Last Updated on July 28, 2021 by Editorial Staff
While using QuickBooks You may face the QuickBooks error h505. It occurs when you try to access or open a QuickBooks company file, which means a company file is located in another computer system on which there is no proper QuickBooks Installation and set-up. It can be seen in Windows XP to Windows 8 version. There will be an error message appearing on your screen which says “QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused”
In this article you will learn in detail about this error, the causes and symptoms and its solutions. From A to Z you will get to know everything about it. Make sure to read the article till the end and follow every step according to the given method.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
- Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
- Possible Reasons Behind the H505 Error Code in QuickBooks
- Steps You can Follow Before Troubleshooting
- Different Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
The QuickBooks error h505 creates some unignoring activities while using QuickBooks. Here are some of the signs of the error;
- An active software Window crashes with the incidence of errors code H505.
- Your system frequently crashes when the identical application is running.
- The speed of the windows gets slow and responds slowly to the inputs of the mouse and keyboard.
- Repeated freezing of the system for a few seconds.
- QuickBooks web hosting error message H505 appears on the screen.
- You cannot open the QuickBooks company file stored on the server.
- Multi user mode cannot be used.
Possible Reasons Behind the H505 Error Code in QuickBooks
There are several reasons which cause this error. Lets see one by one the possible cause of QuickBooks Error H505.
- .ND report is broken or the wrong without a functional.ND document, QuickBooks is unable to access the files on a network
- QuickBooks services QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor aren’t running
- The IP address of the server can’t be determined
- Website hosting is not configured properly.
- The server does not have to host mode became on
- QuickBooks firewall ports not configured properly. Communication among QuickBooks and server is not taking place due to incorrect firewall settings
- There are some errors with the DNS settings.
- QuickBooks files/folders are unable to scan with the database server.
- QuickBooks unable to trace the IP address of the computer.
Steps You can Follow Before Troubleshooting
We have mentioned some of the baby steps, that can be taken before trying applying any solution to fix the h-series error code H505.
- Can create a company file backup
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
- Check the compatibility of QuickBooks with Windows 10
- Run quick fix my program by using QuickBooks tool hub
- Run the QBDBSM
Check the issue is fixed or not after following the minor solutions. If still the error is not fixed yet then you follow the below procedures.
Different Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Here are some of the effective, and appropriate solutions to the error code. Check all of the solutions, till the issue is not fixed;
Solution 1: Verify Hosting and Services
You have to follow the below two steps to verify hostings and services in QuickBooks.
Step 1 : Hosting Verification on server
Follow the steps to host multi user access in QuickBooks:
- First open your QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the File menu and then click on Utilities.
- After that click on Host Multi-User Access On the listing(This Computer is not hosting the file. Proceed to another laptop.)
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi user Access then Select it.
- In the end Click on yes.
Step 2 : QuickBooks Services Verification on your server
- First make sure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor service is started.
- To do that Click on Start.
- Press Windows + R.
- Type service.msc and then press the Enter Button.
- Now the Service window has been opened. Find the QuickBooksDBXX Service.
- If you are unable to find the QuickBooksDBXX service then try this.
- Use the Database Server Manager after that try to affirm the Database Server manager which is also installed on the server.
- After that Start QuickBooks and choose and confirm that the hosting is enabled
- Now Select Automatic.
- Now Verify the Startup type and Service standing that they are started by double clicking QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now Click on the Recovery Icon.
- After that Select the Restart the Service option from the given menus.
- First failure
- Second failure
- Subsequent failures
- Select Restart from the Computer System Menu to automatically restart the QuickBooksDB Service when it fails.
- Select Apply and Click on OK.
- Now Repeat all the steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- In the end, open the QuickBooks in multi user mode on each workstation.
Solution 2: Configure Firewall settings
The second solution is to configure the firewall settings. To do so follow the below steps.
- Visit the start button on the display then click it.
- Type Control Panel within the search box.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Search for the Firewall Settings then open it.
- Go to allow software through Firewall.
- After this, select the upload program.
- Now, you are required to put into the listing of exceptions QuickBooks 20xx.
- Ultimately, restart your device in order that the modifications which you have made get implemented.
Solution 3 : Configure Port Settings
Configure the port settings to fix the h505 error code in QuickBooks:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Within the Control Panel window, visit gadgets and security.
- Now, open Windows Firewall.
- Look for the superior settings and pick them.
- On the left, visit Inbound rules and do proper-click on it.
- Select the New Rule then click in the guideline type.
- Click the TCP and specific local ports then you have to add the important QuickBooks ports.
- Click the subsequent button after completing the above step.
- In the window that looks, you have to select allow the connection a number of the alternatives given there.
- Select the next and now select the network type for applying this rule. In the case of network switching it is common, maintain and check all of the alternatives.
- Give a name to the rule after that click on at the finish button.
- Repeat the steps stated above for Outbound policies also.
- Check whether or not you are now going through the H505 error or not.
Solution 4 : Editing the Host File
Edit the host file by following the below procedure:
- Open Run at the server.
- Now, open Command set off with the aid of typing cmd in the Run window.
- Run the command “ipconfig /all”.
- Note down on a paper or text report the laptop call and IP address for all workstations and hosts.
- Close QB and go to This pc.
- Then, open C: WindowsSystem32DriversEtc or C: WindowsSyswow64DriversEtc.
- Now, open the Hosts report with Notepad.
- In this step, you have to input the pc name and IP address stated above. Do now not use the distance bar, but use the Tab key for separating the IP address and laptop name.
- After you’ve completed the above steps, apply changes and test for the QuickBooks errors H505.
Solution 5 : Using QuickBooks File Doctor
You can use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to solve multiple server problems which are occurring in your company file. To do that Firstly check whether QuickBooks is installed on your server computer or not. After that Download the QuickBooks file doctor and install and run it on the server.
It will automatically resolve all the errors up to the H -series and also multi-user errors.
That’s all about this article. Hopefully, you like this article. And now you are able to fix the issue ownself. Still, if you have any issue regarding this topic then you can talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisors for the satisfactory solution.