How To Undo Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online?
- February 13, 2019
- Posted by: Diksha Jain
- Category: QuickBooks
QuickBooks accounting software is one of the best accounting software in the world. Every business owner whether handling small business or a big organization, accounting and bookkeeping have always been so tough and boring. But using accounting software reviews, it has become quite easy and convenient. Here, we are going to discuss a simple way to delete or undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks.
At AccountWizy, our Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor can guide you through QuickBooks delete reconciled transaction or undoing reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) version of the software product.
Reconciling your accounts in QuickBooks lets you:
- Quickly spot fluctuations in income and respond accordingly.
- Take quick, informed and decisive actions when you see financial opportunities or possible signs of danger.
- Catch unseen bank errors that could cost you money, like a wrong total for deposit with multiple checks.
- Prevention of possible fraud by employees, accounting professionals or vendors.
Causes of Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Accountant
We will show you how to delete a reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) version of the accounting software product. QuickBooks Online Accountant gives you the ability to easily undo reconciliation without the need for manually editing individual transactions from within the register.
Some users may want to undo bank reconciliation records in QuickBooks because of one or more reasons, which are given below:
- The payment was recorded for an incorrect date.
- A transaction was properly checked off but later was found that it had not been cleared yet.
- The bank reconciliation was forced and now needs to be corrected in a systematic way.
- The bank statement date was entered incorrectly or does not contain an actual date.
In order to undo or delete reconciliation in QuickBooks online support, there are a few easy steps that will allow you to perform the task without consuming much time. Additionally, you can also get in touch with our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor at AccountWizy to assist you. To get assistance immediately, give us a call on our toll-free support phone number 1-877-715-0222.
Steps to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA)
- Open QuickBooks Online Accountant and sign in as an Accountant user.
- Select the client’s company file from the drop-down list.
- Click the Settings (gear-like) icon on the Toolbar, go to Tools and select Reconcile.
- Select History by an account on the Reconcile an account page.
- Select the Account and Report Period to locate the reconciliation you wish to undo.
- From the Action column, select Undo from the drop-down list.
- When prompted to confirm, click Yes.
- In the final confirmation window, select Undo and click OK.
That’s it! The reconciliation is now undone.
NOTE: Please be aware that undoing a reconciliation automatically reverses any reconciliation that comes after it chronologically, based on the Reconciled on the date.
How to delete reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Edition?
The QuickBooks Online edition reconciles transactions separately and must be reconciled one at a time. Let us show you how this can be done easily.
You can undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online edition through the steps given below:
- Open QuickBooks Online and choose Registers from the Banking menu.
- Select the account from the Register Name drop-down list.
- Click (or tap if using the touch screen) on the transaction you wish to undo reconciliation for.
- Delete the ‘R’ letter at the top of the transaction in order to change its rank to Unreconciled.
In case you plan to reconcile each transaction for a certain period, it is necessary that you first print a list of reconciled transactions using the Reconcile alternative from the Banking menu.
How to undo last reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop Edition?
Undoing last reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop App edition such as QuickBooks Pro or Premier is somewhat different. Thus, if you use any of these QuickBooks editions, we will show you how you can undo last reconciliation in a few simple steps, which are given as under:
- Open QuickBooks and sign in as an Accountant user.
- Select the company file and click Reconcile Now from the Banking menu.
- Click the Undo Last Reconciliation option.
If you still have problems with undo reconciliation in QuickBooks desktop and need QuickBooks Support, give us a call any time on our help desk phone number 1-877-715-0222 to get assistance from our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor instantly.
Let’s understand how to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks in detail…
Thus, it is concluded that undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online is available only for all those who have subscribed for QuickBooks Online Accountant. Reconciliation in QuickBooks desktop comes in use during payment transactions and accounting purposes. Because of delete reconciliation in QuickBooks Online, a financial accountant managing different files of payment and transactions is greatly benefitted using QuickBooks. It really helps accountants due to the feature of automatically undo reconciliations. It prevents the need to manually edit individual transactions present in the register.