Last Updated on August 5, 2020 by Editor Team
Most of the time QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when you try to access or open QuickBooks company file, which means a company file is located in another computer system on which there is no proper QuickBooks Installation and set-up.
If you also get this error code while trying to open a company file and wany to know why system generates this error code, what are the possible methods to fix, and what kind of problem you may get due to this error then read this article. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179 to hire our team of Intuit certified ProAvisor.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Symptomps of QuickBooks Error Code H505
- An active software Window crashes with the incidence of errors code H505
- Your system frequently crashes when the identical application is running
- The speed of the windows gets slow and responds slowly to the inputs of the mouse and keyboard
- Repeated freezing of the system for a few seconds
- QuickBooks web hosting error message H505 appears on the screen
Possible Causes of the error
- .ND report is broken or the wrong without a functional.ND document, QuickBooks is unable to access the files on a network
- QuickBooks services QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor aren’t running
- The IP address of the server can’t be determined
- Website hosting is not configured properly
- The server does not have to host mode became on
- QuickBooks firewall ports not configured properly. Communique among QuickBooks and server is not taking place due to incorrect firewall settings
- There are some errors with the DNS setting
Fixation of QuickBooks Error H505 [Updated Solution Methods]
To resolve and fix error code h505 you can follow these bellow mentioned procedure or solution, by following these steps by step by step solution you can easily fix error H505.
Solution 1: The hosting mode should be off at the users’ computer systems and grew to turned-on at the server.
- You have to open QuickBooks on all of the customers’ computers which are showing a Quickbooks Error H505.
- Go to the QuickBooks menu then click on the file menu.
- Select the Utilities under the file menu.
- Now, look for an alternative with the name Host Multi-User Access. If it’s there, do not select it. Because of this particular computer isn’t leading to any problem. You can simply visit the next computer.
- If you see an option with the name stop website hosting Multi-user access choose it.
- The above-given steps are to be repeated on all of the customers’ computer systems or workstations that are getting this error.
- After you have covered all of the customers’ computer systems, visit the server computer.
Solution 2: Firewall settings are to be configured to allow exceptions.
- Visit the start button on the display then click it.
- Type Control Panel within the search box.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Search for the Firewall Settings then open it.
- Go to allow software through Firewall.
- After this, select the upload program.
- Now, you are required to put into the listing of exceptions QuickBooks 20xx.
- Ultimately, restart your device in order that the modifications which you have made get implemented.
Solution 3: You need to verify that QuickBooks services are running
- Firstly, open the Run conversation box.
- Within the text content area of the Run box, put services.MSC and then press enter.
- Services can also be opened through the task manager. You have to press these keys together in home windows 10 to open the assignment manager – Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys.
- Within the task supervisor window, go to the services tab.
- Look for Open services and click on it a good way to open it.
- Find QuickbooksDBXX service inside the call column.
- After that click twice on the service call.
- select properties from the list that looks.
- Go to Startup type pick computerized. The fame of the service must be started out or strolling. If the provider is stopped, begin it through using the begin button.
- Visit the recuperation tab.
- Below the primary failure option, you have to pick Restart the provider. For these alternatives also – 2nd Failure and next screw-ups – Restart the service is to be selected.
Solution 4: This answer entails opening the community ports which are used by QB for sending and receiving statistics
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Within the Control Panel window, visit gadgets and security.
- Now, open Windows Firewall.
- Look for the superior settings and pick them.
- On the left, visit Inbound rules and do proper-click on it.
- Select the New Rule then click in the guideline type.
- Click the TCP and specific local ports then you have to add the important QuickBooks ports.
- Click the subsequent button after completing the above step.
- In the window that looks, you have to select allow the connection a number of the alternatives given there.
- Select the next and now select the network type for applying this rule. In the case of network switching is common, maintain checked all of the alternatives.
- Give a name to the rule after that click on at the finish button.
- Repeat the steps stated above for Outbound policies also.
- Check whether or not you are now going through QuickBooks blunders H505 or not.
Solution 5: This solution entails editing the windows hosts report.
- Open Run at the server.
- Now, open Command set off with the aid of typing cmd in the Run window.
- Run the command “ipconfig /all”.
- Note down on a paper or text report the laptop call and IP address for all workstations and hosts.
- Close QB and go to This pc.
- Then, open C: WindowsSystem32DriversEtc or C: WindowsSyswow64DriversEtc.
- Now, open the Hosts report with Notepad.
- In this step, you have to input the pc name and IP address stated above. Do now not use the distance bar, but use the Tab key for separating the IP address and laptop name.
- After you’ve got completed the above steps, apply changes and test for the QuickBooks errors H505.
You can easily fix Quickbooks error h505 by following these steps or procedure if you are unable to fix this error by self and need experts advice to fix this error then you can hire our QuickBooks technical support team.