of hurdle, Please contact QuickBooks support
- Now you have to undo the client account mapping into your software
- To do this, you have to prepare all the backup of your QuickBooks financial exchange.
- If you fail to do this or unable to fix this then you should navigate to the advanced tab option
- You have to make sure that all your accounts are genuine.
- Navigate all the QuickBooks financial exchange account chart.
The End Line
We hope now you have successfully troubleshot all the 3000 status error codes in QuickBooks during the financial exchange. We have tried our best to provide the exact reason and the exact solution to all the error codes, hope you like it. Still, if you have any problem to attempt the given solutions, or need help to troubleshoot these error codes then we will recommend you to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for the best response.